Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Dzingel, Lyubushkin from ARI for Ritchie, c.2nd... Dzingel on waivers &claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Pretty similar player to Chiarot and Ol’ Dubey picked him up for a cap dump. You have to love that. If Muzzin and Jack find their game when they return, this is a pretty damn solid team. It’s a big if, but if they do, the leafs have a pretty decent chance. You keep knocking on the door and eventually someone opens. Right? Right?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It’s funny how much to do has been made by people in this fanbase about Dubas not doing enough to improve the defense, but including Boosh, he’s now acquired 4 top 4 D since he became GM. And he’s drafted and/or developed two guys who are on the team now and certainly trending towards being top 4 guys as early as maybe next year. Seems entirely likely he’ll add someone before the deadline too, like a Giordano, for example.

Dubas and co have done so much to improve our defense and sure there’s room to continue to improve it, but seems like they are committed to it. Actually pretty impressive work when you consider the serious financial constraints they imposed on themselves

Last edited:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Echo that one .. gotta give Dubie credit for bringing in Lub and Gio .. these 2 really enhance our defense .. instant improvement

If Jack can find himself again this team is legit scary, like, the best all around Leaf team I have ever seen, again though, only if Jack finds his game again.

If Campbell does not show up it will be a huge crush to this team and fan base, everyone else is running in top form, we need our goalie, we live or die by Jack.

Reactions: uncleben

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
The game and player that Boosh has been for us since acquiring him has been uneven at times , big plays , occasionally erratic play , but his unpredictable, tough , F U all attitude is exactly what we needed back there …
Tough , unpredictable,mean crooked eye old school Mccoun type ..
His little tough plays and play throughout this game tonight really brings an element we really haven’t had in a while . The kicker is that he “can “ “ so far “ and has played 1st Pair minutes and assignments.
He really has been a pleasant surprise to me .
I love his unhinged demeanour out there but with a nice offensive subtlety as the big plus .
He’s unafraid , young and a real player her to battle every shift no matter what
We need this more and more
Way to go Management again .
Go leafs go

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The game and player that Boosh has been for us since acquiring him has been uneven at times , big plays , occasionally erratic play , but his unpredictable, tough , F U all attitude is exactly what we needed back there …
His little tough plays and play throughout this game tonight really brings an element we really haven’t had in a while . The kicker is that he “can “ “ so far “ and has played 1st Pair minutes and assignments.
I love his unhinged demeanour out there but with a nice offensive subtlety as the big plus .
He’s unafraid , young and a real player her to battle every shift no matter what
Go leafs go
lol. "crooked eye". Peak era McCoun was a nightmare to go into a corner with. You come out like a spiralized ham.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Go leafs go
Great assessment Teeder. His "unhinged demeanor" as you put it is very much appreciated, this is a guy who can end someone's night with a big hit if he decides to. Very much an amazing trade by Dubas.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
We were expecting him to be physical, but he laid 2 absolutely thunderous checks on the Oilers last night.

Wondering if Lyubushkin was doing that consistently for the Leafs last season? Thanks in advance.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We were expecting him to be physical, but he laid 2 absolutely thunderous checks on the Oilers last night.

Wondering if Lyubushkin was doing that consistently for the Leafs last season? Thanks in advance.

Sort of? Hitting was the only thing he was good at and the only thing that kept him in the lineup, so he kind of had to.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Saw the jaw dropping hit on Holloway only. He was good enough to play on our #1 d pair in the playoffs but he couldn't do much else according to those who shit on ex Leaf players that walk because we can't afford them when they become UFAs. LOL

Leaf fans before the trade with Zona - let's get Loob
Leaf fans after the trade - brilliant trade by Dubas to get rid of the lazy ass Ritchie and get Loob
Leaf fans after he signs with Sabres - Loob was the reason we lost to Tampa

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I liked the guy. I was one of the people who wanted him before the trade, and was happy we got him. He most certainly was physical, but he wasn't great at getting the puck out of the zone. As a 5/6 guy, he's useful, but we asked him to do too much at times, and he wasn't very good at that. You guys are playing him on your 3rd pairing, which is what is best for him really. He needs a partner that moves the puck well. I also wouldn't pay a 3rd pairing guy $2.75 million. It won't matter much for you guys, but we certainly can't afford to pay a third pairing guy that much, particularly when we signed Giordano at $800k. Giordano lacks the physicality, but is otherwise a better player in every other way.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Saw the jaw dropping hit on Holloway only. He was good enough to play on our #1 d pair in the playoffs but he couldn't do much else according to those who shit on ex Leaf players that walk because we can't afford them when they become UFAs. LOL

Leaf fans after the trade - brilliant trade by Dubas to get rid of the lazy ass Ritchie and get Loob
BS. I was then and am still a fan of Boosh.

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:laugh: we haven't seen zeke and deke in a while.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad