Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Cade Webber || Signed to ELC (now official)

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Realistically he’s Keith Allie 2.0. Most likely bound for Europe after toiling away in the AHL once his ELC is up.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Realistically he’s Keith Allie 2.0. Most likely bound for Europe after toiling away in the AHL once his ELC is up.
cough.. .Aulie.

Maybe, maybe not... 6th round pick isn't much to give up, and if a 6'7" 216lb kid can find a way to make it, that's something we could use. Sure, it's a long shot, but we could use a big kid like him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
cough.. .Aulie.

Maybe, maybe not... 6th round pick isn't much to give up, and if a 6'7" 216lb kid can find a way to make it, that's something we could use. Sure, it's a long shot, but we could use a big kid like him.

Keith Aulie still played 167 NHL games, and many many AHL games. That is decent value for a 6th round pick if Webber is close to that.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
20240315_102609.jpg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
cough.. .Aulie.

If he can skate backwards and forward he can making a living playing hockey.

I'm sure there aren't more than a handful of people here who know anything about him, so I'll just go off the award he just won and believe he is the best Defensive Defenseman in Hockey East, which makes him the best defensive defenseman in Hockey East. Anyone who wants to debate that better be announcing their credentials being better than the voters in Hockey East, and even then I won't believe them. I'll just believe they're being obstinate and ridiculous.

Anyway, I hope he isn't so good he goes to market and the Bruins sign him.

Reactions: Its not your fault

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Ryan Whitney on Spittin Chiclets had some good things to say about Webber on this week's episode. He's a big BU guy and also a Leafs Hater.

Said this kid is huge, plays mean, can skate and blocks more shots than he's ever seen. Absolutely thinks he'll be an NHLer and that the Leafs got a good one.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It's a 6th rounder... it's definitely a good idea to use the pick to acquire a prospect you like rather than play roulette at the draft table.
When people talk like that I wonder if they just want to see failure. Even most those types already believe that the Leafs suck so why would they rekon we would hit a homerun with a 6th rounder. I never understood that.

Reactions: Kurtz

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
If he can skate backwards and forward he can making a living playing hockey.

I'm sure there aren't more than a handful of people here who know anything about him, so I'll just go off the award he just won and believe he is the best Defensive Defenseman in Hockey East, which makes him the best defensive defenseman in Hockey East. Anyone who wants to debate that better be announcing their credentials being better than the voters in Hockey East, and even then I won't believe them. I'll just believe they're being obstinate and ridiculous.

Anyway, I hope he isn't so good he goes to market and the Bruins sign him.
Everyone knows the best defensive defensemen are in Hockey West....but I hear he's looking forward to coming here, so the internet can hate on him, but we will love him, because he will be one of the blue and white.

Reactions: ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad