Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5 Carolina 2, Happy St. Patrick's Day

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What happened to Acciari?
Puljujarvi saw him at the last moment and put his hands up to protect himself. Unfortunately, he got Acciari right in the head with his left.

Acciari got his bell rung, and is out for cautionary reasons. It looked accidental, Puljujarvi apologized immediately play stopped, and no penalty was called.

Reactions: ACC1224

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Accidental or not, any contact to the head of another player should ALWAYS garner a minimum of a 2 minute minor for roughing, no questions asked!!! 4 officials on the ice and no penalty call against 'Pool party' was completely irresponsible and borderline corruption IMHO.

In this example, Acciarri was injured and taken out of the game with an injury. A 5 minute major should have been assessed.

I really believe that if a Leaf had been the perp, a penalty would have been called!!!

As an example, we all saw the mugging of Jarnkrok just inside the Caness blueline, again with contact with his head and neck. No penalty called!!! He then proceeds to go to the net where he is pushed into the Canes goaltender. Only Jarnkrok is issued a penalty on the play. This is NO LONGER referee error, but clearly it is referee corruption in favor of an American based team.

JMHO.
A couple of games ago we saw a Leafs D fire the puck up the boards, and in doing so hit an opposing player in the head with his elbow. No penalty.

Reactions: ACC1224

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't know if everyone caught it, but the number of times the guy Schenn was covering/checking ended up on this ice was amazingly high. I caught a lot of plays behind the play or off to the side where he was just laying everyone who came near him out. Absolutely what this teams needs when you have guys like Holl and Liljegren who like to stand next to their checks rather than actually check them.

In the playoffs you want a big crease clearing Dman and one that punishes the opposition on the forecheck.

Luke Schenn has 2 Stanley Cups as a member of the Lightening.

1679158875470.png
1679158947409.png

However all bets are off with Keefe and is more than likely Schenn is in the pressbox while Holl is playing. IMO

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
In the playoffs you want a big crease clearing Dman and one that punishes the opposition on the forecheck.

Luke Schenn has 2 Stanley Cups as a member of the Lightening.

View attachment 671187 View attachment 671188

However all bets are off with Keefe and is more than likely Schenn is in the pressbox while Holl is playing. IMO

And he played in what 2 or 3 Stanley Cup final games in the 2 years they won the cup. Hardly a big contributor to them winning, though that doesn't fit your narrative.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
A couple of games ago we saw a Leafs D fire the puck up the boards, and in doing so hit an opposing player in the head with his elbow. No penalty.
Yes, and that was from a follow through from our player shooting the puck up ice. The opposing player ran into our players elbow in his attempt to make a hit. I would not have had an issue if a penalty was called, however I completely understand why it was not called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad