Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5 Carolina 2, Happy St. Patrick's Day

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
good job!

Hey isn't that, that Smith guy?

The Zuker! I'm surprised he isn't working in the Leafs org, he is after all a former Sault Ste Marie Greyhound:naughty:
Nice Easter egg maestro you found ….

1679111493579.jpeg

Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
My Three

1st. Mo fo Reelz over the last few games it's the best Reilly's skated all year, it looks like his wrist shot is back nice to see he picked up a goal and an assist, carried the puck out of his own zone as well as made some carries into the attacking zone! He laid the body on a lot. Just a real good performance out of our #1! Hopefully Mo has turned a big corner and continues this high level of play into the spring tournament, it would solve a lot of problems for the team. Maybe this 11-7 is working quietly to give the boy's a step up on the opposition.

2nd. Ilya our stand-up butterfly funny guy. He made some beauties, put up a .941 on the 32 shots he faced. He had to make some big stops even at 4-2 the lead didn't feel safe with the officiating, so much ignored and some chintzy calls especially the calls on BongRip and the goal scoring machine ZAR, the call on Big Mike was a coincidental minors if anything.

3rd. The new guys have brought with them a whole new look physical game, lots of finishing of checks, lot's of real bangers lately, the kind that make other teams sit up and notice, the kind that make the opposition be a little more cautious when entering the Leafs zone, the kind that make opposing dmen look twice when on a puck retrieval. Special mentions for Schenner, Cookie before he had to leave, ZAR, Laff doesn't look fun to play against, Liljegren is starting to push his weight around and steps up anytime he sees a chance, heck even the Captain stepped into Poolparty and rattled him pretty good.

Kampf is showing off some puck skills lately, it will be nice if he starts capitalizing on his opportunities, he has also been improving on his set up's and getting pucks through, so maybe give him some Ozone faceoffs from time to time.

Nylander has disappeared since the trade deadline
Will is producing numbers but is sometimes loafing through a shift here and there. Once they get back to 12-6 I'd like to see them put him together with Laff and Kampf in the middle, crazy speed from the outside on the rush and let Will do the Mitch thing and do most of the puck handling.

the panels won't talk about the refs

How can they not? If they did they'd find the NHL would get them replaced, lots of ex players who'd love the job. The last few weeks has been worse than terrible as to be unprofessional

EK has a history with the head ref on that crew

no touch icing I thought was no touch icing I mean really that is friggin brutal, even with the explanation the puck was covered but the Avs player used his stick to push the goaltender into the net

The refereeing has to be better for a league that generates multi-billions of dollars and it's not.

but I digress, it was solid effort tonight against a top 5 team that skates really well that has a big mobile D thats always active.

GLG

Nice Easter egg maestro you found ….

View attachment 671001
thank-you sir I do try!

Last edited:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
My Three

1st. Mo fo Reelz over the last few games it's the best Reilly's skated all year, it looks like his wrist shot is back nice to see he picked up a goal and an assist, carried the puck out of his own zone as well as made some carries into the attacking zone! He laid the body on a lot. Just a real good performance out of our #1! Hopefully Mo has turned a big corner and continues this high level of play into the spring tournament, it would solve a lot of problems for the team. Maybe this 11-7 is working quietly to give the boy's a step up on the opposition.

2nd. Ilya our stand-up butterfly funny guy. He made some beauties, put up a .941 on the 32 shots he faced. He had to make some big stops even at 4-2 the lead didn't feel safe with the officiating, so much ignored and some chintzy calls especially the calls on BongRip and the goal scoring machine ZAR, the call on Big Mike was a coincidental minors if anything.

3rd. The new guys have brought with them a whole new look physical game, lots of finishing of checks, lot's of real bangers lately, the kind that make other teams sit up and notice, the kind that make the opposition be a little more cautious when entering the Leafs zone, the kind that make opposing dmen look twice when on a puck retrieval. Special mentions for Schenner, Cookie before he had to leave, ZAR, Laff doesn't look fun to play against, Liljegren is starting to push his weight around and steps up anytime he sees a chance, heck even the Captain stepped into Poolparty and rattled him pretty good.

Kampf is showing off some puck skills lately, it will be nice if he starts capitalizing on his opportunities, he has also been improving on his set up's and getting pucks through, so maybe give him some Ozone faceoffs from time to time.

Will is producing numbers but is sometimes loafing through a shift here and there. Once they get back to 12-6 I'd like to see them put him together with Laff and Kampf in the middle, crazy speed from the outside on the rush and let Will do the Mitch thing and do most of the puck handling.

How can they not? If they did they'd find the NHL would get them replaced, lots of ex players who'd love the job. The last few weeks has been worse than terrible as to be unprofessional

EK has a history with the head ref on that crew

no touch icing I thought was no touch icing I mean really that is friggin brutal, even with the explanation the puck was covered but the Avs player used his stick to push the goaltender into the net

The refereeing has to be better for a league that generates multi-billions of dollars and it's not.

but I digress, it was solid effort tonight against a top 5 team that skates really well that has a big mobile D thats always active.

GLG

thank-you sir I do try!

Great analysis, bang on !

Or

Oingo Boingo !

Or

Mungo Jerry
Summertime is coming !!!!
GLG

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I have some sympathy for the officials. It's a very fast and physical game and there's always going to a large "grey area" when it comes to what is and what is not a penalty for almost all types of infractions.

That being said, the reffing in the NHL is absolutely brutal and at times embarrassingly so.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
When I watch the highlights, they rarely ever show what the refs called penalties for. Tonight they didn’t even show the hit on Acciari that put him out of the game.

Reactions: Al14 and OddyOh

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Have to admit, I had one eye on the game and another eye on the the cleavage of a gal sitting beside me at the pub. She was very friendly as it turned out. Happy St. Pats Day and to all a good night!

• Love
Reactions: Primary Assist

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I have some sympathy for the officials. It's a very fast and physical game and there's always going to a large "grey area" when it comes to what is and what is not a penalty for almost all types of infractions.

That being said, the reffing in the NHL is absolutely brutal and at times embarrassingly so.
Maybe they should make some changes to a system they've been using for over 100 years, cause the game surely hasn't changed in speed at all during that time, right?

We should be able to use this bloody technology we have a bit better to help these poor blind helpless underpaid blue collar workers make the correct calls and remove their human bias.

Reactions: Brown Dog

horner

May 22, 2007
Good solid game. Hope Acciari is ok.
Liked some of the hits and grit, but wish someone would have taken Pool party to task for that bush league move.
We play them again next Saturday night.

horner

May 22, 2007
Luuuuuuuuke
Loved the hit and loved hearing Luke chant.
Hope there is some way we can sign him next yr. We really needcwhat he brings.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs put it on Carolina last night.

It was good to see a mix of production.

Yes the big boys showed up last night Marner with a goal, and a SPECTACULAR goal it was.

Matthews with a goal

Tavares 2 assists..

But also ZAR with 2 goals.

Jarnkork 2 assists

Lafferty an assist and again what an assist it was.

You are going to need that to beat Tampa.

yes the big boys need to step up.

But You'll need a 2 assist game from Jarnkork.

You'll need a goal from ZAR

You'll need an assist from Lafferty

You'll need the depth players to step up too.

You are going to need the depth to win you 1 game.

The big boys have to do about 80% of the work.

But they can't do it all the depth is going to have to win them 1 game.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
12 and 6 against the Sens and Holl is in.

How's that going to work on D? Two of Gio, Liljegren and Gustafsson out? :/ Ugh, probably Liljegren (can't believe this is a thing) and Gustafsson watching.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
No Holl
Easy Win

Weird eh

the panels won't talk about the refs
Welcome to humanity. Everyone soft and scared of everything. Embarrassing

Everyone should be talking those refs. Why do they get away with whatever they want with no accountability. Soft

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Playing Simmonds instead of McMann smfh
I don’t care how nice Simmonds is etc. He is putrid. McMann is absolutely on fire. He’s a part of the future. Just a disgusting move imo. Nice message sent to McMann too. Idiots

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad