OT: Leaf-related name for new kitten

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Comedic effect at the vet's is what it's all about. You have to think of what will sound best when being called over a speaker...

"Would Brian Glennie and owner come to the desk please..."

...that sort of thing.

Always thought regular human names were hilarious for pets: Gary, Dave, Hubert and the like.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Comedic effect at the vet's is what it's all about. You have to think of what will sound best when being called over a speaker...

...that sort of thing.

Always thought regular human names were hilarious for pets: Gary, Dave, Hubert and the like.

In that case, Donald Trump and Harold Ballard are two possibilities that come to mind.

I think Naz would be a pretty cool name for a cat actually.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON

...that sort of thing.

Very true! My one buddy and his roommate took in a cat (stray I think), and promptly named it Bob.....they found out afterwards it was a female.

If I were to get another cat right now - I would name it Leo (Uncle Leo maybe?).

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In that case, Donald Trump and Harold Ballard are two possibilities that come to mind.

Yeah. Though Trump might be too common at this point in time. Harold Ballard would probably work pretty well since it has impact, but not that many people will be going with it as a name for comedic effect.

Also agree that Naz just sounds like a good cat name.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Very true! My one buddy and his roommate took in a cat (stray I think), and promptly named it Bob.....they found out afterwards it was a female.

If I were to get another cat right now - I would name it Leo (Uncle Leo maybe?).

Huh, that happened to me. My mom got a stray given to her. She named it Bob also. Found out it was a girl, she's now Bobbi.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

...that sort of thing.

I like the idea to get laughs at the vet. But, I have to say, I don't like when pets have normal human names. A dog named Henry is just sad, like the owners needed to buy themselves a friend/child. And it's super confusing/frustrating when you end up meeting someone with the same name.

I like animals to have extremely cliche names. Mittens or Sparkles for a cat. Or maybe go over the top the other direction with comedically over-aggressive names. Like a kitten named Mayhem, Titan, or Godzilla.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
how about 4-ply ? thats the way we've played lately .

PS .Brian Glennie what D used to cheat on his wife with my younger sisters grade school teacher , took her and his and her kids {she was married too }to the Olympic Pool in the Beaches and when I said hi he told me to" F^%$ off and shut the F^%$ up "he didn't want anyone to recognize him , "really ahole ? you play for the Leafs of course your going to get recognized at a public pool " I told him , he chased me to kick my butt , I was 11 , he wanted to fight an 11 yr old what a Do^%he .

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008

PS .Brian Glennie what D used to cheat on his wife with my younger sisters grade school teacher , took her and his and her kids {she was married too }to the Olympic Pool in the Beaches and when I said hi he told me to" F^%$ off and shut the F^%$ up "he didn't want anyone to recognize him , "really ahole ? you play for the Leafs of course your going to get recognized at a public pool " I told him , he chased me to kick my butt , I was 11 , he wanted to fight an 11 yr old what a Do^%he .

We need a few clues.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012

Yikes.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

What year was this? I am going with McCabe haha.

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017

Kroner
Hap
Felix
Bunny
Cujo
Killer
Eagle
Ace
Mats (Sundin)
Clarky
Neo (Mr Andersen)
Blue
Conn
Stumpy
Babe
Turk
Red
Duff
Chief
King
Busher
Or for a joke you could name it... Fraser

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Caddy - leaf and and golf related cuz leafs gunna be golfing in a week if they continue to blow games.

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
So, the older of my two cats (formerly my mother's cat which I took in when she died) died a few weeks ago. My younger cat seems to miss having another cat around, so I'm adopting a new male kitten which I am picking up tonight (will have to record the first part of the Leafs game and catch up when I get home). In any event, since the Leafs can clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight, I am thinking of giving the kitten a Leaf-related name.

I'm thinking of Leaf or maybe Auston, but I'm looking for some more suggestions. Anyone got any ideas?

We called ours Tucker when we got him about 10 years ago. The name fits him perfectly because he's the biggest **** disturber ever. lmao :yo:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
His cousin Cheryl?

No. His cousin Guy. Not sure if he's a first or second cousin or whatever -- just going by what I was told by my mother years ago. I was given the opportunity for my cousin to get me Dougie's autograph at a family get-together but I said no because as I have stated elsewhere, I don't believe in bothering anyone for an autograph unless they're at some kind of appearance where signing autographs is part of their duties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad