Leaf fans and Bleu Blanc Rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I have no problem giving that team credit for how they've performed, because it's been really good. But I don't believe in this "Canadian team" nonsense. Go Rangers.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I have no problem giving that team credit for how they've performed, because it's been really good. But I don't believe in this "Canadian team" nonsense. Go Rangers.

I don't buy into Canadian team thing either, or I would have gone for the Canucks.

Rangers? Marty says it's all about me!!!
Kings? They just won it.
Hawks? Enough already.

Process of elimination.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

I have no problem with other than Hab fans cheering on Montreal because they are the only Canadian based team left(including fellow leaf fans). No big deal. If the Leafs were the only Canadian based team left I would welcome with open arms all these 'other fans'. Some Leaf fans really need to get over themselves.
It is rather pathetic really considering how bad this franchise has been for a long, long time.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I have no problems with the Habs or any other team really.

But their fans..... More specifically, the ones that I work with and socialize with. I don't know how often I hear ''I cheer for 2 teams, the Habs and any team playing against Toronto'' from them.

At one time, I would cheer for the habs when the Leafs were out of the Play-offs, but those days are long gone. Too many habs fans have taken great pleasure in Leafs misery for too long. I don't cheer against the Habs, but I can't bring myself to cheer for them. I just ignore what's going on with them. And if they win the cup.... omg will life around here become insufferable. :help:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'm pretty ambivalent. Not much of a fan of any of the remaining teams, at this point I'm just watching for the quality of the hockey, not so much for the result.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
crash and burn ..

heck otherwise we may have to put up with another song like this:

I prefer this version:

I care as much for the Habs as their fans would care about the Leafs under these circumstances (sad "WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THEM!?:cry:" threads notwithstanding).

Tyler Biggs*

Other than the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd period, the Habs looked pretty solid. :laugh:

BEAUTIFUL! 3 more like that please! Let's Go Rangers!

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I wonder if anyone here can intelligently tell me why Leafs fans who weren't even alive when the two teams met in the playoffs should hate the Habs. I'd love to get a response that isn't "Errr because Uh it's the Uh Habs?"

And if any Leafs fan has the balls to suggest the Habs should be hated because of their fans, I'll buy them a mirror

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I wonder if anyone here can intelligently tell me why Leafs fans who weren't even alive when the two teams met in the playoffs should hate the Habs. I'd love to get a response that isn't "Errr because Uh it's the Uh Habs?"

And if any Leafs fan has the balls to suggest the Habs should be hated because of their fans, I'll buy them a mirror

It is a hatred that was instilled by my father. He as a leaf advised me at a young age of the rivalry and I guess I just keep it alive because of the memories of me and him yelling at the TV. We may not meet in the playoffs again for some time but the fact of the matter is I will always have those childhood memories of my dad and I yelling at Koivu and Damphousse when they had the puck so I will keep hating the Habs in hoping that some day I can do the same with my kid.

So yeah I kind of hope they crash and burn.

tracker828

Aug 14, 2009
While the majority of my family is from Quebec and I really love the culture of the Habs out that way, I simply cannot cheer for them. Cannot.

Habs fans make me feel bad about being a Leafs fan, so conversely, I want them to feel bad about losing in the playoffs ;)

The more heartbreaking the better :)
Amen brother crash and burn now that Price is out Im happy they wouldnt of made playoffs without him

tracker828

Aug 14, 2009
Sounds like you care too much about what others think. Grow a backbone. Be proud to be a Leafs fan no matter the team does or what other people think.
Yhe leafs are an nhl embarrassment and laughing stock and I never miss a game but hate what I see year in and year out.

MorriPage

Feb 27, 2012
Earth

Their fans. I assume you'll be taking care of shipping and handling?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Or perhaps someone can intelligently tell me why anyone should cheer for another team let alone their rivals in the playoffs just because the team you cheer for isnt in playoffs?

Crash and burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad