Leaf fans and Bleu Blanc Rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
How do leaf fans feel about The Montreal Canadiens and their crazy playoff run?

I know lots of Canadians are cheering for them just because they're the only Canadian team in the post season. But How would it feel is a leaf fan to see Gallagher hoist the cup?

For me this stings.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Come back to me when they're in the Finals. As for now, I see this as a lucky streak. Bruins had so many chances to put them away and all they could hit was iron.

Go Rangers.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I enjoy watching them play. I like a lot of their players (Price, Subban, Gallagher). They beat Boston. I like them more than the Rangers. They will still lose in the finals.

So I’m happy.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Where's the option for someone who actively cheers for the Habs as their second favourite team?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Mixed feelings. I'm glad they knocked out the bruins I ****** hate the bruins, but against the rangers I really don't care who wins because their going down regardless versus the Hawks. :)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
No true Leaf fan can ever cheer for the hated Habs....

The same goes the other way....if it was opposite and this was posted on the Habs board it would get deleted as should this thread!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I'm glad they beat Boston because I hate both the Habs and Bruins. I am very confident that the Habs will lose this round, and was scared by what the Bruins would do if they won this round.

Habs suck and have faced a team with an AHL goalie in the first round, and a goalie who can't seem to stop the puck against them in the 2nd round.

LeafsFIO*

I don't know about that, I know tons of Habs fans who wanted the Leafs to beat Boston last year. Similarly I wanted Montreal to beat Ottawa, but that's the only time I'll ever take Montreal's side in a series. Hate hate hate Montreal but I have a hell of a lot more respect for their franchise than I ever will for the Senators. Go Rangers.

hockeyfanz*

GO RANGERS GO...But ultimately...

GO HAWKS GO!!!

F*@* the HABS. Hate is not a strong enough word for the Montreal Canadiens. Who cares that they are the only Canadian team. This is not the Olympics. Some of their better players aren't even Canadian (Obviously Price and Subban are).

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
While the majority of my family is from Quebec and I really love the culture of the Habs out that way, I simply cannot cheer for them. Cannot.

Habs fans make me feel bad about being a Leafs fan, so conversely, I want them to feel bad about losing in the playoffs ;)

The more heartbreaking the better :)

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
how do leaf fans feel about the montreal canadiens and their crazy playoff run?

I know lots of canadians are cheering for them just because they're the only canadian team in the post season. But how would it feel is a leaf fan to see gallagher hoist the cup?

For me this stings.

go rangers!!!

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I have a soft spot for the habs because of how much my dad likes them. But when they play Toronto. **** that

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If you claim to be a Leafs fan you should wish nothing but bad things for the Montreal Canadiens. As they do for us. End of story.

Bull! I'm an individual. If I want to be a Leafs fan and cheer for the Montreal Canadiens, that's my right. I've known any number of rational Montreal Canadiens fans with whom I have had intelligent conversations about both the Leafs and the Habs.

I like the Canadiens (except when they're playing the Leafs) and have no problems with them doing well. It has nothing to do with them being a Canadian team -- because as I have stated many times, I don't believe in the whole Canadian teams vs. US teams nonsense. There are 30 North American teams in the NHL, in my view.

So, I did not answer the poll because my case was not represented.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
While the majority of my family is from Quebec and I really love the culture of the Habs out that way, I simply cannot cheer for them. Cannot.

Habs fans make me feel bad about being a Leafs fan, so conversely, I want them to feel bad about losing in the playoffs ;)

The more heartbreaking the better :)

Sounds like you care too much about what others think. Grow a backbone. Be proud to be a Leafs fan no matter the team does or what other people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad