Leaf fans and Bleu Blanc Rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorriPage

Feb 27, 2012
Earth
A Habs fan I work with actually got annoyed with me when I told him "hell no" when he asked if I would be rooting for Montreal, seeing as how they're the only Canadian team still in the playoffs. "But I'd root for Toronto if they were the only Canadian team in it" he said. Yeah, ok. Then you should burn all your Habs crap because you're not a real fan.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Just another team in the playoffs. Meh.

Rooting for NY to see Henrik get to the final.

you got that right. One of many many more playoff meetings for these two teams to come. Bruins Habs isn't done by a long shot, they're in the same division so plan on seeing them go toe to toe a lot more in the upcoming years - Bruins beat them last time, Montreal won this one. Habs will win some more, Bruins will win some more. Don't get so microscopic over it, look at the big picture... this series was just a single battle in the rivalry.

To answer the question, I'll be happy when the Habs are out. What sane fan of any team roots for another team? If you're a Leaf fan, how do you root for Montreal, or vice versa? How does an Ottawa fan root for Vancouver? And so on. Your team is your home team and you root for them. The only reason you should root for a different team is because you want them to eliminate another team you despise lol - I do this all the time ;)

Montreal's fanbase is so religious - like there's nothing going on out there without hockey. Life is mundane without the Habs - fans go through long, hard bouts of depression when their hockey team loses - it's like no one ever taught them that it's just a game; the planet will not be coming to an end the next day after elimination, yet the entire city wears black the day after a loss.. taking hockey just a little too serious I might wager ;) all jokes aside, they shouldn't be where they are, I guess they might be classified as this year's cinderella team, but everyone knows that cinderella teams make it far but never go all the way - this year will be no different, there are no eastern teams that can match up to the speed and firepower of the west, especially when it's montreal or new york - two teams that somehow slipped through into round 3. Can see them making the finals but that'll be it

Durkin67

Just another team in the playoffs. Meh.

Rooting for NY to see Henrik get to the final.

A Ranger Hawks final would be fun. I think Id give it to te Rangers based solely on Hanks' clutch style heroics...how many game sevens has he won?

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Couldn't care less about the Habs, just like how the rest of Canada would care if Toronto was the sole Canadian playoff team left.

Never understood the idea of cheering for the "only Canadian left".

Oct 18, 2010
Rooting against because it'll just be another in the argument for "just getting to the dance."

Overall don't really care though

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I don't care too much about the "Canadian team" thing. Every team has a majority of Canadian players still.
I remember in 2007 how unpopular I was cheering for the Ducks (they are my second team anyway) over Ottawa, when the Ducks had the most Canadian line up in the league that year, and the Sens had the most European. To me the Ducks were the Canadian team that year.

I am cheering for the Habs. I am not really feeling the big rivalry anymore. To me we have bigger rivalries with Boston and Ottawa than the Habs now. Besides Price is a great goalie, and as a goalie myself I like the way he plays.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Couldn't care less about the Habs, just like how the rest of Canada would care if Toronto was the sole Canadian playoff team left.

Never understood the idea of cheering for the "only Canadian left".

I agree completely. It's just out of the teams left, I like Montreal the best. Period.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I would absolutely love to see Gallagher lift the Cup. Go, Habs, go. Not a problem for me at all.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The responses on here are hilarious, quite rediculous, but hilarious none the less.
Why would any fan of the Leafs give a damn what a Hab's fan thinks of them??? I am happy to see the Habs doing well even though I am an ardent Leaf's fan, just not a "true" fan I guess to all those holier than thou Leaf fans. Considering how futile this franchise has been for so long it sometimes boggles the mind why some us still follow let alone brag about it! I will just continue to wait patiently for the team to succeed and enjoy watching other teams as well, even the Habs.

Does any other fan base judge each other's loyalties like this one does??

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
The responses on here are hilarious, quite rediculous, but hilarious none the less.
Why would any fan of the Leafs give a damn what a Hab's fan thinks of them??? I am happy to see the Habs doing well even though I am an ardent Leaf's fan, just not a "true" fan I guess to all those holier than thou Leaf fans. Considering how futile this franchise has been for so long it sometimes boggles the mind why some us still follow let alone brag about it! I will just continue to wait patiently for the team to succeed and enjoy watching other teams as well, even the Habs.

Does any other fan base judge each other's loyalties like this one does??

No, Just the original 6

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
I'm sick and tired of having "24 cups" rubbed in my face. I want the Habs to win so they can rub "25 cups" in my face. Oh yeah, that would be great; about as great as knitting needles in my eyes.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
the 'canadian team' thing to me is garbage, as the majority of players in the league and coaches are canadian anyways. also, as a poster mentioned the rest of the canadian fans who aren't leaf fans hope they fail miserably.

i mean we get trashed on edmonton boards, jets fans hate us for some weird reason, vancouver fans on a whole are the same and senators fans just wish they could play as well as the canadiens.
i don't really remember bad blood with the flames fans, so i'm cool supporting them.

the rangers have always been my team since the ballard years when the leafs couldn't make it, but i liked la for the last few years and they're my pic. blackhawks play exciting hockey so i wouldn't mind if they make it either.

original six hawks rangers would be great.

but i think la wins it all, after seeing the san jose series.

Feb 24, 2004
How do leaf fans feel about The Montreal Canadiens and their crazy playoff run?

I know lots of Canadians are cheering for them just because they're the only Canadian team in the post season. But How would it feel is a leaf fan to see Gallagher hoist the cup?

For me this stings.

Real Canadian hockey fans don't just cheer for "the only Canadian team" left.

There, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad