Leaf fan knocked out in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Here is the tweet in URL format. Warning, contains a swear word: https://twitter.com/Dr_Habs/status/331046181587283968/photo/1

Bruins fan here in peace.

That Cameron Frye thing (never heard of her by the way) has to be her account being hijacked? No way could she expect to hold down a job by posting that garbage.

As far as the Leaf fan getting suckered, that absolutely sucks. Idiots and too much drink ruin it for everyone. That's not the typical experience in Boston, although I realize it only takes a few fools to tarnish it for all.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

That Cameron Frye thing (never heard of her by the way) has to be her account being hijacked? No way could she expect to hold down a job by posting that garbage.

As far as the Leaf fan getting suckered, that absolutely sucks. Idiots and too much drink ruin it for everyone. That's not the typical experience in Boston, although I realize it only takes a few fools to tarnish it for all.

not a hack, she later deleted and apologized, she said it.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Okay, reality check. Scroll through this kid's twitter. My guess is they were looking for trouble and found it. He's probably sucker-punched a guy or two himself...

Reddit poster said he did nothing all game so don't jump to conclusions from a guy's Twitter.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008

Unfortunately the account WAS NOT hijacked at all. I was watching her tweets all day yesterday and she appeared to have full control over the account responding to other tweets and in many cases replying with a "I messed up" tweet.

What grinds me, is that there were several other disgusting tweets made earlier. Anyways I think she deleted her account, and someone else now took it over or something...

LeafsFIO*

I don't understand why people always hate the USA chant. I think it's awesome. It's like when Brits spontaneously break into God Save the Queen. The booing of other peoples anthems is pretty low but being proud of your own country is great.

Also you have to remember Bruins fans might be a little insecure when the Leafs are in their building, it's called the Toronto Dominion Garden. We technically own it.

If they did it every game it'd be cool but it's stupid because they do it only when Canadian teams are in town.

Reminds me of when the Hull Olympiques fans used to sit through and boo the Canadian anthem, but only when Ottawa or a maritime team was playing. Not that chanting USA is classless by any means, but it's the same sentiment.

If you're going to have a nationalist tradition in your barn, do it every game, don't do it to send a message to select opponents.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
not a hack, she later deleted and apologized, she said it.

WOW....... I just read through more of the thread and saw her apology post.

To be honest, I'm more floored by that that I am the drunk (no doubt) moron who sucker punched the kid on the stairs. No idea what the F she was thinking -- only glad that she'll never get a job in media again.

She even has the audacity to use the name of one of the Boston Marathon victims in her apology. Unreal.

Please know that the fool who sucker punched that kid, nor this ridiculous idiot who posted that crap about Kessel, represent Boston.

People suck sometimes.:shakehead

EDDIE20*

She's a piece of work alright. What she doesn't realize is that it's a small world and people don't forget easily.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

To be honest, I'm more floored by that that I am the drunk (no doubt) moron who sucker punched the kid on the stairs. No idea what the F she was thinking -- only glad that she'll never get a job in media again.

She even has the audacity to use the name of one of the Boston Marathon victims in her apology. Unreal.

Please know that the fool who sucker punched that kid, nor this ridiculous idiot who posted that crap about Kessel, represent Boston.

People suck sometimes.:shakehead

i came to boston last year for a hockey tournament, and in none of my games against a team from boston, or in my time in the city did i get that kind of vibe. It sucks that the national spotlight sees these kind of negative things though and this is the type of thing that can give a city a bad name though.

Its like saying all habs fans are whiners, i live with one, my father, and he is not even close to as bad as some of them on here. But thats what that fanbase is known for.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
i came to boston last year for a hockey tournament, and in none of my games against a team from boston, or in my time in the city did i get that kind of vibe. It sucks that the national spotlight sees these kind of negative things though and this is the type of thing that can give a city a bad name though.

Its like saying all habs fans are whiners, i live with one, my father, and he is not even close to as bad as some of them on here. But thats what that fanbase is known for.

I agree completely. It's the thing these idiots need to realize -- they represent a city, location, country (whatever) and when their actions are crap they make their fellow fans/citizens look like crap.

Then again, I'm giving them far too much credit. The fools that do/type the sort of things we are discussing here, by definition, rarely have sensible thoughts running through their heads.

That said, I think there are a few things we can agree on:

1) That crap that went down after the last game was reprehensible.
2) Let's have a good, clean and intense game tonight.
3) Wasn't that Habs/Sens game last night just fantastic??? :handclap::laugh:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Reminds me of this

We're not exactly fans of calling to attention the awful reputation of the Philadelphia sports fan, mostly because that reputation is, generally speaking, complete ********. Every town has their idiots, and we're no different than New York or Boston or Oakland or anywhere else.

We're not nearly as bad as everybody wants to make us out to be, and we try to defend the collective reputation of Philly fans as often as we can. Part of doing that, however, means putting a spotlight over the idiots that have forced that reputation to become a reality, like these dudes who beat up a bunch of Rangers fans at Geno's Steaks.

WARNING: This video is extremely graphic. So graphic, in fact, that it was originally pulled from YouTube because it violates their policy on "shocking and disgusting content."

We'll assume this second version, via Barstool, will likely get pulled at some point as well. (Not surprisingly, they had a uh, different take of things at that other site. Don't wade into the comments. Or click the link, for that matter.)

Just absolutely awful and completely embarrassing.

If you didn't have the stomach to watch, a synopsis: A Flyers fan guy in a Giroux Winter Classic jersey is arguing with a Rangers fan in a Ryan Callahan jersey. The Philly schmuck clearly steps things up, taking off his coat and stepping towards the Ranger fan. He hits him in the face, the Ranger fan fights back, and then some goon in a Jagr jersey steps in and teams up on the guy in the Callahan jersey.

They get him down on the street, everybody is yelling to stop, horns are honking. Another Rangers fan steps in to try and help his friend, but winds up getting jumped by these two idiots too. The guy in the Callahan jersey gets up off the pavement and then, seemingly because these two Flyers fans have tiny balls and feel the need to sucker punch people while in line for cheesesteaks, knocks him to the pavement again with one punch -- from behind.

All in all, it looks like three or four people are throwing punches, and it looks to me like two or three Rangers fans are trying to defend themselves. Several people, including one guy in a blank Flyers Winter Classic jersey, look like they're trying to break things up. The guy in the Jagr jersey and the guy in the Giroux jersey are almost certainly friends, and they should probably not be allowed to procreate. But that's just my opinion.

What's the point of posting this, you ask? Well, there's the hope that maybe somebody was there and can shed some light on the incident, perhaps with the ultimate goal of getting these idiots thrown in jail. Or, perhaps more unlikely, you can recognize a face or a voice or something in the grainy video and come forward.

We say so often that we don't deserve our reputation as awful monsters moonlighting as sports fans, but when this sort of thing happens, it completely undermines everything we say on the subject. It's up to us to police this stuff, then.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Reddit poster said he did nothing all game so don't jump to conclusions from a guy's Twitter.

If you scroll through his Twitter pics, you'll see he posted a picture of himself after getting sucker-punched after a concert.

264ophg.png

Odd. I manage to go to concerts and hockey games without getting sucker-punched. Kyle must be a very unlucky guy. Or, he's a doosh and him and his Shwa buddies go out drinking looking for fights. Probably had it coming.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If you scroll through his Twitter pics, you'll see he posted a picture of himself after getting sucker-punched after a concert.

264ophg.png

Odd. I manage to go to concerts and hockey games without getting sucker-punched. Kyle must be a very unlucky guy. Or, he's a doosh and him and his Shwa buddies go out drinking looking for fights. Probably had it coming.

He's from Oshawa? I don't feel bad for him anymore!

I'm joking, it is still horrible, but as a guy who grew up in Courtice, Oshawa sucks, lots of wanna be tough guys there. Still horrible thing that happened.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Okay, reality check. Scroll through this kid's twitter. My guess is they were looking for trouble and found it. He's probably sucker-punched a guy or two himself...

To claim that he has 'probably' sucker punched a guy or two himself is one hell of a leap of logic (and I use the term 'logic' loosely here).

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Leafs fan who got KO'd in Boston

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/6/j

“After the game I was blind-sided with a sucker punch while I had my mask on,” Kyle, who was also celebrating his birthday, explained. “Honestly, I do not remember what happened.”

kyle hay @kylehay21

Thanks to everyone for the b day love and asking if I'm ok just want to apologize to leafs nation for wearing a leaf jersey while getting ko

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I don't understand why people always hate the USA chant. I think it's awesome. It's like when Brits spontaneously break into God Save the Queen. The booing of other peoples anthems is pretty low but being proud of your own country is great.

Being proud of your country is one thing, but ignorant and mindless nationalism is something else altogether. Just think about it - they are chanting that when the Leafs have more American players than their team (the ratio is 5-1 or 4-1 or something like that). So how does that equate to being proud of your country? Your country hasn't done squat...Canadian and European players have done something!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

The thing is, she hasn't lost a job over this so she is still working in the media.

EDDIE20*

You know what they say about those who assume....

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
To claim that he has 'probably' sucker punched a guy or two himself is one hell of a leap of logic (and I use the term 'logic' loosely here).

How so? The kid is obviously a loud-mouth and likes to get into fights. I'm just struggling with the poor, innocent kid image that everyone seems to be embracing.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
Being proud of your country is one thing, but ignorant and mindless nationalism is something else altogether. Just think about it - they are chanting that when the Leafs have more American players than their team (the ratio is 5-1 or 4-1 or something like that). So how does that equate to being proud of your country? Your country hasn't done squat...Canadian and European players have done something!

So if the Blue Jays, Raptors or Toronto FC accomplished something there shouldn't be any national pride involved? The Blue Jays have a maple leaf in their logo, should that be replaced with a little Dominican flag? People don't care where the players are from, they're cheering for their team, and the Bruins are an American team.

As Canadians our response shouldn't be to say they can't do that, it should be to let them know how awesome Canada is.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

Do you really need it explained to you that being a loud mouth (assuming for the sake of discussion that he actually is) does not mean that one is prone to acts of physical violence?

The kid is obviously a loud-mouth and likes to get into fights.

While he may be a loud mouth, it is not obvious that he likes to get into fights. You haven't an ounce of evidence on which to base that assumption.

I'm just struggling with the poor, innocent kid image that everyone seems to be embracing.

He may or may not be a ****** but that does not mean that 1) he deserves to be sucker punched or 2) that he is prone to violence himself. He may well be, but you don't have any evidence to support that and, as such, you cannot make any assumptions.

GoodNHLTroll*

Happens all the time...for the most part I think Bruins fans are quite composed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad