Leaf fan knocked out in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RlDuuSOGEQ&feature=player_embedded

Apparently, he got sucked punched. Prayers to him from Leafs Nation. This should never happen. I give respect for the Bruin fans aiding him, but it does not excuse what happened. Shameful.

EDIT: Looks like he may be released from the hospital and is doing fine. Still doesn't excuse the incident.

https://twitter.com/23Barts23/status/330927749072027648

@sarah_connors @mirtle that was my buddy. We just got back from the hospital now. Everything is fine. Thanks for the concern.

Last edited:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Habs fan coming in peace.

Disgusting. Sports are supposed to be a vehicle for celebration and banter, but not violence, at least not between fans.

I won't judge the entire fan base on this, since there are a lot of good Bruins fans, but there also seems to be a lot of violent Bruins fans as well. The only fight I ever saw (including a ton of Ottawa/Leafs games and Habs/Leafs games) was a bunch of drunken Bruins fans looking for a fight in Montreal.

I hope that fan is ok. No one deserves to be attacked just for supporting a sports team.

Neas Olc

Registered Abuser
Mar 22, 2011
Toronto
Reminds me of the Bruins fan(s) beat up in Vancouver a few years ago.

Unfortunately this sort of thing is normal over here in the Old World.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Every fans base has boneheads like this. I am not surprised something like this happens. I would think it happens more than we hear about though. Sports bring out the best and worst in people. Sometime grown men act like children.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

StoneColdFlower*

I think it's too soon to make Boston Strong jokes. Anyways, their fans on HF didn't have very kind things to say about these lout fans.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I've seen this **** happen before. Pathetic drunk lowlifes looking for an excuse to beat up someone...

Every team has it's idiots, it's not just the Bruins...

Reactions: ChicagoIsBedarded

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
A punch to the back of the head can cause severe damage, paralysis or even death. I got laughed at once by saying that on this board before which is unfortunate

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
A punch to the back of the head can cause severe damage, paralysis or even death. I got laughed at once by saying that on this board before which is unfortunate

I just read that a ref of a recreational soccer league died in Salt Lake City because of a punch to the head from a 17 year old player.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/05/us/utah-soccer-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

In the end, it's a hockey game. There are idiots in every fan base that think they're tough because they have 20K people behind them.

Let's just hope nobody in Toronto behaves like this.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I remember hearing stories about Habs fans getting harassed really badly during the last playoffs in Boston :(

anyway, what happened yesterday sounds pretty bad:

I was sitting behind this guy during the game and he and his friend group was harassed the entire time with people throwing things at them ad being called **** any time the leafs did anything positive. They did nothing to instigate any of the abuse they received. When I walked down the Garden stairs he was out cold with his eyes rolled back in his head and blood coming out of his mouth. He had been wearing a masked and it looked like it was cracked in half from when he was hit. Really disappointing day to be a Bruins fan.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/1dpqmz/leafs_fan_attacked_at_td_garden/

Neas Olc

Registered Abuser
Mar 22, 2011
Toronto
I just read that a ref of a recreational soccer league died in Salt Lake City because of a punch to the head from a 17 year old player.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/05/us/utah-soccer-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

In the end, it's a hockey game. There are idiots in every fan base that think they're tough because they have 20K people behind them.

Let's just hope nobody in Toronto behaves like this.
That's just crazy. I've been in some nasty football matches with death threats but that's something else.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't think generalizing as this was a Boston fan that knocked out a Leafs fan is healthy, when I visited Boston the people were nothing but friendly to me and my family.

This is a case of a few lowlifes giving hockey fans a bad name, really I just hope the Leafs fan is ok, that's where I feel bad. Anyone that invests time and money to go see their favourite team should not have this happen to themselves.

If a Boston fan was being physically assaulted at a Leafs game, I sure hope some of us would interject.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
I'd think twice before going to a Boston-Toronto game in Boston in a Leafs jersey. :laugh:

But if people think this is a bad, check out some of the football violence in Europe.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I doubt anyone even attempted to go after the guy. **** like this pisses me off. He potentiall could have killed him and he can just run free and no one does anything?

Disgusting. Any updates on his condition?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Looks like he recovered, but I don't want to think about any outstanding concerns, medical costs? I'm not too sure how it works down there.

I respect Bruin fans but one thing is evident, while it may be the small minority and not representative of their fan base, these type of stories seem to happen exclusively to Boston/Bruin fans (see their incidents with Hab fans) than other hockey-rabid places.

Added link in first post: https://twitter.com/23Barts23/status/330927749072027648

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Looks like he recovered, but I don't want to think about any outstanding concerns, medical costs? I'm not too sure how it works down there.

I respect Bruin fans but one thing is evident, while it may be the small minority and not representative of their fan base, these type of stories seem to happen exclusively to Boston/Bruin fans (see their incidents with Hab fans) than other hockey-rabid places.

Added link in first post: https://twitter.com/23Barts23/status/330927749072027648

Thank god. Still frustrating to know the guy that did it gets away and no one did ****.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Morons in every fanbase. Unfortunately, Boston is a large university town that loves sport, and in my experience there are a lot of young male idiots who have some sort of alpha thing going on and love to pick fights. I see it a lot in Waterloo, which is essentially a mini-Boston

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I doubt anyone even attempted to go after the guy. **** like this pisses me off. He potentiall could have killed him and he can just run free and no one does anything?

Disgusting. Any updates on his condition?

Most of them were Boston fans. The leaf fan was probably alone.

Sooner or later that guy will try to pull that on the wrong person and he will learn not to do that.

TML91

Jul 24, 2010
Habs fan coming in peace.

Disgusting. Sports are supposed to be a vehicle for celebration and banter, but not violence, at least not between fans.

I won't judge the entire fan base on this, since there are a lot of good Bruins fans, but there also seems to be a lot of violent Bruins fans as well. The only fight I ever saw (including a ton of Ottawa/Leafs games and Habs/Leafs games) was a bunch of drunken Bruins fans looking for a fight in Montreal.

I hope that fan is ok. No one deserves to be attacked just for supporting a sports team.

I don't know if you remember a video that was posted I think on the habs boards but there was a video of a hab fan using the washroom and was just surrounded by bruins fans chirping him this is unacceptable if anything a joke and a disgrace I have little respect for bruins fans, but like you said there are good bruins fans and I have a couple of friends who are bruins fans and are very nice but I think it's just the people from Boston who are arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad