Leaf fan knocked out in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
So if the Blue Jays, Raptors or Toronto FC accomplished something there shouldn't be any national pride involved?

Since it is not a national accomplishment, no. If it was the Canadian national team in any of those sports then fine, but professional teams are not national teams and therefore national pride should not come into it - team pride should.

The Blue Jays have a maple leaf in their logo, should that be replaced with a little Dominican flag?

No, it should be a Canadian flag because that is where the team is based but any wins by that team are not national accomplishments for Canada, they are accomplishments for that franchise.

Maybe you are too young to remember the Jays' World Series wins but the standing joke after those was that our Dominicans beat their Dominicans.

People don't care where the players are from, they're cheering for their team, and the Bruins are an American team.

Yes actually, many people do care where players are from (ie. the angst regarding the number of Americans on the Leafs in the past couple of years).

And while the Bruins may be an American-based team, they are not an American team (ie. a team comprised of Americans) so the mindless nationalism of their fans is misplaced.

As Canadians our response shouldn't be to say they can't do that, it should be to let them know how awesome Canada is.

Do you really think any of them care one iota how great Canada is? And it is rather funny to see you say 'as Canadians' when you have another country's flag underneath your avatar.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
How so? The kid is obviously a loud-mouth and likes to get into fights. I'm just struggling with the poor, innocent kid image that everyone seems to be embracing.

2 years ago I was walking home and a car pulled up, someone sucker punched me and jumped in the car and took off. Didn't mess with anyone that night, didn't bump into anyone or really even say one word to anyone besides my friends. I didn't see it coming at all and ended up tripping and breaking my ankle pretty bad. A couple people convinced themselves that I must have been doing something stupid to be attacked like that and it made my blood boil to have any of the blame shifted on me. But ok I probably deserved it somehow.

A few years ago I was at the Wings and Leafs opener and after the game someone in a Wings jersey jumped me from behind while I was walking back to my bus. This ended very differently as I was able to immediately reverse the guys hold and body slam him onto the pavement (He left me alone after). But since I am such a tool, I probably deserved to almost get beat down again that night.

People are idiots, this is just another prime example

30Rinks

Go To A Leafs Game @
Mar 27, 2010
Toronto
www.30rinks.ca
I go to leafs games across north america and Boston was the toughest that I've been to so far. Leaving the game (a bruins blowout) I had people throwing food, smacking my helmet (I have a wig / helmet costume type thing) as I was walking out, and chirping hard. I can take the chirps (and expect that) but have no interest in escalating anything.

To avoid this I always sit lower bowl - I wouldn't go to philly / nyr / boston without being lower bowl. Your cash weeds out some morons (but, to be honest, you get morons in Toronto's uppers too)

I'm going on Friday to Boston and will be using the same philosophy - you don't taunt them (cheer for goals, but don't turn around for high fives at them, etc) and you keep your drinking / chirping to a minimum. Anything more and you're inviting yourself for trouble. If you start spilling drinks or trying to take on a whole section of chirps you're getting ****ed up - it's not worth it and I'm 6"5 / 300 lbs. You're not fighting one person, you're fighting a fan base, so the best thing is to not escalate and move on.

Another tip, be very careful about being a "snitch" and getting people booted out. Most arenas / stadiums have numbers you can text to get guest services there, make sure you know them - ask them to relocate you if you really need to, as if you get a few people kicked out others might turn on you. And if you yourself gets booted expect the ******* chants

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Do you really need it explained to you that being a loud mouth (assuming for the sake of discussion that he actually is) does not mean that one is prone to acts of physical violence?

While he may be a loud mouth, it is not obvious that he likes to get into fights. You haven't an ounce of evidence on which to base that assumption.

He may or may not be a ****** but that does not mean that 1) he deserves to be sucker punched or 2) that he is prone to violence himself. He may well be, but you don't have any evidence to support that and, as such, you cannot make any assumptions.

If you've gone through his Twitter and have come to a different conclusion, then we disagree. Posting a post-fight picture online like a badge of honour certainly qualifies as an "ounce of evidence" in my mind.

saint2e

Aug 4, 2005
Kitchener, Ontario
Blaming the Leafs fan is textbook victim blaming. It's not right when we blame **** victims, and it's not right when we blame victims of any sort of assault like this.

noregrets911

Apr 20, 2012
Markham Ontario
I go to leafs games across north america and Boston was the toughest that I've been to so far. Leaving the game (a bruins blowout) I had people throwing food, smacking my helmet (I have a wig / helmet costume type thing) as I was walking out, and chirping hard. I can take the chirps (and expect that) but have no interest in escalating anything.

To avoid this I always sit lower bowl - I wouldn't go to philly / nyr / boston without being lower bowl. Your cash weeds out some morons (but, to be honest, you get morons in Toronto's uppers too)

I'm going on Friday to Boston and will be using the same philosophy - you don't taunt them (cheer for goals, but don't turn around for high fives at them, etc) and you keep your drinking / chirping to a minimum. Anything more and you're inviting yourself for trouble. If you start spilling drinks or trying to take on a whole section of chirps you're getting ****ed up - it's not worth it and I'm 6"5 / 300 lbs. You're not fighting one person, you're fighting a fan base, so the best thing is to not escalate and move on.

Another tip, be very careful about being a "snitch" and getting people booted out. Most arenas / stadiums have numbers you can text to get guest services there, make sure you know them - ask them to relocate you if you really need to, as if you get a few people kicked out others might turn on you. And if you yourself gets booted expect the ******* chants

I'll be there too with 2 other leafs fans. Lower bowl!

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
I am a bruin fan living in the GTA. The view of anyfan base is this type of behaviour is unacceptable at any level ! This is not about being a bruin fan or a leaf fan.. its an idividual act of a coward, and someone who should be put away for thier actions.

what we need to get back to is the ribbing of the two fan bases at each other without violence... but in the spirit of supporting our teams.

Congrats to the leafs on making the playoffs.. and you will excuse me for not wanting you to proceed any further.. :) .. have fun and enjoy the rest of the playoffs folks.. !

EDDIE20*

Exactly.

He was SUCKER PUNCHED by someone who ran away. That alone speaks volumes.

This.

Anybody who thinks he was asking for it really needs to get a life. There's a difference between chirping and decking someone out of the blue then making a run for it.

82SeriesWatcher

Aug 5, 2011
nothing new. for the canucks games, inability of boston stadium staff to keep a safe environment was a major issue. they have this on camera.

even when i am all drunk at ACC cheering for the canucks, never more than a little ribbing at ACC. boston environs, what a gong show. they play music that gets the fans going also and they really should stop serving booze so late into the games.

personally, do not care who wins. game is an "astrix" season anyway.

JuicyJ*

nothing new. for the canucks games, inability of boston stadium staff to keep a safe environment was a major issue. they have this on camera.

even when i am all drunk at ACC cheering for the canucks, never more than a little ribbing at ACC. boston environs, what a gong show. they play music that gets the fans going also and they really should stop serving booze so late into the games.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say you've never attended a hockey game.

This entire post is wrong.

Leafsvideos

Oct 16, 2010
People should be more vigilant nowadays days instead of just going straight to their phones to get a video out of something

Kind of disagree, but kind of not, maybe the phone should be taken out to either call the police or take a snap shot of the criminal...
But to be vigilant is very unsafe (this isn't focusing on hockey, this is focusing on anything to do with acts of crime in life).

I am surprised that not one fan (Bruin or Leaf) that witnessed this could or did not give any type of description (that we know of).

Security Footage?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If you scroll through his Twitter pics, you'll see he posted a picture of himself after getting sucker-punched after a concert.

264ophg.png

Odd. I manage to go to concerts and hockey games without getting sucker-punched. Kyle must be a very unlucky guy. Or, he's a doosh and him and his Shwa buddies go out drinking looking for fights. Probably had it coming.

He was sucker punched at a concert and hockey game, is that coincedence? I doubt it.

I hate to judge but maybe he is doing something to provoke this. He is the common denominator in both sucker punching incidents. Its hard to say from a distance but being punched twice like that, is surely a sign he might be doing something to provoke this, if not this is super rare and uncommon. There is no way to know, only he knows. Even when people are at fault for things , they still think they are victums but are too arrogant or immature to admit it.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
He was sucker punched at a concert and hockey game, is that coincedence? I doubt it.

I hate to judge but maybe he is doing something to provoke this. He is the common denominator in both sucker punching incidents. Its hard to say from a distance but being punched twice like that, is surely a sign he might be doing something to provoke this, if not this is super rare and uncommon. There is no way to know, only he knows. Even when people are at fault for things , they still think they are victums but are too arrogant or immature to admit it.

Well, I posted earlier about it. I was suckered for literally no reason (broke my ankle) and then someone attempt to jump while I was wearing a Leafs Jersey in Detroit (I fought him off). It happens, society is full of dirtbags and this is just another example of it. In both of my scenarios I did literally nothing to provoke anybody into attacking me. And I am far from arrogant or immature thank you. Seems like the people who try to blame the victims are very naive and/or very immature themselves.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

* coming from a Canucks fan:laugh:

Tdot Soldier

Apr 23, 2013
walking dist. to acc

Yea id say this season was an "asterisk" season too if my team was down 3-0 in the first round after winning the division

EDDIE20*

Yea id say this season was an "asterisk" season too if my team was down 3-0 in the first round after winning the division

Burn!

The Canucks are yesterday's team. They're finished. It's almost over now. I hope the loca shops are fully insured this time around.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Just awful.

The Leafs should bring him in tonight as a guest of the team. Glad to hear he's doing okay back at home in Oshawa.

EDDIE20*

Just awful.

The Leafs should bring him in tonight as a guest of the team. Glad to hear he's doing okay back at home in Oshawa.

Too bad they can't find the ********** who caused the whole thing. Fly him down for the game, introduce him to both teams and have McLaren sucker punch him. See how he likes it.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Too bad they can't find the ********** who caused the whole thing. Fly him down for the game, introduce him to both teams and have McLaren sucker punch him. See how he likes it.

Just read in the Star that his buddy threw the other guy down the stairs.

Interestingly enough, my roommate's friend got sucker punched on Thursday. Just standing there having a beer and the guy launched himself at him.

There's a reason that alcohol is considered one of the most dangerous drugs out there. Lowers your inhibition, and when the real person comes out, you're far more likely to start crap with others.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

That's a shame they can't figure out who suckered him. You figure a security camera would be able to pick up a shot of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad