Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIII: L'espoir renait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Since a quebec return to the NHL could be with a relocation of a team and the love quebec have for Metallica, the new thread should be
Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: For Whom the Bell tolls ?

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Since a quebec return to the NHL could be with a relocation of a team and the love quebec have for Metallica, the new thread should be
Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: For Whom the Bell tolls ?

Or however you say that in French!

Edit: According to the always reliable wikpedia it's "Pour qui sonne le glas"

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Or however you say that in French!

Edit: According to the always reliable wikpedia it's "Pour qui sonne le glas"

Sonner le glas literally means "announcing a failure" in French. I don't think anyone wants that as a title to this thread for the next five years at least! Save that for when Las Vegas, Seattle, Hamilton and Portland will have had expansion teams :laugh:

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Sonner le glas literally means "announcing a failure" in French. I don't think anyone wants that as a title to this thread for the next five years at least! Save that for when Las Vegas, Seattle, Hamilton and Portland will have had expansion teams :laugh:

In that case , it's for whom (pour QUI sonne le glas). referring to Florida, carolina or arizona. Anyway, dont think wishing the end of a team should be in the title, it should be something more positive. So I withdraw this sugestion

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
read the link below...

http://www.lejacquescartier.com/Act...rdiques:-un-passionne-devenu-collectionneur/1

quebec nordiques collector guilluame martin remembers when the nordiques were special to the city.....and remembered the heartbreak when they moved, 20 years ago today...

but one thing he said that quebec always had the fan support even with a losing team..

Mr. Martin also remembers the support of the population of Quebec to his team, despite the difficult times. "We followed them and were encouraged although it was a low cellar team. We had plenty of no-name and bad teams, but the arena was full anyway. "

anyone saying quebec never had the fan support should be punched in the face!!!!!

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
Retour des Nordiques XIV: Rends à Badaboum ce qui est à Badaboum

translates as: Render to Badaboum the things that are Badaboum's.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Retour des Nordiques XIV: Rends à Badaboum ce qui est à Badaboum

translates as: Render to Badaboum the things that are Badaboum's.

As I fan of Badaboum I like this.

20th anniversary of the end is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Retour des Nordiques XIV: Hier encore j'avais vingt ans

A bit of french Poesie from Charles Aznavour

j'avais 20 Ans
Charles Aznavour

Hier encore j'avais vingt ans
Je caressais le temps et jouais de la vie
Comme on joue de l'amour et je vivais la nuit
Sans compter sur mes jours qui fuyaient dans le temps

J'ai fait tant de projets qui sont restés en l'air
J'ai fondé tant d'espoirs qui se sont envolés
Que je reste perdu, ne sachant où aller
Mes yeux cherchant le ciel mais le coeur mis en terre

Je gaspillais le temps en voulant l'arrêter
Et pour le retenir, même le devancer,
Je n'ai fait que courir et me suis essouflé

Ignorant le passé, conjugant au futur,
Je précédais de «moi» toute conversation
Et donnais mon avis que je voulais le bon
Pour critiquer le monde avec désinvolture

Mais j'ai perdu mon temps à faire des folies
Qui ne me laissent au fond rien de vraiment précis
Que quelques rides au front et la peur de l'ennui
Car mes amours sont mortes avant que d'exister
Mes amis sont partis et ne reviendront pas
Par ma faute j'ai fait le vide autour de moi
Et j'ai gâché ma vie et mes jeunes années

Du meilleur et du pire, en jetant le meilleur,
J'ai figé mes sourires et j'ai glacé mes pleurs...
Où sont-ils à présent,
À présent, mes vingt ans?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
That a awful lot of blue on the walls for a primary tenant that not wearing any on the jersey. :yo:

827954016105810_V60QREH_600.jpg

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Your arena is looking really nice so far. I am rooting for you guys to get a franchise.

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us
read the link below...

http://www.lejacquescartier.com/Act...rdiques:-un-passionne-devenu-collectionneur/1

quebec nordiques collector guilluame martin remembers when the nordiques were special to the city.....and remembered the heartbreak when they moved, 20 years ago today...

but one thing he said that quebec always had the fan support even with a losing team..

anyone saying quebec never had the fan support should be punched in the face!!!!!

There were even studies or claims that from the 1990-91 to 1994-95 seasons the Nordiques either broke even or made a profit. But Aubut claimed he was losing money. We never really saw the books so maybe we will never know the truth. All we know is that they initially expected to lose $10M for the 1994-95 season and about $14 the next season and apparently there was nobody who wanted to buy the team (or at least not for as much as the Comsat offer to move it to Denver?) to keep it in Quebec back then.

As for the thread title, my suggestion would be Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: The Team that Never Comes (sticking to the Metallica theme)

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
There were even studies or claims that from the 1990-91 to 1994-95 seasons the Nordiques either broke even or made a profit. But Aubut claimed he was losing money. We never really saw the books so maybe we will never know the truth. All we know is that they initially expected to lose $10M for the 1994-95 season and about $14 the next season and apparently there was nobody who wanted to buy the team (or at least not for as much as the Comsat offer to move it to Denver?) to keep it in Quebec back then.

As for the thread title, my suggestion would be Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: The Team that Never Comes (sticking to the Metallica theme)
The story goes that the local offer Aubut got was shorter by 20 million. He and his former ownership group, spent more cash and effort in PR over the last two decades to salvage their reputation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad