GDT: LDR’s Inaugural GDT Thread: Youth Caps Vs. Long Island Semi-Old Farts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I know it's because they're both slightly shaggy-haired, blonde Swedes - but whenever I catch Sandin's face for brief moments I keep mistaking him for Backstrom

Reactions: HeyMattyB

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Winner winner Wilson no goal dinner ?

Strome goal? Did Willy not tip the puck? Wtf were they looking at

They can review a high sticking play that’s not even involved in a goal? Wtf

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Winner winner Wilson no goal dinner ?

Strome goal? Did Willy not tip the puck? Wtf were they looking at

They can review a high sticking play that’s not even involved in a goal? Wtf

yes, its called a missed stoppage play. such like when it hits the net above the glass and no one sees it

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I don’t mind 4th line. The line which has been a disaster is 8-17-43
Yeah they’ve been rough but playing your 4th line that much limits you. NYI is on a back to back and we dominated them for the first half. Shouldn’t really have been close

I’m sure some of this comes from McMichael getting a late scratch and the Miro debut but man, didn’t need to be that close. It worked out, whatever!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I dont like it. Can they start taking goals away and reviewing hand pucks now as well?
Its been the rule since 2019
  • The coach's challenge will be expanded to include reviews for black-and-white missed calls that should have resulted in a stoppage (hand passes, pucks in netting, high sticks) before a goal in the offensive zone.
the capitals have used this rule numerous times to their advantage over the years

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
  • The coach's challenge will be expanded to include reviews for black-and-white missed calls that should have resulted in a stoppage (hand passes, pucks in netting, high sticks) before a goal in the offensive zone.
the capitals have used this rule numerous times to their advantage over the years
This was not a coaches challenge from what the TNT broadcast said. It was in OT and a official review from the NHL.

I hate bailing out bad refs for super close calls that erase like 30 seconds of hard played hockey after the blown call.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Weird ice time distribution. Carberry needs to stop riding the fourth line so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hivemind

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Decent enough effort, Lapi was great, he clearly has a ton of skill. Protas continues to impress. Kuemper looked bad to start the 2nd, including the goal, but overall had a pretty decent game.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

This was not a coaches challenge from what the TNT broadcast said. It was in OT and a official review from the NHL.

I hate bailing out bad refs for super close calls that erase like 30 seconds of hard played hockey after the blown call.

so you would rather the capitals lose on an illegal play rather then the situation room being able to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad