GDT: LDR’s Inaugural GDT Thread: Youth Caps Vs. Long Island Semi-Old Farts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
my point is, if the situations were reversed and it was the isles that scored, we would all be calling for a replay
Im always a homer so yes I always want the best case calls for the Caps. But just in watching NHL other then Caps this rule makes me mad every time.

Blow the whistle. Letting them play on shows our PP plays, Burns our #1 PP line and prob has to go to PP2. Kills the Mo and the fans. Its BS and favors the team that didnt score every time and is a refs bail out

and as a Gambler refs taking away goals almost always busts you

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Another positive for Kuemper(30/32, .938 SV%), despite not paddling down on that first goal. 2nd one he took away the forehand option and was beat with a nifty play on the backhand.

When I saw the Isles tied it up in 3rd to make it 2-2, my thought was the Caps need to get that 3rd one to win the game. PP got an opportunity in OT and cashed in. Dislike the 3 pt. game, but the win and 2 points against the a division opponent was important.

Hendrix Lap with 2 pts(1g, 1a). That's now 5 pts being scratched or sent down to the AHL for long stretches and then delivering production as soon as he's reinserted in the lineup!

Can anybody stack that record up against the other 31 teams in the league, especially the top teams, just to get a better perspective?

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I will say excitement in the team is so much higher this year. Obviously it hasn’t been a perfect year, but there’s something inherently more hopeful about seeing younger players come play a part and show signs of major potential. McMichael and Protas proving to be real deal gamers, Lapierre showing his skill, now getting to see Miro playing his first games. Obviously seeing your team compete for cups is better than watching prospects, but there’s a lot of excitement in watching talent grow.

If anything seeing the caps doing well and the young players perform while Ovechkin struggles at least gives hope that the “dark days” people said the Caps will be in after the Ovechkin era ends might not be so bad.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Another positive for Kuemper(30/32, .938 SV%), despite not paddling down on that first goal. 2nd one he took away the forehand option and was beat with a nifty play on the backhand.

When I saw the Isles tied it up in 3rd to make it 2-2, my thought was the Caps need to get that 3rd one to win the game. PP got an opportunity in OT and cashed in. Dislike the 3 pt. game, but the win and 2 points against the a division opponent was important.

Hendrix Lap with 2 pts(1g, 1a). That's now 5 pts being scratched or sent down to the AHL for long stretches and then delivering production as soon as he's reinserted in the lineup!

Can anybody stack that record up against the other 31 teams in the league, especially the top teams, just to get a better perspective?
It will be hard to send Lappy back down.

Im not sure how it shakes out when we give Max and Bear roster spots they didnt really earn. But we will see how Coach Carbery handles that. The youngins from Hershey are killing it and im not sure i would bench them for new old dudes off injury list. They never played with us and dont know the system or chemistry

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Props to Edmundson with the bomb slapper from the point. More scoring from the back end will make to this team even harder to play against. 1st 27 games, only 2 goals from the D. The last 2 games, 2 goals alone from the D!

Im not sure how it shakes out when we give Max and Bear roster spots they didnt really earn. But we will see how Coach Carbery handles that. The youngins from Hershey are killing it and im not sure i would bench them for old dudes off injury list.
No need for Osh, except for his good character and mentoring the young players. We are winning games despite Kuzy having no consistency in offensive production.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
so you would rather the capitals lose on an illegal play rather then the situation room being able to fix it?
There just need to be limits in place. Something like... if the goal is scored more than 10 seconds after the missed stoppage or the defending team had possession at any point between the missed stoppage and the goal, it's no longer reviewable.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

Im not sure how it shakes out when we give Max and Bear roster spots they didnt really earn. But we will see how Coach Carbery handles that. The youngins from Hershey are killing it and im not sure i would bench them for new old dudes off injury list. They never played with us and dont know the system or chemistry
I think this is why we probably won’t try to bring in another top 6. Lot of youth bubbling right now and Patches is really our top 6/9 add.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
I think what he brings to the team is alot more then fantasy stats.
He make a sh*t load of money and has 5 goals. Enough said.

Some posters just want to find nits to pick.

Caps win, but let’s complain.

Caps are far better (record wise) than expected, but let’s complain.

Caps are winning w their youngsters, who have arrived faster/more nicely than hoped for, but let’s complain.

Let’s just complain!
Or….it is making observations on issues that aren’t going away?!

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Lets tar and feather him?

Let’s burn him at the stake?

Let’s draw and quarter him?

Nothing is too cruel for that bastard, Ovechkin. Taking Ted’s money and all that cap space and not delivering! That f*** head!
Welcome to pro sports.

Your issue is how much money he’s making?

Weird.
My issue is his production is sh*t.

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1703132139693.gif

My game puck goes to Anthony Mantha with a mammoth 76% xG share and a primary assist.

Honorable mentions go to Hendrix Lapierre, Matthew Phillips, and Martin Fehervary.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
View attachment 787676

My game puck goes to Anthony Mantha with a mammoth 76% xG share and a primary assist.

Honorable mentions go to Hendrix Lapierre, Matthew Phillips, and Martin Fehervary.
Ok twabs. You’ve gone too far w the fancy stats.

Protas was all over the ice, was disrupting play with his reach and size, and got 2 apples.

Yet — you mention the hockey jockey.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Twabbs, how is Kuzy doing with underlying metrics? So much talent, but it just seems the consistency isn’t there. He seems more effective and confident than last year, but only 11 points so far in the role he has just seems like the production is lacking. Is there any hope for a true resurgence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad