LD Shakir Mukhamadullin (2020, 20th, NJD; traded to SJS)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I desperately want Mukhamadullin to become a true top-4 D so I hope you’re right, but shouldn’t the victory lap wait until he’s actually an established NHLer?

Considering the laughter at draft night, I think most Devils fans/anyone who liked the pick would be ok in taking their victory lap. He looks miles better than any draft pundit gave him credit for.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know why but it feels like this guy was drafted forever ago. He's only 21.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So when is Grier going to make the call and bring Mukh up? Sharks defense is horrendous, kid has earned games, he deserves the reward.
I could see the Sharks organization thinking that him staying in the AHL might be better for him instead of throwing the guy into the tire fire situation the Sharks team is currently experiencing.

Perhaps wait till next year and hope the team that around him is better.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I could see the Sharks organization thinking that him staying in the AHL might be better for him instead of throwing the guy into the tire fire situation the Sharks team is currently experiencing.

That appears to be the idea. Similar reasoning for why Gushchin is still in the AHL, why Eklund spent an extra year in Sweden and another full year in the AHL (except for a few call up games), and why Bystedt is still in Sweden. It appears the org is happy to slow roll the youth.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Xirik

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So when is Grier going to make the call and bring Mukh up? Sharks defense is horrendous, kid has earned games, he deserves the reward.
Throwing him to the wolves doesn’t seem like the best way to handle this kid. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some games after the trade deadline. That’s when guys like Eklund, Bordeleau, and Gushchin have been called up in recent years.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

That and people who are paying attention know how much TDL trade fodder D the Sharks have on the roster. It would be really bad asset management to start waiving players that have trade value.

The NHL is a business, not a popularity contest.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Muk is absolutely one of my favorite prospects. I cannot wait to see how he does. Very strong chance that once he's in, he's in. Guy can flat out play.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
He definitely played with nerves, and made some awful mistakes, but had some flashes. Will be important how he shows up for game 2 - any improvement all will be an excellent sign.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Has all the physical tools. He just needed to learn to be a defenseman, which he was converted to around 3 or so years before the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad