LD Shakir Mukhamadullin (2020, 20th, NJD; traded to SJS)

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
He had all those skills when he was drafted and before he was traded, I certainly don’t listen to the talking heads at any of these prospect sites, they are sheep that spit out the same bland catch all scouting reports. “Strong skater, good in transition, plus defender who displays a physical game.”
There is no context which leads me to believe they aren’t actually watching the prospects but instead box score counting.

Edit: I was one of the few very high on Mulhamadullin right from the get go. I’m just not sure he thinks the game well enough or sees the ice well enough in the offensive zone to become a top pair defensmen. He could become a high volume shooter from the point.
Passing off all these "sites" as if they all are equivalent and just use the same scouting report and thats it is a completely fallacious and unrealistic argument. And It's just not true. There is no real consistency among most of the major rankingsites, and some have far more insightful and professional than others. Sure, some are just some guy reading a scouting report. But that's like suggesting we shouldn't take any NHL teams assessment of draft prospects seriously because they all have copies of some of the major scouting reports....... which would be insane.

Muk is ranked anywhere from 18 to like 50th depending on site, that Ive seen at least. SO I do not think the paradigm you are suggesting is actually a legitimate phenomenon. It is in the case of fan made writeups and clips. But this is Hockey Writers. They were doing this when the only option was print. And they tend to take it a bit more seriously. Plus its clear from what he ACTUALLY WROTE that he's not just basing this on a handful of generic scouting reports. Again, this isnt the final say on the issue. But writing it off like that is equally fallacious as suggesting to know for certain hes going to be a superstar.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Passing off all these "sites" as if they all are equivalent and just use the same scouting report and thats it is a completely fallacious and unrealistic argument. And It's just not true. There is no real consistency among most of the major rankingsites, and some have far more insightful and professional than others. Sure, some are just some guy reading a scouting report. But that's like suggesting we shouldn't take any NHL teams assessment of draft prospects seriously because they all have copies of some of the major scouting reports....... which would be insane.

Muk is ranked anywhere from 18 to like 50th depending on site, that Ive seen at least. SO I do not think the paradigm you are suggesting is actually a legitimate phenomenon. It is in the case of fan made writeups and clips. But this is Hockey Writers. They were doing this when the only option was print. And they tend to take it a bit more seriously. Plus its clear from what he ACTUALLY WROTE that he's not just basing this on a handful of generic scouting reports. Again, this isnt the final say on the issue. But writing it off like that is equally fallacious as suggesting to know for certain hes going to be a superstar.
Im not going to sit here and argue the validity of all these websites, I have poked enough holes in numerous rankings including terrible takes on Mukhamadullin from one’s Chief Scout. If you want to debate Muk’s game based on your viewings, I will oblige. If you are going to reference some ranking, I’m out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad