LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraham de Lacy

Dahlin has been rock solid these two playoff games.

In my opinion good but not rock solid .. fumbled too much in game one. His skating is extraterrestrial though. I could easily just watch him do his figure skating when he is bored and does not get enough puck. Effortless slides -- o_O Faceoff in fifteen minutes and all I am looking forward to is watching him skate and dangle.

He strapped skates on at 2yrs old I am told. Perhaps he feels more natural with them than without. Connor McDavid in comparison started skating at 3yrs (again as I am told) which is more or less the same age and it shows. These young guys are not a difference in degree but a difference in kind.

We are on the cusp of a major change in individual skills. Lets hope Frölunda dares to release "the Rasmus" more ..

[edit] emphasize ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Dahlin with a very good effort resulting in an assist. Playing with a lot of physicality. One big hit and outmuscling grown men in front of the net. He is certainly leading the charge tonight.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
The season ended early for Dahlin, unfortunately. Would have been a dream matchup against Vaxjö. Dahlin vs Pettersson. But such is hockey.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
The season ended early for Dahlin, unfortunately. Would have been a dream matchup against Vaxjö. Dahlin vs Pettersson. But such is hockey.

Not sure if it ended, WJC 18 is still up, and he could play in the playoff in J18 allsvenskan in theory i guess. But it is a big chance that was the last thing we saw of him in SHL, even if i think he would benifit in the long run to play another season in shl.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Not sure if it ended, WJC 18 is still up, and he could play in the playoff in J18 allsvenskan in theory i guess. But it is a big chance that was the last thing we saw of him in SHL, even if i think he would benifit in the long run to play another season in shl.
Normally, I would agree with you. In Dahlins case, however, I disagree regarding one more year in the SHL. He’s ready for the next step

Abraham de Lacy

Dahlin played very well tonight .. he had one shift that had me drooling .. but Frölunda is a team in turmoil.

Hard to judge Rasmus Dahlin fairly when he plays with such a disjointed team. (Frölunda are not bad .. they are just not put together properly)

I don't think he is ready for NHL play yet. Perhaps I am wrong and just selfish (sell fish?) .. look I want to see him play one more season in the SHL.

I don't think he will regret doing that in retrospect. But what do I know. I am just an idiot.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
One of few players who actually showed up. Lot's of time now to hit the gym, improve his conditioning and work on his shot.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Dahlin played very well tonight .. he had one shift that had me drooling .. but Frölunda is a team in turmoil.

Hard to judge Rasmus Dahlin fairly when he plays with such a disjointed team. (Frölunda are not bad .. they are just not put together properly)

I don't think he is ready for NHL play yet. Perhaps I am wrong and just selfish (sell fish?) .. look I want to see him play one more season in the SHL.

I don't think he will regret doing that in retrospect. But what do I know. I am just an idiot.

He’s ready. He might not set the world on fire in his rookie year but I think in his sophmore year he will show the NHL what he is really about.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

He'll be in the NHL next year. While, I personally think he's ready to at a minimum be a sheltered bottom pairing PP-guy (look how Sergachev was used this year), even if he wasn't, the team that drafts 1st will want him in the NHL for marketing reasons. Usually, if you are bad enough to draft 1st overall, you need to sell the future and your first overall pick is that. The only 1st overall who was signed and sent back in recent memory is Marc-Andre Fleury. The last positional player is probably one of the defenders drafted in the mid-90's like Jovanovski. I'm pretty sure Phillips and Berard refused to sign for a year due to their being no cap on rookie salaries and Ottawa being broke. Erik Johnson went to Minnesota for a year of NCAA, but that was due to not signing his ELC. Whether the Blues may have encouraged him to, I'm unsure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad