LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Hopefully the Canucks miss out on Dahlin. The Flames would be doomed having to play against 2 generational players as their main rivals.

I wouldn't worry about it. We've never received a 1st overall pick and the odds are terrible with the new format.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
He's got a greater chance of winning a cup in Detroit, Before his career is over then Vancouver. How many cups has Vancouver won compared to Detroit again.
:skeptic:

EDM has the best chance to win a cup in that trash heap that is the bottom of the NHL standings based solely on their potential picks from previous drafts reaching their potential (sans McDavid).

VAN/DET = two similar substances in the toilet.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How does Rasmus feel about playing in Arizona?
Literally the same thing. “They’ve got Swedes. It’d be sick! “
Ottawa? Same exact thing.
Buffalo? “Wow, Jacob Eichel!”
Edmonton? “Wow, McDavid!”
Detroit? “Lidstrom and Zetterberg!”
Montreal? “Original Six!”

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If Chicago or Edmonton wins the lottery, I will flip. The teams who actually deserve it are the bottom 4. Buffalo got screwed a few times, especially with McDavid (even though EichDaddy is a great consolation prize). Arizona has had one top 3 pick in a long time even though they've been really bad for years. Ottawa has been tormented by terrifyingly horrendous ownership and hasn't had a top 5 pick since Spezza in '02. And finally Vancouver has had horrible lottery luck, consistently getting bumped. I hope one of those teams win it for the sake of their fans. The oilers have had countless top picks and are still garbage, while the hawks have 3 cups since 2010.

All that said, it's just a few ping pong balls so Edmonton is probably gonna win again.

i dont think Arizona deserves it at all
No one cares about hockey over there

Reactions: felixpettersson

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
The Sabres have never won the lottery, it's our time. Rasmus Ristolainen and Rasmus Dahlin, dogs and cats, Swedes and Finns, living together.

Let's see what the lottery simulator says .............. Detroit. :(
Yeah cry me a river pal.
2mcy99x.jpg

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He's got a greater chance of winning a cup in Detroit, Before his career is over then Vancouver. How many cups has Vancouver won compared to Detroit again.
What does that have to do with anything to do with the next 15 years? Canucks have a great base of prospects and young players to build off of.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
People, people, people. I'm sure he'd be happy in Vancouver. It's a lovely city with some decent prospects in the pipeline. I'm sure he'd be happy in Detroit too. Original 6 franchise. And I hate to say it as a Hawks fan, but the Wings have some very nice jerseys too.

We should stop bickering about which of those franchises deserves to draft Dahlin and start accepting the fact that he'll be in a Hawks sweater this time next year.

Reactions: Aerrol

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
This threads embarrassing why would op even post this . All this is doing is getting our fan base ripped even more than usual. Junk like this is why we are hated ...He was interviewing on a Vancouver station of course he's gonna say he'd like to play here !?! This is not news

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This threads embarrassing why would op even post this . All this is doing is getting our fan base ripped even more than usual. Junk like this is why we are hated ...He was interviewing on a Vancouver station of course he's gonna say he'd like to play here !?! This is not news
If it makes you feel any better, every fanbase here has their fair share of embarrassing/cringe-worthy posters.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Wow.
Dahlin must be a saint for choosing to live in Detroit.

If he had his way He'd probably want any California or Florida team.

As far as I know, the Detroit players doesnt really live in some worn down condos in Detroit, but rather in wealthy suburbs, and the Wings got a shiny new and luxurious arena. You got to be pretty spoiled to snub at that.

Reactions: Iceman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad