LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, NCAA (2018, 7th, VAN) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
My thoughts are pretty simple...…..
as a Canuck fan, we have never had a elite Offensive Dman
Never!
What I seen out of Quinn in his first pro game gives me hope!
A lot of hope!
Man, he has feet and hands....smart too! Ficken Quick!
Oh, I hope it lasts!

Yea, rare.... we had Jeff brown, then nobody, then we had jovocop, then ehrhoff for 2 years. Hughes is here to stay.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
My thoughts are pretty simple...…..
as a Canuck fan, we have never had a elite Offensive Dman
Never!
What I seen out of Quinn in his first pro game gives me hope!
A lot of hope!
Man, he has feet and hands....smart too! Ficken Quick!
Oh, I hope it lasts!
Rhienhart

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
he is a RFA - many RFA's come still.

link to his comments?

I think Boeser was really out of sorts to start the season, and really didn't hit his stride util the new year. Getting hurt at the end of the season last year messed up his off season training. I'm sure that training summer is going to be his focus, not the WHC.

Side note.....Next best on best tournament, would you have him on team USA?

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I think Boeser was really out of sorts to start the season, and really didn't hit his stride util the new year. Getting hurt at the end of the season last year messed up his off season training. I'm sure that training summer is going to be his focus, not the WHC.

Side note.....Next best on best tournament, would you have him on team USA?
100%

Gaudreau-Matthews-Wheeler
Tkachuk-Eichel-Kane
Guentzel-Larkin-Debrincat
Connor-Pavelski-Boeser

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
100%

Gaudreau-Matthews-Wheeler
Tkachuk-Eichel-Kane
Guentzel-Larkin-Debrincat
Connor-Pavelski-Boeser

I don't agree with 100%. I think that top six and Larkin are 100%. Debrincat, Connor, Boeser more than likely. The rest are tossups, but 20-25 players have a claim for the last 5-6 forward spots.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
2 assists for Q tonight vs Nashville. Looks absolutely lethal and poised when he has the puck.

Q has also been named to the Team USA world championship team starting may 10th. If you recall, he made the team last year as a college player.

Reactions: Canucks LB

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He looked good tonight. I wonder why he didn’t choose to become a forward though. Don’t get me wrong, he looks good defensively. But, he just seems like a forward to me.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
3 points in 4 games.

"hIs OfFeNsE wOnT tRaNsLaTe tO tHe NhL bEcAuSe oF hIs WjC pErFoRmAnCe!!!111"
Oh my god. I am sure the kid will be f***ing awesome but these hot takes are more awful than anything else. Casey Mittelstadt and Ryan Donato got their chances last year during garbage time. Both produced very, VERY well. They were going to be Calder favorites according to their respective fanbases. Turns out that late season rookie stints aren't exactly something you should base your arguments on. What the hell is your hurry with his kid? You're not proving anyone right or wrong right now.

Even if you're the biggest fan of the team and the player, taking things with a healthy grain of salt and staying out of echo chambers (or at least realizing they're echo chambers) is a pretty healthy approach to things.

My objective view on him based on the 3 games I've seen him in: 1st game he had one good moment (which resulted into a goal from rebound) before the overtime where they put on a show with Boeser & Pettersson (but that's just OT & against L.A Kings). His tunnel vision in his own zone also almost resulted into a goal (Kings, being Kings, missed an empty net), but he did play better after that.

The next two games I've nothing to say because he did nothing. In the Dallas game I think he had one good rush 5v5.

Tonight's game I've only seen from highlights, but the first PP goal assist was very nice and the other one was another pretty fluky rebound point (It does not take elite talent to put the puck at the net on PP)

Like, the things I'm seeing, the flashes, are very promising and there's an elite puck moving defense man here, but let's not act like he's lighting the league on fire.

Last edited:

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
He has come as advertised so far, he is very confident with the puck. I have been surprised how well he plays in his own end. He is very good positionally and closes lanes well. My hope was that he had elite potential, and he most certainly looks to.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lmao I think Hughes will be great but its 4 ****ing games he hasnt proved anyone wrong yet

he actually didn't say anything except for the fact he has 3 points in 4 games, which is not a lie, and he is actually mocking the mob, who were trying to sell a false headline based on one game from the WJC, the headline being he is a defensive liability who makes questionable decisions, which is far from the truth.

Also calling Kaako Kappo bluff that he actually watched him play. Where are you from?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hughes scoring points and Olli Juolevi the bust still remains to be seen.

you're calling Juolevi a bust, yet he remains to be seen? What the f*** is this? if he's a bust in your opinion why do you even bother bringing up his name?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
he actually didn't say anything except for the fact he has 3 points in 4 games, which is not a lie, and he is actually mocking the mob, who were trying to sell a false headline based on one game from the WJC, the headline being he is a defensive liability who makes questionable decisions, which is far from the truth.

Also calling Kaako Kappo bluff that he actually watched him play. Where are you from?
I'm from Finland. I watch a lot of games. I'm currently unemployed (although I watched a lot even when I worked, went to bed early and woke up super early) so I've nothing better to do than consume all the hockey I can. His first game I watched because of him, 2nd because I watch a lot of Dallas (I like 'em, believe it or not), 3rd because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Tonight's game I didn't watch because there were games I actually cared about on.

Why on earth would I bluff or lie about something so trivial? Are there actually people pathetic enough to come to these threads to fabricate some elaborate lies just to make a point? Do you think so?

I know that a lot of people only watch their own team, so it must be an otherworldly thought for you that someone might watch more than one team, because they really like hockey.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
He needs to learn to play with more urgency. Problem is he was used to skating through teams going at 70%, and he'll need to kick it up a gear to do that in the NHL. He'll do it though, that's his game and he'll play it.

Defensively he's brilliant, just need that urgency there as well, but can really read the play.

He's so young. The fun part is how much better I think he's going to be in a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm from Finland. I watch a lot of games. I'm currently unemployed (although I watched a lot even when I worked, went to bed early and woke up super early) so I've nothing better to do than consume all the hockey I can. His first game I watched because of him, 2nd because I watch a lot of Dallas (I like 'em, believe it or not), 3rd because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Tonight's game I didn't watch because there were games I actually cared about on.

Why on earth would I bluff or lie about something so trivial? Are there actually people pathetic enough to come to these threads to fabricate some elaborate lies just to make a point? Do you think so?

I know that a lot of people only watch their own team, so it must be an otherworldly thought for you that someone might watch more than one team, because they really like hockey.

Solid resume. You could be a scout!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
LOL What the heck.
I mean I know Vancouver isnt deep on the back end, but do they seriously want one of their more prized assets to be paired with Luke Schenn?

Been a fantastic pairing. Schenn also goons up anyone that even sneezes close to Hughes.

Tanev will be his partner next year tho is my guess.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver

I’m from f***ing Vancouver and have watched basically every Canuck game this year. I think Hughes will be great for us but 4 games doesn’t proven anything.

Reactions: Robongo01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad