LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, NCAA (2018, 7th, VAN) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Still think he's too small to become a legit #1, which is why I wanted Dobson, but there's no questioning his skill. In order to become an elite PP quarterback, I'd like to see him improve his shot.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Still think he's too small to become a legit #1, which is why I wanted Dobson, but there's no questioning his skill. In order to become an elite PP quarterback, I'd like to see him improve his shot.
I think there's room to grow an inch or 2 possibly. But yeah his shot needs work.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think there's room to grow an inch or 2 possibly. But yeah his shot needs work.

Unlikely he grows much more at this point. Guys typically don't shoot up an inch or two at 18 years old. It's possible but not probable.

elitebottomsix

Feb 19, 2016
He looks like a perfect PP QB for Canucks future. His shot is his biggest weakness but boeser and pettersen will be on their half boards and both have elite shots so Hughes main priority will be distributing the puck to one of those two or if he catches opposition cheating to cover those guys he’s got the skating and quickness to snap it on net and let horvat screen/tip/rebound while he’s battling in front of the net.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I can tell you all for sure - this detail I know intimately - that he is a better skater than me

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
He might be too small but I'd bet his upside has the ability to have him become a #1. On the contrary I'm not sure if I see that in Dobson, which is why I think that even if it was the riskier pick, it was the better one. That's just my opinion of course.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
all these talk comparing this prospect to Niedermayer/ Orr/ Housley really have me worried....the kid hasn't played a pro game yet, can we pump the brakes on the hype train please?

GFY

Touhou Fanatic
Dec 21, 2013
Richmond, B.C.
all these talk comparing this prospect to Niedermayer/ Orr/ Housley really have me worried....the kid hasn't played a pro game yet, can we pump the brakes on the hype train please?

I feel like that's more a stylistic comparison rather than actual future potential. I'd hope, atleast.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
They are all stylistic comparisons because no one in the NHL has his skill set right now.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008

While Hughes might be to small to be a legit #1 his offensive capabilities are vastly superior to Dobson. If both guys reach their ceilings they will be equally valuable to a team. Dobson being better defensively due to his size but Hughes being better offensively. NYI were lucky to get Dobson at 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad