LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Your not a Canucks fan your just a paid functionary of the Benning management who yells and screams at anyone saying anything about our team is less then perfect

Go read our GDTs this year Benning boy ive cheered on Jakes moments of success like anyone else. Still should have picked Nylander tho i hope some miracle Virtanen prooves everyone in the hockey world wrong somehow and ends up being the steal of the draft. Same with Juolevi but hes projecting just terribly esp comparing to the guys wr should have picked (Tkachuck Keller Serg)

Take off the blinders pal and see reality it aint too late
That's total rubbish, you're one of the biggest prospect haters on HF Canucks :rolleyes:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When I read about Juolevi I can't help but think Vancouver needs a lottery win maybe more than any team. Juolevi may be a top pairing guy, but he certainly does not appear to be at that Hedman/Doughty/Karlsson level. Dahlen would take so much pressure off Juolevi and make the defense so much better going forward. Buffalo has Eichel, Arizona has a ton of young talent and Ekman-Larsson, Ottawa has Karlsson, Chabot, etc.

The Canucks have Boeser and Petterson and really nothing else...well Horvat I guess.

He might not be a top level prospect but .5 PPG as a U-20 dman in Liiga is very good.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Whether he'll be on the top pair or top four, Canucks need him in the pipeline. They look pretty set on the forward side...they could've been absolutely stacked but will eventually run into the need for a top D anyway.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
That's total rubbish, you're one of the biggest prospect haters on HF Canucks :rolleyes:
Theres a difference between being a prospect hater and a critic of my team who doesnt blindly drink the koolaid and wear the foggy blinders provided by the bumbling bozo in charge of my team. Sorry to see how confusing this is for you boss

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
When I read about Juolevi I can't help but think Vancouver needs a lottery win maybe more than any team. Juolevi may be a top pairing guy, but he certainly does not appear to be at that Hedman/Doughty/Karlsson level. Dahlen would take so much pressure off Juolevi and make the defense so much better going forward. Buffalo has Eichel, Arizona has a ton of young talent and Ekman-Larsson, Ottawa has Karlsson, Chabot, etc.

The Canucks have Boeser and Petterson and really nothing else...well Horvat I guess.

I agree with the first part.

We also have demko (one of the top goalie prospects), gaudette (leading ncaa scorer), and dahlen, lind look to be good possible nhl players.

But you are right we desperately need the lottery win to fix many issues, I also think we need another really good forward drafted, its to bad our management wont commit to a rebuild, they could speed this all up, but they need to keep vets and compete now for some absurd reason.

A dahlin, pettersson, boeser, horvat core would be a really good foundation.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I agree with the first part.

We also have demko (one of the top goalie prospects), gaudette (leading ncaa scorer), and dahlen, lind look to be good possible nhl players.

But you are right we desperately need the lottery win to fix many issues, I also think we need another really good forward drafted, its to bad our management wont commit to a rebuild, they could speed this all up, but they need to keep vets and compete now for some absurd reason.

A dahlin, pettersson, boeser, horvat core would be a really good foundation.

It's funny, I am in Vancouver this weekend and the media is just dying for a better team. They are beside themselves about how this season is going and the latest comments by Henrik and Travis Green just add to the feeling of frustration. I lived here from 2006 to 2012...was all in on the glory years.

it's really shocking to contrast the two time periods.

I don't see how the Canucks aren't god awful next year as well.

They absolutely cannot throw their young prospects into this mess. Peterson, whoever they draft and Demko either go to the AHL for a year or back to junior if they draft Svechnikov. I can see a pre-mcDavid Oilers situation happening if they don't seriously shelter their youth.

If they win the lottery I really hope Dahlen is not expected to be Superman right away.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
It's funny, I am in Vancouver this weekend and the media is just dying for a better team. They are beside themselves about how this season is going and the latest comments by Henrik and Travis Green just add to the feeling of frustration. I lived here from 2006 to 2012...was all in on the glory years.

it's really shocking to contrast the two time periods.

I don't see how the Canucks aren't god awful next year as well.

They absolutely cannot throw their young prospects into this mess. Peterson, whoever they draft and Demko either go to the AHL for a year or back to junior if they draft Svechnikov. I can see a pre-mcDavid Oilers situation happening if they don't seriously shelter their youth.

If they win the lottery I really hope Dahlen is not expected to be Superman right away.

That wont be a concern with this management. If anything they will over shelter the youth. Boeser sat in the press box at the start of the season due to a lack of roster spots.

If we would be lucky enough to get dahlen he would likely make the team but it would be interesting to see how much ice time he gets. Guys like edler, tanev, stetcher, gudbranson, del zotto, would get opportunities before him. Who knows what other vets they sign in free agency.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Guys, we have Dahlen. We don’t have Dahlin. Unfortunately that one letter makes a huge difference.

VictoriaJetsFan...
You make too much sense with your post.
Unfortunately a significant segment of the Canucks fan base thinks the Oilers route of ‘play all of the young guys’ is the way to go.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Guys, we have Dahlen. We don’t have Dahlin. Unfortunately that one letter makes a huge difference.

VictoriaJetsFan...
You make too much sense with your post.
Unfortunately a significant segment of the Canucks fan base thinks the Oilers route of ‘play all of the young guys’ is the way to go.

I dont think people want to go the oilers route, they do want to see young players given opportunities when they play well and are ready instead of priority going to vets, sitting boeser at the start of the season was an example of that. Dont think you need to have any fear of the oiler route, we are currently stacked with veterans, some on very bad contracts who you wont be able to move (erikson, gudbranson, gagner) and some who simply will never waive (edler).

This is getting very off topic.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
If we would be lucky enough to get dahlen he would likely make the team but it would be interesting to see how much ice time he gets. Guys like edler, tanev, stetcher, gudbranson, del zotto, would get opportunities before him. Who knows what other vets they sign in free agency.
How hard it is to write Dahlin?

Dahlen is a totally different player.

--

I am happy to see Juolevi producing a bit. Not sure how he is playing defensively though.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

--

I am happy to see Juolevi producing a bit. Not sure how he is playing defensively though.

Yeah a mistake on my part when your talking about both of them and quoting someone who used that spelling. Thankfully I did not make that mistake in my first post.

As for defensively i dont know either, but a canucks writer who follows our prospects mentioned he had a rough second period in playoffs yesterday.

Reactions: FinPanda

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Theres a difference between being a prospect hater and a critic of my team who doesnt blindly drink the koolaid and wear the foggy blinders provided by the bumbling bozo in charge of my team. Sorry to see how confusing this is for you boss

Very confusing especially since your name is gaudette to Boeser.

Arguably the biggest positive impact that management has been able to do.

If youre such anti benning then why not change your name to "Eriksson to Gudrbanson"?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
I dont think people want to go the oilers route, they do want to see young players given opportunities when they play well and are ready instead of priority going to vets, sitting boeser at the start of the season was an example of that. Dont think you need to have any fear of the oiler route, we are currently stacked with veterans, some on very bad contracts who you wont be able to move (erikson, gudbranson, gagner) and some who simply will never waive (edler).

This is getting very off topic.
Boeser sat for two games at the start because he complained of tiredness in his legs, it was nothing to do with there being no roster spot.

But that doesn't suit your agenda, does it?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Yeah a mistake on my part when your talking about both of them and quoting someone who used that spelling. Thankfully I did not make that mistake in my first post.

As for defensively i dont know either, but a canucks writer who follows our prospects mentioned he had a rough second period in playoffs yesterday.
So he had two good periods?

Typical Canucks, always highlight the bad, it's like a disease on HFC.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
I feel like I have to give some credit to the guy as I was very critical of him early on to his stint with TPS. He has improved a LOT. He always had the offense but he was a serious liability in their own zone. He's still not physical (probably never will be) but his positioning and effort have improved drastically. Not sure how he'll eventually adjust to NHL, but he doesn't look like a total bust to my eye anymore.

Another PO game tomorrow. Let's see if he keeps lighting it up..

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
I feel like I have to give some credit to the guy as I was very critical of him early on to his stint with TPS. He has improved a LOT. He always had the offense but he was a serious liability in their own zone. He's still not physical (probably never will be) but his positioning and effort have improved drastically. Not sure how he'll eventually adjust to NHL, but he doesn't look like a total bust to my eye anymore.

Good to hear from people who actually watch him play. This is why I check in here, not so I can read users squabbling about how you're allowed to be a fan.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

--

Juolevi's been reliable enough defensively. The same issues as before but he's been able to utilize his strengths. We certainly aren't losing games because of him (and we shouldn't, no offense to SaiPa but their offense is not very good).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Dont post this on the canucks board, some people will eat you alive

Reactions: lawrence

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If the Canucks actually land Dahlin, or draft another top defenseman, the pressure will be on for Juolevi to perform. He hasn't had anyone in his age group to push him down the Canucks' U20 depth chart on defense. Even guys like Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes, etc are strong enough to instantly become more favourable prospects than Olli. Obviously the Canucks would prefer to draft a RD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad