LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Forsling who is now in the AHL? That would have been great!
How is he doing compared to Clendenning?

Maybe he could teach Edler to pass to a player with a great shot.
No arguments there. Edler has lost his shot as well so it's pretty crucial for Juolevi to develop into a PPQB for us. It seems like we have 2 booming shots on the left and right side so I guess we don't need Juolevi to have a booming one timer as well, even though it would be really good if he develops one. Having 3 potential killer one timers on the PP will make it hard to defend against.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Scratched in back to back games. Playing like the bust he is. Cute how people got excited over him having a decent world juniors.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
How is he doing compared to Clendenning?

No arguments there. Edler has lost his shot as well so it's pretty crucial for Juolevi to develop into a PPQB for us. It seems like we have 2 booming shots on the left and right side so I guess we don't need Juolevi to have a booming one timer as well, even though it would be really good if he develops one. Having 3 potential killer one timers on the PP will make it hard to defend against.

I'm not convince Edler ever had a shot. Even during his prime he was behind both Ehrhoff and Salo in terms of point presence. The biggest thing I miss from Edler was his physical presence. That back injury really changed him.

Scratched in back to back games. Playing like the bust he is. Cute how people got excited over him having a decent world juniors.

I'll never understand Canuck fans pessimism. Juolevi is 19. Step down from the ledge.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm not convince Edler ever had a shot. Even during his prime he was behind both Ehrhoff and Salo in terms of point presence. The biggest thing I miss from Edler was his physical presence. That back injury really changed him.

I'll never understand Canuck fans pessimism. Juolevi is 19. Step down from the ledge.
Edler had a great shot and physical presence before his back injury. Ever since then, it has been getting worse.
Of course it's not as good if you compare it with Erhoff and Salo.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Edler had a great shot and physical presence before his back injury. Ever since then, it has been getting worse.
Of course it's not as good if you compare it with Erhoff and Salo.

Yeah, I suppose I'm being a bit unfair. I still don't agree that his shot was great. It was good though.

Part of the reason why Ehrhoff's shot was so impressive was his ability to get it on net. Edler on the other hand, that's probably his shot's biggest weakness.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006

I don't care how old he is. I care how he is developing. Back to back years of disappointing development for a 5th overall pick isn't cutting it

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, I suppose I'm being a bit unfair. I still don't agree that his shot was great. It was good though.

Part of the reason why Ehrhoff's shot was so impressive was his ability to get it on net. Edler on the other hand, that's probably his shot's biggest weakness.
You have to remember one of Erhoff's biggest criticism when he played for the Sharks was him missing the net all the time.

When Erhoff was on our team, having that deadly one timer was a reason why our PP was so good. We had Erhoff, Salo and Kesler who could one time it at any moment and that's why I hope Juolevi will develop some kind of one timer. Having 3 guys that can one shot it would open up so much space.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
You have to remember one of Erhoff's biggest criticism when he played for the Sharks was him missing the net all the time.

When Erhoff was on our team, having that deadly one timer was a reason why our PP was so good. We had Erhoff, Salo and Kesler who could one time it at any moment and that's why I hope Juolevi will develop some kind of one timer. Having 3 guys that can one shot it would open up so much space.

Agreed. If Juolevi can develop his one timer, we suddenly have three excellent options for shots on PP1 (Pettersson, Boeser, Juolevi).

I don't care how old he is. I care how he is developing. Back to back years of disappointing development for a 5th overall pick isn't cutting it

A 19 year old putting up 0.65PPG in Liiga as a defenseman is disappointing? Not to mention he's coming off a great showing at WJC. Two scratches doesn't change that.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
He hasn't had back-to-back disappointing years, got that wrong as well.

Seems like you have incredibly low standards for what a top 5 draft pick's development should look like. I'm betting you were making all sorts of excuses for virtanen too when he was developing terribly.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

he has the flu.......

he's a bust. He will not make the NHL.

good enough for ya? too slow too dumb, to play at the NHL

Benning pissed away another 5th pick.

happy?

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
he has the flu.......

he's a bust. He will not make the NHL.

good enough for ya? too slow too dumb, to play at the NHL

Benning pissed away another 5th pick.

happy?

Didn't Pettersson play the WJC with the flu? Why can't Juolevi play normal games with the flu?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Didn't Pettersson play the WJC with the flu? Why can't Juolevi play normal games with the flu?

some players play with it and some don't. for example some players may sit out with a flu, that said if they were on the national team for a short tournament living their dream unlikely a flu will stop them, but Pettersson is a star, he can play at a high level with the Flu, Juolevi who is a bust as said by the xperts here, not so much.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
There is a difference of having runny nose like Pettersson had in WJC and actually having flu with fever. No player is going to play with fever since it's a health risk.

And no, I don't know whether Juolevi actually has fever but I would imagine that being the case since he isn't playing. I don't see no other reason why his team which is currently slumping hard wouldn't dress one of their best players.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
There is a difference of having runny nose like Pettersson had in WJC and actually having flu with fever. No player is going to play with fever since it's a health risk.

And no, I don't know whether Juolevi actually has fever but I would imagine that being the case since he isn't playing. I don't see no other reason why his team which is currently slumping hard wouldn't dress one of their best players.

do you follow that league? any info will be great, cause now I'm confused. I first heard he had the flu, now he's a healthy scratch, i'm confused. OH well he's done. His career is done. DONE.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

It's a little strange perhaps, but he is only 4th or 5th best D in the team and he was benched after a disastrous 7-1 loss. For the last two games before the disaster game, he was in the line-up as the 7th D. Coaches clearly not happy with him at the moment.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
He doesn't have the flu. Add that on to the list of yet another excuse given for juolevis terrible post draft development.

Reactions: Breakers

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
He doesn't have the flu. Add that on to the list of yet another excuse given for juolevis terrible post draft development.

Yep, does not look too good for him. Just so lost in the defensive end lately. Dunno if he is injured or just that inconsistent.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Still cant believe how terrible a pick this was. Would EASY drop out of the 1st in a 2016 redraft

And to think he went 5th only a year and a half ago :(

Reactions: dim jim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad