LD Noah Hanifin - Boston College, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I don't disagree with you. I think NHL teams are more content to let players spend a year or two in the NCAA after being drafted because the competition level is higher and it's often a good transition for kids off the ice. A lot of NHL teams keep players up in the NHL, even if they aren't good because they have outgrown the CHL but the transfer agreement provides no flexibility.

Hopefully Hanifin will either get drafted, or simply avoid the CHL although to keep his options open.

Isn't Hanifin the real deal though?

I believe that no matter where he plays next season, he'll be in the NHL at 18.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Assuming you have mcdavid, eichel and Hanifin as the 3, Matthew Barzal is looking like a stud too. It'll keep getting deeper and deeper

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Dang, USA is going to be very good in about 8 years from now, I would think.

Eichel is their top centre, and if they keep producing top end winger skill, they should have a legit chance at medaling

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Hanifin, Trouba and Seth Jones on the back end. Looking extremely solid for team USA going forward.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Only one as far as I'm aware. And multiple sources have denied that Hanifin will be at BC this year. Only time will tell.

He will be at BC it is basically a done deal. Anyone who doesn't see that has blinders on. I am looking forward to seeing him play next season with Matheson, Santini and McCoshen.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
He will be at BC it is basically a done deal. Anyone who doesn't see that has blinders on. I am looking forward to seeing him play next season with Matheson, Santini and McCoshen.

We have blinders on? Not a lot of us know if he's accelerating his school or not

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
More drama over where Hanifin's gonna play next year.

Supposedly he's academically cleared (to accelerate and go to BC) for sure.

Power Play With CJ @powerplaywithCJ · 2h
Noah Hanifin will not be at Boston College next season. USNTDP is holding him to the two year agreement and won't let him out early

Power Play With CJ @powerplaywithCJ · 2h
A deal is a deal but still sucks for Hanifin. Wish there was a loophole for him to play next year, even as a 17 year old he'd be fine in HE

And then the BC Hockey account comes in:

BC Hockey Blog @bchockeyblog1 · 1h
Just talked w sources....that's not true. Staff still expect him this fall. That guy almost owed me a large sum of cash in car damages.

Both accounts have a couple relevant follow-up tweets in their replies. Gonna be a weird summer.

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
BCHockeyBlog posted on twitter: "Hanifin has confirmed he is coming next year"

Meaning Hanifin is coming to BC in the fall of 2014.

Good choice on Hanifin's part. Will be interesting to see how he does against much older guys in college. I can't recall any recent 17 year old defensemen in NCAA though there may have been a few

BigGreenAlum

May 4, 2007

Good choice on Hanifin's part. Will be interesting to see how he does against much older guys in college. I can't recall any recent 17 year old defensemen in NCAA though there may have been a few

Dillon Simpson, '93 D for North Dakota played at 17 and just graduated this year after a 4 year career. Edmonton pick. His dad Craig is a '67 who played 2 years at Michigan State '83-'85 and turned pro after the '85 NHL draft when he was picked second. Craig played as 16 year old and didn't turn 17 until near the end of his freshman season. Have never heard of a younger NCAA DI hockey player.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Why don't they make it official? If it was, Boston College would publicize it, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad