LD Noah Hanifin - Boston College, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Chris Peters who I trust more than the BC blog just tweeted he is not accelerating

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
This is the second time in a matter of weeks that bchockeyblog has said that Hanifin's accelerating and also the second time that claim has been quickly shot down. Weiss refuted it previously, while Peters quashed it this time around:

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 12m
Per trusted source, Boston College commit and 2015 NHL Draft prospect Noah Hanifin is not accelerating to attend BC next fall.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Just want to know what is so special about this kid? I understand that there is plenty of hype on him, but I don't get why. Fill me in?

To me, the kid just looks like a pro hockey player already. He's a gifted, huge defenseman with a pro body. Skates well, smart decisions on the puck, can fire it, doesn't seem to sweat under pressure and has been thriving at a high level for a while now. Offensive upside and is effective in his own end, gets up the ice well with a nice stride and always seems at ease.. doesn't ever look like he has to work to make a play, very efficient all over the sheet. I like him and think he'll go to the show... but I don't think he is the "generational talent" that some are making him out to be. I like Jack Eichel a lot better in that regard, though I saw Eichel when he was younger and hadn't committed. Haven't had the advantage of seeing Hanifin play before he committed to BC or how far he's come.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
To me, the kid just looks like a pro hockey player already. He's a gifted, huge defenseman with a pro body. Skates well, smart decisions on the puck, can fire it, doesn't seem to sweat under pressure and has been thriving at a high level for a while now. Offensive upside and is effective in his own end, gets up the ice well with a nice stride and always seems at ease.. doesn't ever look like he has to work to make a play, very efficient all over the sheet. I like him and think he'll go to the show... but I don't think he is the "generational talent" that some are making him out to be. I like Jack Eichel a lot better in that regard, though I saw Eichel when he was younger and hadn't committed. Haven't had the advantage of seeing Hanifin play before he committed to BC or how far he's come.
well he is not a generational talent but to me he is a franchise defender in the making...i would put him in the Seth Jones stratosphere in talent, he is smarter than Jones is, stronger body than Jones.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

So his comparable is Suter?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
well he is not a generational talent but to me he is a franchise defender in the making...i would put him in the Seth Jones stratosphere in talent, he is smarter than Jones is, stronger body than Jones.

I'm really high on Jones... I think I'd put Jones long-term potential a step ahead, but I agree with you that they're in the same stratosphere. Franchise defenders both, the difference to me is somewhat negligible.

So his comparable is Suter?

That's an interesting comparable, I don't do comparables really, but it kind of fits. Likely could have even more of an offensive presence in the NHL than Suter. I didn't mean to underplay his skill on the puck, he can take it end to end - with ease to the point that I wonder why he doesn't lean on it more often - and has a frame that is already more imposing than Suter's. At the U17 level a player of his caliber really seems out of place so it's hard to gauge.

Bridgeman

Mar 1, 2013
Tampa FL
Looks like he had another strong outing at the 5 Nations in Sweden . Named best defenseman , he should just head to Quebec next year!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Looks like he had another strong outing at the 5 Nations in Sweden . Named best defenseman , he should just head to Quebec next year!

I wish he would just so I could watch more of him! Excited to follow this kids development!

Skylimit

Oct 5, 2009
i hope Hanifin will head to Quebec Remparts next years!

ima think it's the best move for him before NHL.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
This kid isn't going to the QMJHL. He is either going to go to BC or sign with an NHL team immediately like Girgensons.

It makes no sense for him to go to juniors at this point. Because it limits his options. It's either NHL or Juniors after he is draft. No in between.

arsmaster*

This kid isn't going to the QMJHL. He is either going to go to BC or sign with an NHL team immediately like Girgensons.

It makes no sense for him to go to juniors at this point. Because it limits his options. It's either NHL or Juniors after he is draft. No in between.

That wasnt the point.

He hasn't fast tracked his schooling so next season (his draft season) he'll be playing in the USHL or a lesser league than the CHL.

Be interesting to see where he ends up.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
That wasnt the point.

He hasn't fast tracked his schooling so next season (his draft season) he'll be playing in the USHL or a lesser league than the CHL.

Be interesting to see where he ends up.

Yeah, and if he sticks in the USHL he can still leave for the pros whenever he wants, not follow some stupid CHL rule where guys can't decide where they will be able to develop best.

You'd be surprised how many American young hockey care about that. Once they choose the CHL lots of doors and personal choices are taken away from them.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
any truth to this one or just another false report?

Ya he hasn't played for the U18's yet. Nothing has come out from Hanifin or the NTDP regarding either claim on their site. Again, won't believe anything until it's from a reputable source. Auston Matthews is the only U17 guy to have jumped up at the moment.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
He hasn't played with the U18s yet.

Ya he hasn't played for the U18's yet. Nothing has come out from Hanifin or the NTDP regarding either claim on their site. Again, won't believe anything until it's from a reputable source. Auston Matthews is the only U17 guy to have jumped up at the moment.

thanks for the input. I know this isn't his thread but is Matthews going to be on u18 permanently from this point on. I also believe he is uncommitted at the moment. Does the CHL look like an option for him at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille