LD Noah Hanifin - Boston College, NCAA (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
care to share why you think this or you just trolling

Lol that's not trolling.

Werenski definitely has a chance to be better. He is on par with Hanifin at this point. Both do different things well. I definitely think Werenski's ceiling is higher.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hanifin was on a pretty low scoring team in the NCAA, hides some of his true offensive potential.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Lol that's not trolling.

Werenski definitely has a chance to be better. He is on par with Hanifin at this point. Both do different things well. I definitely think Werenski's ceiling is higher.

I don't see it personally. There is a very clear seperation between the two. Rankings are correct imo.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I say Arizona takes him

Strome is more of the type of player they need but Hanifin is better.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I almost feel bad for Hanifin cause he is in this 2015 draft with all these real skilled forwards. I know the sexier picks for Yotes, Leafs, Canes, etc are Marner, Strome, Barzal, etc. But lets face it, Hanifin is a stud and Yotes need to draft this kid. They already have Domi, Samuelsson, Duclair, Dvorak and more... Their d core is real weak. I realize its tempting to draft a forward, but they need Hanifin

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I almost feel bad for Hanifin cause he is in this 2015 draft with all these real skilled forwards. I know the sexier picks for Yotes, Leafs, Canes, etc are Marner, Strome, Barzal, etc. But lets face it, Hanifin is a stud and Yotes need to draft this kid. They already have Domi, Samuelsson, Duclair, Dvorak and more... Their d core is real weak. I realize its tempting to draft a forward, but they need Hanifin

Hanifin is who I want as a Leafs fan.

Followed by Marner,and the Strome.

A stud defenseman can make all the difference in the world.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I'm not sure how I would feel about taking Hanifin over Marner.

It looks like Arizona may be picking Dylan Strome at 3.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm not sure how I would feel about taking Hanifin over Marner.

It looks like Arizona may be picking Dylan Strome at 3.

I'd feel fine about it, especially since you guys already have Nylander as a somewhat similar kind of player to Marner. Rielly and Hanifin would give you two fantastic-skating building blocks back there. Assuming the Leafs get a high pick next year, there are several high-end forwards. Either way, I'd be pretty happy as a Leafs fan with my options should Arizona pick Strome.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Werenski will have a better career.

We can't be so sure of that but I will say he definitely needs to be part of the conversation more often. All people talk about after McEichel is Marner/Strome/Hanifin but Werenski deserves to be in there as well imo.

The way I see it is that Werenski is a much more raw product than Hanifin and simply has more high-end potential if he puts it together. He's also one of the youngest draftees at the top of this draft class, younger by 6 months than Hanifin. Hanifin > Werenski today but that may change in the future.

Thats my concern about drafting Hanifin as a Leafs fan. If they're going that route then I wouldn't mind sliding back a few picks and selecting one of Hanifin/Provorov/Werenski and just keeping my fingers crossed as defenceman are more difficult to project transitioning to the NHL level. If they're picking a forward stay and pick the hometown guy with pedigree, if they're taking a defenceman then slide back.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Hanifin's shot is awful and he has no creativity in his game.

After watching videos/highlights, and reading what scouts say about him owning a bomb of a slapshot, i was convinced that it wasnt awful. But yeah, thats just me.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I know it's a tough call because we don't know which team will pick him, but in your opinion, what is his chances of playing in the NHL next year? (in %)

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I know if it's a tough call because we don't know which team will pick him, but in your opinion, what is his chances of playing in the NHL next year? (in %)

Very low. Simply because defenseman take longer to develop. He is still a project in some areas of his game and although he's now 200lbs plus, some more physical maturity will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad