LD Jake Sanderson - USNTDP, USHL (2020, 5th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I have no idea how ND lost that Game after Duluth's 1st OT goal was called back.

Sanderson tried in the 5th OT to end and it hit his 2nd post after the two highest quality scoring chances since the 2nd OT.

I actually think Duluth losing their starting goaltender to cramps helped them cause the backup was fresher.
ND's goalie was tired AF and got beat on a pretty basic scoring chance.

The two notable clowns in this thread I knew awhile ago that dont watch college hockey can kick rocks.
Its difficult to be literally the only player on either team skating like it was the 1st period in the 3rd,4th, and 5th OT.

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
In a way, I wish he wasn't improving so quickly.

His play is giving a lot of folks some unrealistic expectations for the kid when he enters the NHL. He's going to be a good one for sure...but he's still going to need some time in the NHL before he shows us what he can do.

So silly. You don't want him to get really good really quickly because of expectations? And saying he needs some time in the NHL to show what a player can do in the NHL? Well, duh! That's true for every player.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So silly. You don't want him to get really good really quickly because of expectations? And saying he needs some time in the NHL to show what a player can do in the NHL? Well, duh! That's true for every player.

I'd rather he was able to fly under the radar a little longer.

A lot of casual fans are going to end up expecting this kid to be amazing right out of the gate...and we all know that isn't going to happen.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Makar and Q hughes were able to jump right in at NHL level. Seems like Sanderson might be able to do same, if he wants to get on with it

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Is he planning to stay another year at NoDak, or is he expected to go the one-and-done Eichel route? Anyone know?

North Dakota operates under a 2 year development program

TJ Oshie Mentored Nick Schmaltz who convinced him to stay.
and Schmaltz and Oshie's convinced Boeser to stay.
and I mean Boeser Slaughtered in the NCAA as a freshman winning everything including a national title, he developed other parts of his game.

Travis Zajac
Jonathan Toews
Drew Stafford

all 2 year plus developments from 1st round picks.
Tyson Jost didnt stay which shocked brad berry, and probably Boeser who would have gave him the same advice. We all know how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad