LD Jake Sanderson - USNTDP, USHL (2020, 5th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Facepalm....Sanderson,s defense isnt just good at his level...Its elite...Guhle,s isnt close here,and two goals against weak opposition doesnt change this

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
The professional scouts, i.e. not stat watchers nor combine results guys are PROJECTING. Scouting is about projecting who you believe the player will grow into, not what they are today or in the past. Using a few games or tournaments as your sample to draw a definitive conclusion as to who will be better is asinine and incomplete.
Those who are much smarter than you or I, believe Sanderson will become a better pro and I for one realize I am not any smarter to think I know better.
Obviously they are not always right, more often than not they are wrong. To answer your question, Sanderson projects as a better and more complete pro hockey player by people who are paid to make such projections, simple as that.

The same scouts who decided to ignore the fact that larger, more physical defensemen, Mikhail Sergachev and J. Chychrun, scored more points on lower scoring OHL teams than the smaller but smoother looking Olli Juolevi back in 2016. Those ones? Or the ones who ignored the fact that Alex DeBrincat had about double the offensive production of Michael McLeod in the OHL and rated McLeod a round higher because..... well... he looks better skating around out there.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
The peerless scouting staff that left Sens picking 3rd overall in 2020, and sitting in the same slot this year.
Dude - not sure if you've realized that along the way here you've become the perfect cliche of a desperate troll. There is lots to laugh at with both Montreal and Ottawa franchises at this juncture - both fans live in glass houses. You really don't want to go lobbing those rocks around - least of which on a Jake Sanderson thread (perhaps on a Logan Brown thread!). Feel free to defend your prospects on their own thread though, be it Guhle, Caufield, Poehling, Kokiniemi or whomever.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
How has he looked in tonight’s game?

he was good.
But AI is just pumped to be in The tournament.
I mean it’s Atlantic hockey vs NCHC. I’m surprised the score wasn’t worse.
It was more sitting on the lead in the final two periods so just basic gain the red line and dump it in. Not too many rushes after the 1st period.
Just clean breakouts and nice transition.

Next game you want to watch.

Reactions: Nabrules

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
The peerless scouting staff that left Sens picking 3rd overall in 2020, and sitting in the same slot this year.
You guys had to get Buffalo to retain 50% of Staal's salary because you couldn't fit him under the cap. Ottawa would get teams to retain because we can't afford their Gatorade.

These are the two teams you're comparing? You're a damn genius.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Umm look at your prospects that have made and impact over the last 5 years and compare....Timmins hasnt done nearly enough with the picks he has,Ottawa has lots of issues but identifying prospect talent by comparison to Montreal isnt one of them...So I will trust Ottawa,s staff far more than Montreal,s

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The player Ottawa picked 3rd in the 2020 draft is already better than the player Montreal picked 3rd in the 2018 draft lol
The Sens did really well getting Stutzle and Sanderson. Those are two cornerstone pieces for sure. They are going to get another top five pick this draft. In three years they will be very good.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He is going to surprise a lot of people when he becomes an NHL player. Been spoiled watching Karlsson and Chabot grow as prospects into very good NHL defensemen and we are a number of years out from knowing how good Sanderson can be but as an 18 year old in terms of offensive ability, he is absolutely right there with those two but also much more refined defensively.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
In a way, I wish he wasn't improving so quickly.

His play is giving a lot of folks some unrealistic expectations for the kid when he enters the NHL. He's going to be a good one for sure...but he's still going to need some time in the NHL before he shows us what he can do.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

His play is giving a lot of folks some unrealistic expectations for the kid when he enters the NHL. He's going to be a good one for sure...but he's still going to need some time in the NHL before he shows us what he can do.

I think most expect there will be a learning curve whenever he does make the job.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Both Ottawa picks are trying to end this damn game

Pinto deked two guys then they jumped on his back and he took on a 3rd Duluth player and attempted to skate through him and got absolutely leveled.

Sanderson's shifts are like 18 seconds max
that's how he has had these periodic end to end rushes.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

You could tell Thomas Chabot was going to be a star in his dominant second year post-draft. You can see the same with Sanderson here, with better defensive play

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
This kid is insanely good. 4th OT and he's skating effortlessly, making crisp passes, good decisions with the puck and creating chances. Is Ethan watching or was it his bed time?

Reactions: troyerlaw

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
This kid is insanely good. 4th OT and he's skating effortlessly, making crisp passes, good decisions with the puck and creating chances. Is Ethan watching or was it his bed time?
Probably busy watching re-runs of his boy Guhle to come up with some more reasons he's better than Sanderson

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You could tell Thomas Chabot was going to be a star in his dominant second year post-draft. You can see the same with Sanderson here, with better defensive play

Yes, but it definitely won't happen right away.

We have to be patient and allow for a learning curve (and a good partner).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad