LD Aron Kiviharju - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2024 Draft) Part2

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He has a contract in Finland until 2025, not going anywhere before then. If he's not drafted in the first round he can't even be given an NHL contract and then sent down.
NHL contract terminates SM liiga contract.
When Kiviharju has signed his ELC NHL team decides where Kiviharju plays

San Jose Sharks took Kasper Halttunen out of HIFK
and put him to London Knights and now it looks being right move.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
NHL contract terminates SM liiga contract.
When Kiviharju has signed his ELC NHL team decides where Kiviharju plays

San Jose Sharks took Kasper Halttunen out of HIFK
and put him to London Knights and now it looks being right move.
That's not correct, players under 24 that weren't drafted in the first round have to be returned back to their European teams if that team so wishes. Obviously it does not mean that they must receive these players, Halttunen simply wasn't good enough for HIFK.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
That's not correct, players under 24 that weren't drafted in the first round have to be returned back to their European teams if that team so wishes. Obviously it does not mean that they must receive these players, Halttunen simply wasn't good enough for HIFK.
What about Tomas Hamara?

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Aron if you respect your own future and development
plaese leave from HIFK and go Kitchener Rangers there you get better development and coaching.
Staying to HIFK and SM liiga kills your development and NHL chances so please leave to OHL.
It's better for you.
Deleted

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Svedu

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think this’ll go over well in this thread with the outrage, but he was coming off an ACL tear or something like that. It’s probably best to let him play a couple months of hockey before having too strong of an opinion on how he’s progressing in the last year. Most players who miss a lot of time with such a serious injury need a little time to regain their form.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I don’t think this’ll go over well in this thread with the outrage, but he was coming off an ACL tear or something like that. It’s probably best to let him play a couple months of hockey before having too strong of an opinion on how he’s progressing in the last year. Most players who miss a lot of time with such a serious injury need a little time to regain their form.
Thank you. It is nice to see one positive comment in this thread. I get he probably isn't gonna go as high as he had potential for but he has gotten way too much hate. Next year will tell which direction his development will go when he has an NHL team in the background.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
This is true but he was stagnating well before the injury. I never thought his game would translate to a higher level but I thought the same about Cole Hutson so I will concede that maybe the kid can still turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad