LD Aron Kiviharju - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2024 Draft) Part2

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
One of the more overhyped pre-draft prospects in recent memory, for sure.

Up there with Aatu Raty, Nick Ebert and Kirill Kabanov.

Here‘s hoping he comes back from injury and finds his game again. But small defenders that can’t skate and haven’t shown progression in a few years scare teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Small, slow, stagnating and injury concerns. He'll probably fall to 2nd round.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
One of the more overhyped pre-draft prospects in recent memory, for sure.

Up there with Aatu Raty, Nick Ebert and Kirill Kabanov.

Here‘s hoping he comes back from injury and finds his game again. But small defenders that can’t skate and haven’t shown progression in a few years scare teams.
Lmao! Ebert was really close to Kiviharjus numbers at the same age and early stage of their careers.

Side note: Wheeler and Maurice ruined the Jets by making Laine feel uncomfortable. The biggest talent they had. Wheeler wished he had Laines shot and skill. Imagine being so much older and such a jealous and bad teammate? Disgrace.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Lmao! Ebert was really close to Kiviharjus numbers at the same age and early stage of their careers.

Side note: Wheeler and Maurice ruined the Jets by making Laine feel uncomfortable. The biggest talent they had. Wheeler wished he had Laines shot and skill. Imagine being so much older and such a jealous and bad teammate? Disgrace.
Ebert went into his draft year as a potential top-5 selection. He ended up going last overall in that draft, so yeah he was overhyped

• Haha

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Ebert went into his draft year as a potential top-5 selection. He ended up going last overall in that draft, so yeah he was overhyped
And he never achieved same stats as a junior nor was he close to Kiviharju. So much for your comparison lol!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
And he never achieved same stats as a junior nor was he close to Kiviharju. So much for your comparison lol!
Props to you if you’re able to flawlessly compare junior stats across leagues and eras.

even then you‘re still wrong!!! Ebert had achieved and eclipsed Kiviharju‘s stats as a 16 year old, lol,
Ebert as a 16 year old had more points than Kiviharju as a 16 year old. Ebert had an impressive 41 with the Windsor Spitfires meanwhile Kiviharju had a measly 23.

• Haha

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Props to you if you’re able to flawlessly compare junior stats across leagues and eras.

even then you‘re still wrong!!! Ebert had achieved and eclipsed Kiviharju‘s stats as a 16 year old, lol,
Ebert as a 16 year old had more points than Kiviharju as a 16 year old. Ebert had an impressive 41 with the Windsor Spitfires meanwhile Kiviharju had a measly 23.
Kiviharju is playing in a pro league buddy.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Kiviharju is playing in a pro league buddy.
Alright, fair enough.
that drops Kiviharju’s totals to only 20 points compared to Ebert’s 41

You literally said ”he never had the same stats as a junior“ even though the complete opposite statement is true. Kiviharju never had the same stats at Ebert as a junior.

I think Kiviharju is the better of the two, but the pre-draft hype and falloff of the players is going to be similar, but Kivi isn’t going to fall as far.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Huh, I don't recall any serious source rating Ebert highly. He was athletic and could skate and shoot, but his overall game was never at all impressive nor did he show any such improvement that would have suggested much upside.

Reactions: Astyanax and Svedu

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Huh, I don't recall any serious source rating Ebert highly. He was athletic and could skate and shoot, but his overall game was never at all impressive nor did he show any such improvement that would have suggested much upside.
Here was Bob McKenzie’s pre-season top-10:

. Nail Yakupov (Sarnia, OHL)
2. Matt Dumba (Red Deer, WHL)
3. Filip Forsberg (Leksands, SEL)
4. Ryan Murray (Everetts, WHL)
5. Alex Galchenyuk (Sarnia, OHL)
6. Mikhail Grigorenko (Quebec, QMJHL)
7. Morgan Rielly (Moose Jaw, WHL)
8. Nick Ebert (Windsor, OHL)
9. Derek Pouliot (Portland, WHL)
T10. Matia Marcantuoni (Kitchener, OHL)
T10. Jacob Trouba (US NTDP)

then here was a consolidated top-5 during the preseason with some of the most reputable outlets at the time:

8F866517-2BC8-4B8E-8FF2-B0DC2B6444AA.jpeg

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There was no such consensus about Ebert at all, if anyone mentioned him it was an outlier. For example the NHL Central Scouting didn't have him on their OHL preliminary list at all, then 70th among North American skaters mid-term and 96th in the final version.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I do remember Ebert having hype 2 years from the draft but not on draft season anymore. It's not the same as Kiviharju. Anyway that poster has been shitting on Aron for a few weeks now. Kind of sad to spend so much energy on a prospect you don't rate and most people agree he's not a likely high first round pick anymore

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
There was no such consensus about Ebert at all, if anyone mentioned him it was an outlier. For example the NHL Central Scouting didn't have him on their OHL preliminary list at all, then 70th among North American skaters mid-term and 96th in the final version.
if you decide to refuse the past, sure that’s on you, and you are right, there wasn’t Too much consensus for Ebery at the tim, this right here states Ebert was a decisive player at the time. Most every preliminary list out there has been lost as links are now dead. But in this article written by SB Nation dated September 25th 2011 - it states this: “
  • Nail Yakupov is the clear-cut #1 right now. In the 9 lists, he's ranked first overall six times. He's ranked no lower than second by anyone.
  • Mikhail Grigorenko is ranked #1 in the other three lists, but he's also ranked as low as 11th, 9th and 6th, so he falls behind Ryan Murray in the overall vote as Murray is ranked no lower than 6th by anyone.
  • Only two players get a #1, but six different players are ranked 2nd overall: Nail Yakupov, Ryan Murray, Mikhail Grigorenko, Nick Ebert, Filip Forsberg, Matthew Dumba.
  • Nick Ebert is the most divisive player on the list. Everyone's got him ranked in the top 25, but he ranges from 2nd overall to 23rd.
  • The Edmonton Oil Kings Griffin Reinhart got no love from Bob McKenzie (14th), but is as high as #4 on two different lists.
  • Mathew Dumba is 2nd on McKenzie's list, 3rd on Button's list and no higher than 7th on anyone else's list.”

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I do remember Ebert having hype 2 years from the draft but not on draft season anymore. It's not the same as Kiviharju. Anyway that poster has been shitting on Aron for a few weeks now. Kind of sad to spend so much energy on a prospect you don't rate and most people agree he's not a likely high first round pick anymore
It’s funny man, you say I’m shitting on him yet I’m just being realistic with the expectations I have for this player and am calling out how he has been perceived up until this point in time. And up until this point I have been RIGHT!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
if you decide to refuse the past, sure that’s on you, and you are right, there wasn’t Too much consensus for Ebery at the tim, this right here states Ebert was a decisive player at the time. Most every preliminary list out there has been lost as links are now dead. But in this article written by SB Nation dated September 25th 2011 - it states this: “
  • Nail Yakupov is the clear-cut #1 right now. In the 9 lists, he's ranked first overall six times. He's ranked no lower than second by anyone.
  • Mikhail Grigorenko is ranked #1 in the other three lists, but he's also ranked as low as 11th, 9th and 6th, so he falls behind Ryan Murray in the overall vote as Murray is ranked no lower than 6th by anyone.
  • Only two players get a #1, but six different players are ranked 2nd overall: Nail Yakupov, Ryan Murray, Mikhail Grigorenko, Nick Ebert, Filip Forsberg, Matthew Dumba.
  • Nick Ebert is the most divisive player on the list. Everyone's got him ranked in the top 25, but he ranges from 2nd overall to 23rd.
  • The Edmonton Oil Kings Griffin Reinhart got no love from Bob McKenzie (14th), but is as high as #4 on two different lists.
  • Mathew Dumba is 2nd on McKenzie's list, 3rd on Button's list and no higher than 7th on anyone else's list.”
Again, the NHL Central Scouting didn't have him in top 25 even among OHL skaters (didn't make the list at all), never mind the overall ranking. If some stat watching hack thought otherwise that's their shame.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Again, the NHL Central Scouting didn't have him in top 25 even among OHL skaters (didn't make the list at all), never mind the overall ranking. If some stat watching hack thought otherwise that's their shame.
So Bob McKenzie, all the NHL scouts he polled and Craig Button are Stat watching hacks?

Ebert fell, just like Kiviharju will this year.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Alright, fair enough.
that drops Kiviharju’s totals to only 20 points compared to Ebert’s 41

You literally said ”he never had the same stats as a junior“ even though the complete opposite statement is true. Kiviharju never had the same stats at Ebert as a junior.

I think Kiviharju is the better of the two, but the pre-draft hype and falloff of the players is going to be similar, but Kivi isn’t going to fall as far.
Nice one, now your comparing OHL to Liiga... Kiviharju is playing in Liiga. Just take a look at Halttunen. Zero points in Liiga or something and more than PPG in OHL.
Ebert played in the OHL at the same age and wasn't close to being PPG at that level lmao! Are you really being serious or trolling.

Season 12/13, 38 points in 68 games and -39 in +/-. Brother, that's no where close to Kiviharju.
Just please, stop making a fool out of yourself.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Nice one, now your comparing OHL to Liiga... Kiviharju is playing in Liiga. Just take a look at Halttunen. Zero points in Liiga or something and more than PPG in OHL.
Ebert played in the OHL at the same age and wasn't close to being PPG at that level lmao! Are you really being serious or trolling.

Season 12/13, 38 points in 68 games and -39 in +/-. Brother, that's no where close to Kiviharju.
Just please, stop making a fool out of yourself.
I never once said Ebert was better. In fact, I said Kiviharju was the better of the two. I was replying to you after you were saying he never had the same stats as a junior, and i believe I proved that he in fact, did have better stats as a junior.

Kiviharju is the better player, no doubt. I only compared the two players since they were both overhyped before their draft years. This conversation ends here. It’s not going anywhere productive.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad