Post-Game Talk: Lazy effort. Full 60 minutes required

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
4 goals on the first 23 shots, I know there was more than 23 shots but te rest don't matter because the game was lost after the 23rd shot.

4 goals on 23 is less than an 830 save% you can't win with that level of goaltending.

I have said it before and I believe it more and more after every game, even in games they win.

goaltending needs to be completely redone

Campbell, Marazek, Kallgrgen, Hutchinson all of them need to be replaced.

you might be able to keep Woll but even he seems to struggle staying healthy.

I truly feel like goaltending isn't just a weak spot on the NHL team, but it's a weak spot at all levels

it's not killing them like it should be because the offense can out score te isse the VAST majority of the time but it needs to be fixed and 1 guy won't do it

Reactions: Niagara Bill

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Always been this way since the Sabres entered the league in 1970

A real mystery
After Tim Horton died following a Leafs/Sabres game (Feb 20, 1974), the Buffalo players all wore black armbands (for the rest of the season, as I recall). The Leafs players wanted to do the same, but Ballard refused.

The Tim Horton curse. Leafs have not done very well against anyone since. After they (finally) retired his number, they have been better, against everyone but Buffalo.

Reactions: therealkoho

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Pretty surprised they lost this one sire. But it happens. We winning all the best and toughest teams though :clap: ✊ ✊ Can't win em all 82 for surely. That ain't happening cause we humans, though gangstas. And we have that gangsta too. :clap: Lets see what happens next game, also our second /dirty third based goalies can't definitely win em all for us. So I ain't worried AT ALL. We gangsta, and others is not. We also hockey's mecca, WE, US! Not them.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Any theories for why the Leafs play so poorly against bad teams?

It's making me nervous. At the start of the season they steam rolled over EVERYONE, now they're playing like they were the last few seasons they got knocked out of the first round: seemingly unstoppable during the season when it doesn't matter, but unable to step on the gas when it counts.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

It's making me nervous. At the start of the season they steam rolled over EVERYONE, now they're playing like they were the last few seasons they got knocked out of the first round: seemingly unstoppable during the season when it doesn't matter, but unable to step on the gas when it counts.
? While their performance against Buffalo this season has been irritating, they are 8-2-1 since the trade deadline.

Also just last week Boston lost to Detroit, Carolina lost Buffalo, and Tampa lost to the Habs. It happens, these bad teams like to play hard down the stretch when there's no pressure.

The only thing I'm bummed about personally is Matthews not getting any points. It was a great opportunity to hit 100 pts and maybe make some ground in the Art Ross race. Also I think any chance he had at 70 is probably gone now, he needed a goal or two last night.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Biggest surprise is how quiet the thread is after a loss.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Buffalo is like voodoo for us. I would never pay to go see a Leafs/Sabres game…..

Horribad game to watch but I’m enjoying watching Liljegren. Man do we have something here.

……. aaaaaaaand on to the next one.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Liljegren showed once again that he shouldn't be the odd man out. He needs to be playing game 1 of the playoffs imo. Surpassed Sandin this year imo, and clearly should play ahead of Holl or Lyubushkin.
4th line brought nothing valuable to the team with Abruzzese & Spezza as the wingers. Down the stretch, if Kase isn't healthy, I think Clifford-Blackwell-Simmonds should get a chance to create a bit of chemistry...they looked good their only game as a unit..was against Tampa too I believe.
We need a healthy Campbell sooner rather than later....this is getting scary down the stretch in net

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

Sounds like you have only been watching when they lose and not when Toronto wins.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Buffalo is like voodoo for us. I would never pay to go see a Leafs/Sabres game…..

Horribad game to watch but I’m enjoying watching Liljegren. Man do we have something here.

……. aaaaaaaand on to the next one.
Feel a little guilty for selling that one.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Is there a way to reply to a post that’s in a closed thread ?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
F- all around.

Bunting is in a bargain contract, but I’m getting annoyed with how easily he loses the puck in the ozone to lose possession.
I wonder if he is not getting tired, might be a candidate for a rest down the stretch. At 73 games played with top line minutes he has played more this year than he has ever played. In Jr he topped out at 57 games. In the AHL 67, one year he hit 70 split between AHL and ECHL. a couple off days down the stretch would pay dividends in the playoffs

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This is on Keefe. He decided soft when a tough lineup was what needed to happen. He refused to defend his star players. He sent the messages, this game is not important and we will not stand up to bullies as a team.
Watch how teams play us in the layoffs.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
This game is another indicator that as long as we do not play ANY playoff series as a betting favorite, we should cruise to the Cup.

The minute we become the oddsmakers’ choice, we are doomed. We cannot beat anyone we should crush.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
All this talk about how we play against bad teams, who cares, last time I checked none of them are in the playoffs. And no, it doesnt say anything. I’ll take a TB win over a freaking Sabres win all day long thanks. Don’t extrapolate to much from these games. Also, weren’t we due for a stinker?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
All this talk about how we play against bad teams, who cares, last time I checked none of them are in the playoffs. And no, it doesnt say anything. I’ll take a TB win over a freaking Sabres win all day long thanks. Don’t extrapolate to much from these games.
Be a little easier to take on the road. Home fans pay a lot of coin to attend. At a minimum they should get a decent effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad