GDT: Laughs Vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just run the three guys that should be center on the same line.

RNH played LW at the world cup.

Really stack that top line

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just run the three guys that should be center on the same line.

RNH played LW at the world cup.

Really stack that top line

When they need a goal with 5 minutes left I wouldn't hate it. McLellan waits way too long to get desperate in losing games imo. Down a goal, the goalie should be out with two minutes left, and McDavid should be getting double shifted from 5 minutes on.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
We will get crushed. That way my extended family can rub it in.

Reactions: EN4CER

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
When they need a goal with 5 minutes left I wouldn't hate it. McLellan waits way too long to get desperate in losing games imo. Down a goal, the goalie should be out with two minutes left, and McDavid should be getting double shifted from 5 minutes on.

No kidding. If 2 periods got us nothing, shouldve just stacked the first line again for the entire 3rd period, not like alst 10 mins

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
What is your expected lines for tomorrow night, and how do you McClellan will match up your lines with ours?

The lines we ran at practice today are:

Lines at Leafs practice

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JvR-Kadri-Komarov
Marleau-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Moore-Nylander

extras: Soshnikov, Leivo

I am curious how the match ups go, because this is a look that we haven't seen before. I think Babcock assumes McClellan is going to try to get McDavid out there against Bozak, so he has insulated Bozak with 2 good defensive forwards.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
What is your expected lines for tomorrow night, and how do you McClellan will match up your lines with ours?

The lines we ran at practice today are:

Lines at Leafs practice

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JvR-Kadri-Komarov
Marleau-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Moore-Nylander

extras: Soshnikov, Leivo

I am curious how the match ups go, because this is a look that we haven't seen before. I think Babcock assumes McClellan is going to try to get McDavid out there against Bozak, so he has insulated Bozak with 2 good defensive forwards.

Expected lines are:

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Maroon-RNH-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Draisaitl-Strome
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Hopefully TM just lets the players play because he cant adjust in game anyway. No point McClellan thinking hes going to outsmart Babcock. Overthinking just going to lead him to worst decisions.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Expected lines are:

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Maroon-RNH-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Hopefully TM just lets the players play because he cant adjust in game anyway. No point McClellan thinking hes going to outsmart Babcock. Overthinking just going to lead him to worst decisions.

ive been wanting to see lucic back with mcdavid for a spell.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Looking at the NHL wide standings, it really feels distorted at times. I didn't realize that 19th to 29th was a difference of 3 points.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Expected lines are:

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Maroon-RNH-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Babcock for all he does well, sometimes plays the match up game too much as well. It would be nice if match ups don't dictate play too much. The other night against Washington at one point penalties and line matching had Matthews with 2 shifts for the period at the 1/2 point in the 2nd.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
When Oilers have tried to skate with Leafs and exchange chances it does not go well, Toronto shy's away from the heavy game this needs to be Oilers game plan hit them into oblivion.

Reactions: OilDrop37

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It’s about speed nowadays and the leafs go. Molasses edm is so screwed. McDavid will do his thing And have to do something to carry the team, like usual

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So if Talbot can’t go and they need to waive someone, I say waive Cammaleri. If someone claims him who really cares? Be a shame to have to sit Puljujarvi or Slepy for a paper transaction due to roster space.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Babcock doesn't adjust well at all - so I wouldn't count your coach out.

Matthews is also playing pretty pedestrian at the moment - speculation is he is still hurt. Marner is coming online but is extremely snakebitten. He's also a playmaker who only has one threat on his line (Matthews), and if speculation is true - that 1st line will be teethless.

The 2nd line could be an issue. JvR adds a threat around the net and Kadri and Komarov like to play a heavy, overload type style. Kadri's pretty slow, though, so your forwards shouldn't have much trouble keeping up (or blitzing in case of McDavid). I expect Komarov shadows McDavid.

3rd line is toothless. Marleau is basically a non-threat at this point. Doesn't really do much. Bozak is a liability in almost all facets of the game outside of faceoffs. He had his best game in a long time against Calgary so he might be coming online but I doubt it. Brown will tailor his game and bring a defensive presence. Don't expect much offence from this line. It has good speed but no real setup ability and the finishing from Marleau has been absent most of the year. Brown cannot carry a line and that is what he is going to have to do here.

4th line could be a problem with Nylander. His options of Martin and Moore don't lend much to the ability for setups, so it'll rely on him finishing and he's been in a horrible drought. Money is you won't even pay attention to this line much. The ability to score exists though. Having a player with Nylanders skillset hidden on the 4th could be boom or bust. Given his play lately - more likely bust.

Overall, I think your team takes it with a shutout.

Reactions: Uchiha

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I really , really want to win this game.

Not to stick it to Leafs fans, I honestly have no problem with Leafs fans or the Leafs as a team. Sure I like to see them lose but it's Islander and Flames fans that grind my gears to be honest . At least , for this season.

Last nights effort was inexcusable. If we play like that tomorrow it will be 8-0 Toronto. After two periods.

We seem to show up to play against the best teams this season (Chicago, Pittsburgh, Washington, New Jersey). Hopefully we continue that trend tomorrow and let's all pray for Cam.

If LB gets the nod tomorrow and shits the bed then its once again on PC for failing to fix our teams needs this offseason.

I agree with the previous poster who said we can't match Toronto playing a speed rush game we have to grind, hit, cycle and for god sakes score a power play goal.

Last edited:

Former Referee 68

Aug 18, 2016
Canada
So if Talbot can’t go and they need to waive someone, I say waive Cammaleri. If someone claims him who really cares? Be a shame to have to sit Puljujarvi or Slepy for a paper transaction due to roster space.

There is not enough time to Waive him before the game Tomorrow night so that's not an option

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It’s about speed nowadays and the leafs go. Molasses edm is so screwed. McDavid will do his thing And have to do something to carry the team, like usual

Puljujarvi, McDavid, Nurse, Draisaitl, RNH, Slepyshev, Caggiula. We will be fine. Guys Maroon and Lucic need to be limited in their icetime if this becomes a track meet. We have the speed. The coach just doesnt utilize it properly.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Leafs fans calling the City of Edmonton a pile of crap. Almost forgot why I dislike the Leafs so much.

Maybe Oiler fans needs to be loud, and outnumber Leaf fans at Rogers instead of feeling sorry for themselves everytime Toronto comes to Edmonton. Wack a** season ticket holders
sell their tickets and soul to the devil when the Leafs come calling to make a few bucks.

Should be a rule. If you are a first time season ticket holder, you cannot resell your tickets to anyone in year one.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Leafs fans calling the City of Edmonton a pile of crap. Almost forgot why I dislike the Leafs so much.
Apparently our fanbase is slow and doesn't realize others are laughing at us. :rolleyes:

Imagine being that arrogant and ignorant when your team's last SCF appearance predates the moon landing.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Babcock for all he does well, sometimes plays the match up game too much as well. It would be nice if match ups don't dictate play too much. The other night against Washington at one point penalties and line matching had Matthews with 2 shifts for the period at the 1/2 point in the 2nd.

First off, thanks for kicking Calgarys ass last night :thumbu:

Secondly ,Who did you guys have on baby Gaudreau and Monahan ? I didn't watch the game but it looks like you shut them down.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

I never heard once last year speed was a issue. We didn’t get any slower over the summer.

What we are seeing is not the level of execution as last year, due to confidence. It will come as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad