GDT: Laughs Vs Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Leafs always get up to play McDavid if last year is any indication. Babcock has Kadri and co. revved up to play against McDavid and frequently outcoaches McLellan.

Guess we'll see how this goes. If they want to make the playoffs the next 3-4 games will say a lot.

We need to score first for once, getting behind against the Leafs and the fire power they have upfront would be a big mistake.

Toronto is not Arizona, they better come ready to play or they are going to get themselves into a world of trouble.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I actually don't mind LB in. We need to make a decision on him soon. Getting a couple extra games in can really benefit the team long-term. If he's not ready then we can make that decision sooner rather than later.
LB against a team like the Leafs will be horrible for him. Its a guarenteed 3-5 goals against.

Reactions: EN4CER

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Leafs have a very fast very good team. I dont like the matchup at all which probably means the Oilers win.
I just dont know what to expect from this team any more. :dunno:

Reactions: Uchiha

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
My prediction is McDavid gets absolutely swarmed like he did last year, Leafs seemed to be able to handle him a bit.

BUT, with our new three lines RNH and Drai both have multi-point games.

I sense the Leafs get up on us early, probably 2-0 after the first. BUT, they are horrible at holding leads, so we will make a comeback, trade the lead once or twice, and win 6-4 on an empty netter.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
And if that's because Kassian is playing well and scored what's the big deal?
Because it's horrible development.

Confidence is everything in hockey. How is Puljujarvi expected to play to his potential when he is benched/scratched/demoted for making mistakes? McLellan needs to let him make mistakes once in a while and get in a rythym. If you're going to give him a shot with McDavid, give him a shot. Don't just demote him right away if he makes a mistake.

Just like everyone said last night in the GDT when Maroon had that horrible giveaway. If that was JP, he'd be benched. It's ridiculous.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
When the team has been losing and needs to win, the coach doesn't care about development at all. Nor should he.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My prediction is McDavid gets absolutely swarmed like he did last year, Leafs seemed to be able to handle him a bit.

BUT, with our new three lines RNH and Drai both have multi-point games.

I sense the Leafs get up on us early, probably 2-0 after the first. BUT, they are horrible at holding leads, so we will make a comeback, trade the lead once or twice, and win 6-4 on an empty netter.

Yep, Leafs will swarm McDavid. It worked well for them last year.

Lets see if McLellan actually has any adjustments or is just going to sit there and let it happen again.

Leafs have been playing defensively tighter of late, spotting them a 2 goal lead is not smart. They shut down Calgary pretty good last night.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If McDavid is getting swarmed then hopefully if we go with the 3 C's one of the other two are going. RNH has been pretty steady and LD not so much. Game might be up to LD to actually dominate the way he can.

No way the Leafs can continue all three lines if our guys do their jobs.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
If McDavid is getting swarmed then hopefully if we go with the 3 C's one of the other two are going. RNH has been pretty steady and LD not so much. Game might be up to LD to actually dominate the way he can.

No way the Leafs can continue all three lines if our guys do their jobs.

Kadri will be playing against McDavid, your other 2 lines will be against Matthews line and Marner's line with Nylander taking on your 4th line.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Was in Calgary for the Flames vs Leafs last night. Biggest difference I see between us and the Leafs is that they work harder and make far less mistakes. The talent gap isn’t very wide between the 2 teams.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Lucic off of the PP would be huge.

The amount of no look passes just thrown into the middle is killing our PP.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The best lineup this year IMO

Todd Mac must have heard me yelling at him from NS. Puju plays good and he is a healthy scratch. Can't figure Todd's method of madness. Puju can keep up with McJesus. He also scored a wicked one-timer in Detroit.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The lines for the Oilers shouldn't be that difficult. McDavid RNH Draisaitl on different lines, until you're down a couple goals or the last ten minutes of the game, at which point you shorten the bench and put Draisaitl on McDavid's RW. Last night they finally did that.

Reactions: SpoolCat

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I like the new line up changes. Though I would probably swap Lucic and Maroon.

PP1 confuses me still... What is woodcroft trying to do?

Lucic is supposed to be net front presence but he always stands off to the side. Not sure how you're gonna screen a goalie that way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad