GDT: Late Night Talkin | CBJ @ SJ | 10:30 PM EST

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Goalie no chance with that movement; PK has decided to shit the bed hard but has decided it doesn't need rubberized covers or an oversized butt plug to stem the horrific percentage they've had since new year

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We are playing two lines and some shifts for Sillinger. Bemstrom and KJ completely benched. Fourth line barely out there

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Don't know what to do with the puck? Shoot on the goalie when Voronkov is in front of him. :sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ice time (rounding)

Bemstrom 4 minutes
KJ 3 minutes
Sillinger 7 minutes
Kuraly 8 minutes
Danforth 7 minutes
Texier 5 minutes

Gaudreau and Jenner 15 minutes
Roslovic 14
Marchenko 12
Chinakhov and Voronkov 10

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think Sillinger has his best results with Chinakhov and Bemmer. Am I remembering correct?

KJ has been sort of a lost cause this year
With Marchenko and Voronkov. Dima played on the left wing.
---
I have a bad feeling that Kent might be traded.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The first two lines played great. Roslovic look as a good wing. Especially if he's not trying to lead the line. He can use his speed and smart hands. But he can't play good in important games (correct me if I'm wrong).

The Russian line uses their chemistry, I liked Voronkov in particular, he is a beast in the front of the net. Seems to me he has started to play more aggressive.

The fourth line played the way we expect them to.

Third line - fear and dread. Sillinger at least showed something, the other two not.

'Merzlikins :thumbu:

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Another great game from the Russian trio. I'm glad they've been reunited. We ought to be ecstatic how they've been developing.
It would be great if KJ and Sillinger could find linemates (whether together or apart) that they could grow with too

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I feel like Gaudreau should have broken some kind of record for missed breakaways this year. It's uncanny.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Maybe KJ and Silly struggled but does it seem Vincent is coaching to win games and perhaps save his job rather than get the kids more experience. AP went on a strong rant on his podcast about not liking the way the kids are not getting playing time in important situations. Then Chris Clark kind of emphasized this in his interview with BobbyMac and Jody when he talked about the Monsters playing the prospects in key situations rather than always leaning on the veterans despite being in a playoff race...that he wants to win but more importantly he wants to develop.

I mean seriously, the season is over and Boone plays like 24 minutes per game the last two games against two cellar teams. We are not in the playoff race...hand the rest of the season over to the future and let them loose.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This morning I just finished the replay and watched Johnny on three breakaways. All I could think of was a guy at the carnival plunking down a buck for three tries to win the big stuffed animal for his girlfriend but walking away empty in the end.

Reactions: We Want Ten

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Maybe KJ and Silly struggled but does it seem Vincent is coaching to win games and perhaps save his job rather than get the kids more experience. AP went on a strong rant on his podcast about not liking the way the kids are not getting playing time in important situations. Then Chris Clark kind of emphasized this in his interview with BobbyMac and Jody when he talked about the Monsters playing the prospects in key situations rather than always leaning on the veterans despite being in a playoff race...that he wants to win but more importantly he wants to develop.

I mean seriously, the season is over and Boone plays like 24 minutes per game the last two games against two cellar teams. We are not in the playoff race...hand the rest of the season over to the future and let them loose.
It so seems to me.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I have no problem with Vincent coaching to win. Maybe it instills some good habits. People that aren't getting time need to play better to get more time.

If Vincent is on his way out, he still needs to show he can coach in this league to get another job when he gets canned. If I were in his, or any coaches shoes in his situation, I would totally give it my best. If the team wants to develop guys, go ahead and fire me and find some other lackey to do it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Maybe KJ and Silly struggled but does it seem Vincent is coaching to win games and perhaps save his job rather than get the kids more experience.
I wouldn't blame him one bit for doing so.

He's a lieutenant on a completely rudderless ship. Someone posted that Jarmo is in Cleveland doing something for the team. They can't even competently fire somebody.

McConnell (according to a poster here) may not be in good health. Priest (once again according to a poster on this site) was shaking visibly during his press conference. JD is over 70 and has had a bunch of back surgeries including one recently, so he's probably so hopped up on pain pills that he probably isn't capable of making competent decisions.

While I don't think that Vincent isn't much of a coach and probably will never be an NHL HC again, I certainly can't blame him for trying to win games at all costs. There's an obvious vacuum in leadership and there may not even be a coherent organizational strategy in place regarding the goals for the remainder of this lost season. I can't even imagine having my career hanging in the balance working for an organization that obviously doesn't have all-maybe any-of its oars in the water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad