"Last Night's Attendance" Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Sure enough, 17,113 tonight at the GEC

a recent article claims the preds up until recently were averaging 12,766 in per game paid attendance, and needed to average 16,080 in paid attendance for the remainder of season to meet a 14,000 requirement in their lease.

If the Nashville Predators don't boost paid attendance by one-fourth for the rest of the NHL season, owner Craig Leipold will be able to ask for about $2 million in help from the city and lay groundwork for a possible departure.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070210/SPORTS02/702100338/1028

in the "By the numbers" section, it also states the preds' give away an average of 1800 free tickets per game. leopold has said it's 1,500. in any event, with the 17,113 seat arena, the Preds will need to significantly cut back on freebies to a thousand or less per game or else there is no possibilty of reaching an average of 16,080 paid fans per game for the rest of the regular season.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
a recent article claims the preds up until recently were averaging 12,766 in per game paid attendance, and needed to average 16,080 in paid attendance for the remainder of season to meet a 14,000 requirement in their lease.

in the "By the numbers" section, it also states the preds' give away an average of 1800 free tickets per game. leopold has said it's 1,500. in any event, with the 17,113 seat arena, the Preds will need to significantly cut back on freebies to a thousand or less per game or else there is no possibilty of reaching the 14,000 paid attendance figure.

i doubt they give away tickets to weekend games, especically at this point in the season...and when they've been sold out for some time. as mentioned, every weekend game from now until the end of the season is sold out.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i doubt they give away tickets to weekend games, especically at this point in the season...and when they've been sold out for some time. as mentioned, every weekend game from now until the end of the season is sold out.

i agree it makes little sense to give away free tickets to in demand games. others may make that argument for whatever their reasons may be, but it doesn't make sense to me.

of the remaining 13 home dates, 5 are saturday's which nashville draws well. it's good to hear they are all sold out.

of the rest, 1 is a monday, 3 are tuesdays, 1 wednesday, and 4 are thursdays - all days that have been relatively weak for the Pred's this season. i think the first couple weekday games should give a better idea if they'll be able to reach the 14,000 level.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
of the rest, 1 is a monday, 3 are tuesdays, 1 wednesday, and 4 are thursdays - all days that have been relatively weak for the Pred's this season. i think the first couple weekday games should give a better idea if they'll be able to reach the 14,000 level.

We'll have a hard time getting good numbers for Wednesday's game (Valentine's Day) and the early President's day game (people still working when the game starts). Good to the weekend attendance go up.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Feb.13

Los Angeles @ Carolina 15,765
Edmonton @ Boston 16,449
NY Islanders @ Toronto 19,600
Florida @ Montreal 21,273
Phoenix @ Tampa Bay 18,019
Anaheim @ Colorado 17,512
Atlanta @ Calgary 19,289

San Jose @ St. Louis 9,235
whatever they're doing in St.Louis isn't working. Even Boston got 16,000+ tonight. Could people care any less about the Blues ?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
San Jose @ St. Louis 9,235
whatever they're doing in St.Louis isn't working. Even Boston got 16,000+ tonight. Could people care any less about the Blues ?
Could you please at least try acquaint yourself with things like the weather raging in the Midwest (including the St. Louis area) first before firing off half-cocked allegations about ............... ah, never mind - you haven't bothered any other time, why should I expect you to start now?

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Could you please at least try acquaint yourself with things like the weather raging in the Midwest (including the St. Louis area) first before firing off half-cocked allegations about ............... ah, never mind - you haven't bothered any other time, why should I expect you to start now?

Don't forget that they only post attendance nights where one of their choice cities to bash has a "bad night".

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Don't forget that they only post attendance nights where one of their choice cities to bash has a "bad night".

LOL. what are you talking about. the blues last two home games were 11,200 and 9,500. it's an obvious recent trend even if the apologists try to use every excuse they can come up with to deflect the fact attendance is horrible.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
LOL. what are you talking about. the blues last two home games were 11,200 and 9,500. it's an obvious recent trend even if the apologists try to use every excuse they can come up with to deflect the fact attendance is horrible.
The problem with drawing a conclusion based on two points:

1. Yesterday it didn't snow at all.
2. Today, 7 inches of snow fell.

Illogical conclusion: in 5 days we'll get almost 3 feet of snow

Again ... please try to read and learn instead of interjecting an opinion that isn't necessarily supported by the facts.

Lou's Koolaid

I live here
Jan 12, 2007
KWT660
We'll only get about 5,000 tonight in Jersey my guess is about 10,000 to 12,000 tickets were sold but were having all kinds of weather issues today snow/sleet crappy roads etc. Sometimes during these situations we do a turnastyle count.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
We'll only get about 5,000 tonight in Jersey my guess is about 10,000 to 12,000 tickets were sold but were having all kinds of weather issues today snow/sleet crappy roads etc. Sometimes during these situations we do a turnastyle count.
Sorry, that's not an acceptable reason to not have a sellout. Clearly if you can't pack the place in an ice storm/blizzard/etc., you're clearly not supporting your team and thus don't deserve to have one.

:rolleyes:

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Sorry, that's not an acceptable reason to not have a sellout. Clearly if you can't pack the place in an ice storm/blizzard/etc., you're clearly not supporting your team and thus don't deserve to have one.

:rolleyes:

Winnipeg, here we come!

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site

You've missed the point. You ignore nights where your choice of teams do well in terms of attendance numbers but then cherry pick days where a team you like to bash doesn't do well attendance wise without looking at why that team didn't sell well.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Winnipeg, here we come!
Not yet. See, I called St. Louis yesterday and they assured me it did not appear to have snowed from where they sat. I then called the NHL office and they told me that NHL attendance, in fact, has no correlation with snow.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Not yet. See, I called St. Louis yesterday and they assured me it did not appear to have snowed from where they sat. I then called the NHL office and they told me that NHL attendance, in fact, has no correlation with snow.

Lovely.

So, no link from you, I gather?

GSC2k2*

You've missed the point. You ignore nights where your choice of teams do well in terms of attendance numbers but then cherry pick days where a team you like to bash doesn't do well attendance wise without looking at why that team didn't sell well.

In fairness, Hawker has stayed away from that practice more recently.

Nashville108*

13,826 in Nashville tonight for the Preds' 5-0 win over San Jose.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
7,515 in NJ, but we had snow and ice all around. CAA is a pain in the ass even with good weather.

Nashville108*

almost 14K on a wednesday valentines day...a snowy one at that...is a lot better than I expected. Not great, obviously, but this was one of the ones we figured was going to be dreadful...in the 11-12 K range.
It wasnt snowing

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
It wasnt snowing
It was snowing (flurries) from the time I walked out of the HOP till the time I just got home (I stayed late for the post-game show in the Jack Daniel's Club).

Regardless, snow was not a factor in tonight's attendance, but I'm sure the cold kept some of the walkup fans away (still not an excuse).

As NMK said, it was a better crowd than I had actually expected and I thought the crowd was very loud all night long and was really behind the team 100%.

For Valentine's Day and a Wednesday night (big church night here in the Bible Belt) drawing just under 14K isn't that bad. Honestly, I doubt 1,500 tickets were given away tonight either, but there is no way to tell...

Very happy with the Nashville crowd tonight and kudos to those in NJ and Pittsburgh that battled the winter weather to get to their games tonight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad