"Last Night's Attendance" Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Correction: If I bought 1 $90 ticket, I get row 3 in the corner.

2 $90 tix pushes me back 24 rows. 3~4 $90 tickets pushes me back to the top.

All corner seats too.
It doesn't mean those seats are sold. NJ releases a whole bunch of tickets at the last minute for some dumb reason. I can't tell you the number of times I've tried to buy tickets for some games at ticketmaster when they tell me they're out of tickets only to be able to find them later/find out the game wasn't a sellout.

There ARE a lot of seats that are sold where the people just don't go, but there are more unsold seats.

I really don't know why anyone would waste their money on those seats though. The best bang for your buck is in the upper bowl anyway.

Edit: I bought tickets for Scott Stevens's jersey retirement two weeks prior and got two seats in the 6th row behind the Canes' goal.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
From the old thread:

In compliance with the new rules I won't discuss TV ratings, but someone asked for a link and it can be found in this thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=324248 . The NY times article only mentions FSN channels.

Top Shelf said:
Well its not the Pittsburgh fans coming out of the wordwork touting their market as the greatest thing to happen to hockey since Wayne Gretzky.

The point is and still stands -- Buffalo is a great hockey market when winning.

Obviously attendance is going to be affected by the on-ice product, but Buffalo's problems were more related with the team's owner being arrested, the team being bankrupt, and the relocation rumors.

Plus, Buffalo's population is well under 300,000 (1.2 million for the Buffalo/Niagara metro region) while citites like Detroit has 890,000 population (4.5-5.5 million metro), and Pittsburgh has 315,000 (2.4 million metro). Buffalo is the smallest NHL market in the US and I doubt there's a market with less disposable income.

The fact that you can only point to one season with horrible attendance and one with below average attendance isn't a very strong case especially when you consider all the unprecedented extenuating circumstances.

DevFan-RU-

Aug 28, 2006
Morristown, NJ
www.battleofny.com
It doesn't mean those seats are sold. NJ releases a whole bunch of tickets at the last minute for some dumb reason. I can't tell you the number of times I've tried to buy tickets for some games at ticketmaster when they tell me they're out of tickets only to be able to find them later/find out the game wasn't a sellout.

There ARE a lot of seats that are sold where the people just don't go, but there are more unsold seats.

I really don't know why anyone would waste their money on those seats though. The best bang for your buck is in the upper bowl anyway.

Edit: I bought tickets for Scott Stevens's jersey retirement two weeks prior and got two seats in the 6th row behind the Canes' goal.

That is true. But then again, I rarely can afford $90 tickets. I usually buy them once a season with promotional offers.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Feb. 5th:

Southern/Non-Traditional US Market:
no games scheduled

Northern/Traditional US Markets:
Detroit @ NY Rangers 18,200
season average: 18,200 (11th overall, 5th of 13 among peer markets)
100.0 % capacity (2nd of 13 among peer markets); peer mean: 87.0 % peer median: 94.9 %
trailing 5 game avg: 18,200
trailing 5 game weekday avg: 18,200
trailing 5 game weekend avg: 18,200
comments: great attendance as usual. ranger fans will probably cause a sellout/near sellout in jersey tonight.

Canadian Markets:
no games scheduled

Last edited:

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
9,000 in St. Louis, and short of sellouts in Tampa and Pittsburgh. But let's play EVERY team in EVERY conference.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
9,000 in St. Louis, and short of sellouts in Tampa and Pittsburgh. But let's play EVERY team in EVERY conference.
They were pushing that Tampa-LA game at the last game I was at, offering $10 off tickets, so I figured it wouldn't exactly be a great draw. However, I know a few people who went out of their way to get there tonight just to see a different team for once. Go figure. :dunno:

I think you missed Rule #3 from the first post here. :)

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004

I'm surprised by the Blues' figure. They've had great weekend attendance recently, and I thought it would start to translate into their weekday attendance. To see them draw 900 less than their last weekday game, and 2300 less than their second last weekday game is a big surprise, as I expected at least a little rise due to the momentum and today's big announcement.

Last edited:

skullman80

Nov 18, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa

The Pens were only about 400 short of a sellout(16,850 is a sellout). I was pleased with the attendance tonight for playing Nashville. I know Nashville is the best team in the league, but the Pens playing in the EC, I doubt many fans even knew who the Preds were.

I was actually quite pleased when I saw the attendance number. Sellouts in the last 12 of 14 now I think, with tonight being really close.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
They were pushing that Tampa-LA game at the last game I was at, offering $10 off tickets, so I figured it wouldn't exactly be a great draw. However, I know a few people who went out of their way to get there tonight just to see a different team for once. Go figure. :dunno:

It's tough to fill a 20,000 seat arena. The fact the Bolts average more fans per game than the Devil Rays, Marlins and Royals speaks volumes about their support in a non-traditional market.

Spiral

Dec 24, 2005
Another standing room crowd of 17,466 in Anaheim tonight. Their 9th straight sellout. Sold out 11 out of their last 12 home games.

ShooterMcGavin*

Tampa is 3rd in attendance but are losing 8 million dollars a year or so. There selling tickets for 7 bucks, so basically don't even mention if there selling out.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Tampa is 3rd in attendance but are losing 8 million dollars a year or so.
Supposedly. Or is it just posturing looking for more tax breaks? I already explained the situation, not doing it again.

There selling tickets for 7 bucks, so basically don't even mention if there selling out.
They're $8, and they sell 200 of them the morning of the game for walk ups. During the playoffs, people camp out for them. They've done it for years as a goodwill gesture, something wrong with that?

Oh wait, location: Calgary, I get it now. :biglaugh: I do remember the Calgary media trashing us for having tickets for $8, couldn't figure out why someone would even remember that.

GSC2k2*

Supposedly. Or is it just posturing looking for more tax breaks? I already explained the situation, not doing it again.

They're $8, and they sell 200 of them the morning of the game for walk ups. During the playoffs, people camp out for them. They've done it for years as a goodwill gesture, something wrong with that?

Oh wait, location: Calgary, I get it now. :biglaugh: I do remember the Calgary media trashing us for having tickets for $8, couldn't figure out why someone would even remember that.
Don't be ridiculous, Sotnos. Everyone knows (based on the other poster) that TB is selling ALL of its tickets for $7. Every last one, even the season tickets.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
You know people are grasping when they start to accuse you of selling your tickets for too cheap. I see nothing wrong with TB offering a few tickets for that price. If it gets someone who normally couldn't afford tickets into the game than its not only good for hockey but also for fans.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Geez, let this thread die please. You guys aren't even being fans anymore, just eager vultures that want to attack the next team with an off day in attendance.

If you want to let off some steam, I suggest you go to the board of the team you hate the most and Troll it. Trust me it's fun (if you are willing to take the warnings).

CioCio

May 13, 2006
Greensboro, NC

Yeah, I remember you could get a 2-for-1 ticket deal for the Canes vs. Coyotes game back on Jan. 4th. I wanted to go just to see a different team; Canes got shut out though, so I'm glad I didnt

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Don't be ridiculous, Sotnos. Everyone knows (based on the other poster) that TB is selling ALL of its tickets for $7. Every last one, even the season tickets.
All I have to say to that is, I wish! :)

You know people are grasping when they start to accuse you of selling your tickets for too cheap. I see nothing wrong with TB offering a few tickets for that price. If it gets someone who normally couldn't afford tickets into the game than its not only good for hockey but also for fans.
Exactly. I believe they started doing it when they moved into the building, and even when they didn't need to do it (like the playoffs) they kept it up and put some rules in so that scalpers wouldn't snap them all up. It's really annoying when people paint a goodwill gesture in such a negative light.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
alright I'm guna predict tonights attendance around the league
cgy@cbj 15700
car@bos 13360
lak@wsh 10950
pitt@phi 19130
mtl@ott 20125
nyi@njd 12125
det@stl 11675
fla@min 18568
tor@nsh 16500
atl@col 17500

blamebettman*

Numbers are in for NY @ NJ....10,110. Didn't look to be that much.

LA @ Was, 15,527, pretty good

Calgary @ Columbus, 15,739

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
15,100 in Nashville tonight, not great, but better than it had been during football season during the week, especially for an out of conference game vs the Leafs.

Also, every weekend game for the rest of the season is now sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad