Confirmed with Link: Larsson re-signs 6 years $4,166,666.67

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If Larsson gets the kind of PP time that Hynes or Shero hinted at, we really could see a pretty big jump in his production. Powerplays are huge for defenseman points. Larsson was actually top-50 in the league in EVS points last year with 21. He had 23 total. And that's considering the early parts of the season where he wasn't getting a lot of minutes and mostly getting buried in the D zone. AND that was in only 64 games. The list of offensive defensemen with less ESP than Larsson last season is pretty impressive.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?fet...ts&sort=evenStrengthPoints&ord=desc&gp=1&pg=2

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If Larsson gets the kind of PP time that Hynes or Shero hinted at, we really could see a pretty big jump in his production. Powerplays are huge for defenseman points. Larsson was actually top-50 in the league in EVS points last year with 21. He had 23 total. And that's considering the early parts of the season where he wasn't getting a lot of minutes and mostly getting buried in the D zone. AND that was in only 64 games. The list of offensive defensemen with less ESP than Larsson last season is pretty impressive.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?fet...ts&sort=evenStrengthPoints&ord=desc&gp=1&pg=2

I'd like to see Larsson get some time on the power play, but I was kind of resigned to him maybe not getting it because he's so good in other situations. Cool that Hynes and Shero hinted at him playing on the power play. I didn't remember/know that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I love the re signing of Larsson and all. This thread has duped me a couple of times already since being bumped though.

I keep getting excited thinking we signed someone else or signed Zacha, when I see the ''Confirmed with link'' and the red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad