Confirmed with Link: Larsson re-signs 6 years $4,166,666.67

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
speaking of no knowledge, I love all those guys on the trade board saying that Rielly is loads better than Larsson. One guy asked what Larsson had done to earn his name next to Rielly's.

Rielly had 5 more points than Larsson last season in 17 more games, playing nearly identical minutes per game. However Rielly had 9 points on the powerplay, while Larsson got less than 20 seconds of power play time per game. Larsson actually had 1 more point than Rielly even strength, again, that's in 17 fewer games. Larsson also played over 3 minutes per game on the PK, while Rielly played just 45 seconds per game. Rielly had 46.1% offensive zone starts, while Larsson started only 38% of his shifts in the offensive zone. Larsson was +2 on a team which finished -33. Rielly was a -16 on a team which finished -51. Not to mention how much of a better offense Toronto had than NJ.

In Short, Larsson proved last year to be significantly better defensively than Rielly, while scoring at a similar rate despite significantly less offensive opportunity.

What has Rielly done to earn his name next to Larsson's? Play for Tornoto?

It can't be understated just how good Larsson was last season. If he gets consistent powerplay time this season, 40+ points isn't at all out of the question.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
speaking of no knowledge, I love all those guys on the trade board saying that Rielly is loads better than Larsson. One guy asked what Larsson had done to earn his name next to Rielly's.

Rielly had 5 more points than Larsson last season in 17 more games, playing nearly identical minutes per game. However Rielly had 9 points on the powerplay, while Larsson got less than 20 seconds of power play time per game. Larsson actually had 1 more point than Rielly even strength, again, that's in 17 fewer games. Larsson also played over 3 minutes per game on the PK, while Rielly played just 45 seconds per game. Rielly had 46.1% offensive zone starts, while Larsson started only 38% of his shifts in the offensive zone. Larsson was +2 on a team which finished -33. Rielly was a -16 on a team which finished -51. Not to mention how much of a better offense Toronto had than NJ.

In Short, Larsson proved last year to be significantly better defensively than Rielly, while scoring at a similar rate despite significantly less offensive opportunity.

What has Rielly done to earn his name next to Larsson's? Play for Tornoto?

It can't be understated just how good Larsson was last season. If he gets consistent powerplay time this season, 40+ points isn't at all out of the question.

I hope Larsson makes a lot of people look foolish next year.

GhostofKenKlee

I love how they are still putting up Larrson trade proposals on the main board. Yeah, make sense, Devils just signed him and want to now trade him.

GhostofKenKlee

Yeah that one, more like Dustin Brown and pick for a prospect. He really has hit a proverbial wall and I'm not sure I would want him and that Albatross of a contract.

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
Larsson will be our captain one day.

This kid is going to surprise alot of people. I just wish we still had Big Bird to tutor him.

GhostofKenKlee

I must have missed it but where there any quotes from Larsson on the deal?

Seems to be a gag order on all Devils players from commenting on whatever events have happened since the obvious happened.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Larsson will be our captain one day.

This kid is going to surprise alot of people. I just wish we still had Big Bird to tutor him.

I doubt it because he doesn't have the personality for it.

I could see him being an assistant captain though, with Severson being the captain down the line.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I doubt it because he doesn't have the personality for it.

I could see him being an assistant captain though, with Severson being the captain down the line.

I'm just stunned in general as to what people think of Larsson. I simply don't see it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
Considering we just got rid of a regime that sat him for sneezing maybe we will get to know him.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Of the players on our team, Henrique and Greene are the only ones that have captain material to me, and Greene really just because he's a vet and well respected it seems. Elias obviously won't be because of age, and the only other guys that have the captain personality is maybe someone like Cammalleri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad