Lars Eller as a 4C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Ya I get it Eller defend himself ... like a ***** :laugh:
When you are getting hit the fight is on so late game or not, big lead or not, you should threw some punches back if you respect yourself and the team.
Eller was a coward yesterday sorry.

Oh my god. :laugh:

I'm done with you. I really do feel like I'm talking to a Bruins fans :biglaugh:

Capitaine Subban*

Oh my god. :laugh:

I'm done with you. I really do feel like I'm talking to a Bruins fans :biglaugh:

Being a wuss is being a Hab fan now ...We need more Beaulieu,MItchell Tinordi's on this team than ******* like Eller. Good day pal.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Should we say that Max is a ***** because whenever he has the puck and Chara is infront of him he literally loses it or dumps and skates the other way?

Capitaine Subban*

Should we say that Max is a ***** because whenever he has the puck and Chara is infront of him he literally loses it or dumps and skates the other way?

Max is not my favorite but he is not a nobody like Eller and I cant recall Max getting punched by an Elite player and turtle like *****.I dont like Max perimeter's game but atleast he is useful unlike Eller.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Max is not my favorite but he is not a nobody like Eller and I cant recall Max getting punched by an Elite player and turtle like *****.I dont like Max perimeter's game but atleast he is useful unlike Eller.

Let's see how useful Max is in the playoffs

Sword

May 26, 2014
Lets see how Eller gonna do without Bourque & Gionta ...

I thought he was our best center last year in the playoffs before he got injured, I think it happened in game 2 against the bolts. Even Francois Gagnon was questioning MT why wasn't Eller given more ice time, cause he actually competed unlike Pleks and DD. I know, you're going to bring up the stats like what he only scored 1 goal, but stats don't tell you everything.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I thought he was our best center last year in the playoffs before he got injured, I think it happened in game 2 against the bolts. Even Francois Gagnon was questioning MT why wasn't Eller given more ice time, cause he actually competed unlike Pleks and DD. I know, you're going to bring up the stats like what he only scored 1 goal, but stats don't tell you everything.

Eller was our best center last playoffs IMO. He didn't have the numbers like he did 2 years ago but he was our most dominant center. Some might say by default because the other 2 in front of him sucked big time but Eller did pretty good as a third center.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

In the playoffs, there is only one thing that counts. Goals scored.

The Habs did not score enough and lost to the Bolts. Style points or personal opinions about individual players is irrelevant.

That thought process leads to more irrelevance, like who is to blame and who is given a pass.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

The Habs did not score enough and lost to the Bolts. Style points or personal opinions about individual players is irrelevant.

That thought process leads to more irrelevance, like who is to blame and who is given a pass.

Lol what the hell.

In the playoffs, you do what you paid to do. Not everyone's job is to score goals. Can't believe I had to explain you that. Each player has there own role. Eller primary's role wasn't to score goal for the top 6. He was a third liner, playing with Prust and DLR.They did a great job.

PRice didn't score any goal!!! He sucks!:laugh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

So you're saying nobody can play well without scoring goals?
You love making everything black and white. That's not how you analyze.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
So you're saying nobody can play well without scoring goals?
You love making everything black and white. That's not how you analyze.

By his definition, everyone sucked then, has sucked now, and will forever suck, because no one is a 50 goal scorer on this team.

For someone that says "I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens, and not player X," he sure does pick and choose a lot of crap.:shakehead

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
First, let's put DD in Eller's role right now to see how he does?.....Oh, wait, we did last year and as bad as Eller is right now, DD was worst. (2points in 10 games.....would've been around 8 points in 40 games....)

Second, i never thought Eller would be terrific as a top 6 player.
But face it, DD brought 50pts in 1st line role in the last 2 season and other than that he brought nothing else. I would've take a 45pts player with defensive capabilities, size, speed, grit way ahead of DD's 50pts with nothing else.

I thought that DD would be a 40pts 2nd liner, and he that's exactly what he is right now.....Do you think Eller could get to 40 in a 2nd line role with his steady shift on the PP as a center? I do, he did 30 in 46 games once....with less than that. He had 27 points with nothing at all in terms of offensive situation. So even as 2nd line center i prefer Eller. And it's the same thing as a 3rd liner, i prefer Eller at this point (and it got nothing to do with point production)

Eller is a better winger than DD.

"If Eller played a 2nd line minutes" is a nice argument. Let's take a look:

DD ES TOI: 13:34/GP

Eller's ES TOI last year: 13:41/GP
Eller's ES TOI the year before: 13:26/GP

Eller's ESP all of last year: 23
Eller's ESP all of the year before: 21
DD's ESP less than halfway through the year: 16(very few came with max relative to Flash/Weise)

Both playing with guys like Weise. Flash is not unlike Sekac.

Keep in mind he spent a BIG portion of 2013-14 with Galchenyuk. Sometimes Gallagher.

It's also fantastic than you put Eller at 45 points when he's never hit that.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

DD's ESP less than halfway through the year: 16(very few came with max relative to Flash/Weise)

Keep in mind he spent a BIG portion of 2013-14 with Galchenyuk. Sometimes Gallagher.

Minutes does not equal role. Eller the past years at center was deployed in the defensive zone more than anyone. DD this year in his 3rd line role...not so much.

Really stop comparing the 2. 1 has been given offensive opportunity after opportunity, while the other gets spatterings here and there. 35 games in an offensive role (but not really offensive since he's guarding Galchenyuk defensively), is not an equal opportunity...

Capitaine Subban*

Just the fact you post that video shows how.. hum how can I say it delicately... oh yeah.. How Bruins you are. :laugh:

Situations and circumstance are not the same at all. How can you still not understand. It's not that hard.

Ya one soft player defend his brother from a botherline check and the other coward didnt do **** when he was attacked by a nobody ...

NB standing up

Torey Mitchell getting respect from his teammate

Then the coward Eller :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Minutes does not equal role. Eller the past years at center was deployed in the defensive zone more than anyone. DD this year in his 3rd line role...not so much.

Really stop comparing the 2. 1 has been given offensive opportunity after opportunity, while the other gets spatterings here and there. 35 games in an offensive role (but not really offensive since he's guarding Galchenyuk defensively), is not an equal opportunity...

I didn't compare the two. The guy I quoted did. You should argue about that with him.

Oh please, he isn't guarding Galchenyuk. If anything he's holding the guy back which isn't even a knock on Eller as its more of a compliment to Galchenyuk.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

:laugh: are even watching the team? Prust=Weise /Flash=Sekac. ummm NO. You do know that Sekac was benched repeatedly and traded. Prust was traded for a headcase (later traded for ECHL level goalie) and a 5th.

JDLR was his center and put eller again off on the wing which isn't his natural position. JDLR-33 games and 6 points with a 37% faceoff. So you lose the puck and can't score while taking D zone assignments for almost half the season and you consider that even close to what DD has in Flash and Weise...umm NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Capitaine Subban*

yeah you're right, meant that as a joke. Everyone knows post game they all ridiculed Eller, no way they celebrated the W. the W was just an afterthought once in the locker room, it was all about wussy Eller in there.

There you go !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad