Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I went from 145lbs to 165lbs in my early 20ies (20-25ish) and it was mostly muscles as i was playing hockey 2-3 times a week and skying on Saturday (was very skinny). I'm now 185 and it's mostly fat XD

I was similar, from 18 - 21 I went from 165-195 almost all muscle, I actually got skinnier (was working Masonry in the summers during Uni) now I'm 215 (15 of the 20lbs is probably fat) and trying to get back down to 205.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I keep thinking how
Man, Lane is gonna have some BIG big brothers at the next levels lol

Guhle 6"3 , 200
Mailloux 6"4 , 220
Xhekaj 6"4 , 230
Reinbacher 6"3 , 200

I just don't see how we dont move forward as a team with those 4 guys especially (no offense to the Strubles, Harris's, Engstroms, and Bogdans)
+ hopefully lil Lane who will have NO shortage of possible 'big' partners

More and more I'm feeling like hey.. maybe keep Savard after all as a Vet#6 lol
Engstrom isn’t small either. He’s got great potential. Normally I’d be saying he’d be a top four guy but we have so much talent back there now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I was similar, from 18 - 21 I went from 165-195 almost all muscle, I actually got skinnier (was working Masonry in the summers during Uni) now I'm 215 (15 of the 20lbs is probably fat) and trying to get back down to 205.
I've been trying to get back down to 170ish lbs for the last 20 years ;) it's hard once you're past 45.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I've been trying to get back down to 170ish lbs for the last 20 years ;) it's hard once you're past 45.
I did it.

During the pandemic I worked out in a caloric deficit for about 8 months I lifting heavy weights. When I hit my goal I stopped because the weights were too heavy and I should’ve started eating more calories. Went back to 180-85 about a year later. Started working out again to get back where I was. Then I caught long Covid for months. Shortly after that I got frozen shoulder… still dealing with it as it takes forever to go away. Needless to say, without working out I just kinda gave up and drank beer and all the wrong foods. :laugh:

I’m just praying this shoulder heals soon. It’s almost there but I still can’t work out. It’s been like a year and a half. The moment it heals I’m going back.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I did it.

During the pandemic I worked out in a caloric deficit for about 8 months I lifting heavy weights. When I hit my goal I stopped because the weights were too heavy and I should’ve started eating more calories. Went back to 180-85 about a year later. Started working out again to get back where I was. Then I caught long Covid for months. Shortly after that I got frozen shoulder… still dealing with it as it takes forever to go away. Needless to say, without working out I just kinda gave up and drank beer and all the wrong foods. :laugh:

I’m just praying this shoulder heals soon. It’s almost there but I still can’t work out. It’s been like a year and a half. The moment it heals I’m going back.
A little yoga maybe? Downward dog works the shoulders.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A little yoga maybe? Downward dog works the shoulders.
I’ve done physio, massage and acupuncture. It helps with mobility. I’ve also had cortisone shots that have helped.

Unfortunately though, you can’t speed it up. It takes what it will take and there’s no getting around it. Sometimes if you’re lucky the cortisone shot will just cure it. But that doesn’t usually happen. It can take as long as THREE years to fully heal.

If I’m not healed by May I’m going to ask the doctor if I can take a third shot - and then pray.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man Hutson has more skill than that Pierce Hawthorne guy on the main boards has bad takes.

Guy could put up 100 points if they converted him to wing. Yes 100% srs, Hawthorne approved hot take here.
There's this Mandalorian or whatever poster there too who consistently has dog shit takes too. It must be the high altitude in Colorado.

Reactions: Andrei79

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Again with the size…

Let’s recap;
- He’ll never be big nor NHL average, so let’s turn that page;
- He’s a record breaking NCAA D producer;
- He’s not the greatest skater but he gets around;
- He’s an awkward puck possession D, meaning that no adversaries has yet to figure out how to contain him from doing his patented Lane Hutson things throughout his career / tournaments, at ANY level he’s been asked to face.

So we have no idea how it will turn out, because there are arguably no comparables to him. He’s…. A UNICORN. The only thing we can do is wait for the next step. He won’t be big nor mean, but he will be an offensive type D and the AHL will be his next target.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
the Canadiens measured him as 5'9 at development camp this summer. Until they release something else changing that, I'm assuming that's his height.
It was revised this spring before the juniors by the IIHF to 5’10 and I believe Hutson himself said so. It’s in this thread somewhere.

Remember he was something like 5’7 when he was drafted. He’s still growing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It was revised this spring before the juniors by the IIHF to 5’10 and I believe Hutson himself said so. It’s in this thread somewhere.

Remember he was something like 5’7 when he was drafted. He’s still growing.
Interesting. I wouldn't believe Hutson. But I don't know about the credibility of the IIHF measurements.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He already has it. No U-20 blueliner in the last 45 years has put up more points in the NCAA.

That’s not what BU is claiming.

• Lane Hutson, also a Hobey Baker finalist, notched his 28th career goal on Friday and is now just one point behind the active career leaders in points by a defenseman with 93 (28g, 65a).

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
That’s not what BU is claiming.

• Lane Hutson, also a Hobey Baker finalist, notched his 28th career goal on Friday and is now just one point behind the active career leaders in points by a defenseman with 93 (28g, 65a).

Looking at this list and seeing Hutson way above Q.Hughes, Fox, McAvoy and Werenski is crazy.
Only one that's close to him is L.Hughes

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I’ve done physio, massage and acupuncture. It helps with mobility. I’ve also had cortisone shots that have helped.

Unfortunately though, you can’t speed it up. It takes what it will take and there’s no getting around it. Sometimes if you’re lucky the cortisone shot will just cure it. But that doesn’t usually happen. It can take as long as THREE years to fully heal.

If I’m not healed by May I’m going to ask the doctor if I can take a third shot - and then pray.
Did you know faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Celebrini cross checks a guy into the boards, no call. But then Hutson called for tripping.

Boston College scores again. 2-0. Will Smith scores.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Would Hutson be eligible to join the Habs after tonight if the Terriers lose, or would they still have another game left?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad