Confirmed with Link: Landy suspended 4 games

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I predicted three games in the other thread because of his history. Four is too many but he only has himself to blame.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's gone for the rest of this important homestand now. Don't want to exaggerate but these next few games could determine which direction this season goes in.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Felt like he'd get at least 3. DOPS cares more about reputation than they do actual incidents.

You can't be cross-checking players in the face, but 4 games is excessive. That said, he has a history and that 100% is their main focus.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Four seems a little ridiculous but im getting sick of landy getting suspended every year. He is the captain and the captain cant be doing stupid crap that hurts the team every year

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What a nice kick in the nuts. This is the same time last season where we were awful during a long homestand and never recovered.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
4 games is 4 games too many... it was a penalty, maybe a major. Beyond that, let it go. To me this is more on the NHL than Landy...

Reactions: Waingro

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he definitely should have been suspended 1 game because that's reckless and you should never cross check a player in the face. 4 games is way too much, but he has a history and the NHL places more emphasis on history than they do actual incidents.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
That’s a stiff suspension. He has to learn to control his temper. He’s the captain and he’s only hurting the team.

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
4 games is 4 games too many... it was a penalty, maybe a major. Beyond that, let it go. To me this is more on the NHL than Landy...
I agree, I thought he only deserved a fine, but nhl gonna nhl.
Edit: I also would have understood if he got a game... but 4?

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Considering what else merits a 4 game suspension and cross checks go uncalled all the time I think this is a massive overreaction. I can get making the point to Landy to stop the high cross checks but it's basically saying it's better to viciously board someone instead. It's extra hilarious coming down on a team that plays soft in general.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
We all know the nhl hates us. Between this and the good goals that are disallowed, its pretty obvious

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Good. 4 games seems fair.

And I hope Landy gets the message and understands that he let his team down big time with his stupid antics and learns from it for once.
I just stumbled upon his players tribune article about concussions and how scary they are. He might want to re-read that during his time off and re-think his actions...

That said.
I hope Parros and the DOPS will apply these standards to everyone from now on. No more crosschecks to the head allowed (if they look intentional of course.).

Otherwise it will really look that they just decided to single out Landeskog to prove that they are doing something while otherwise spinning the wheel of justice...

I expect the victim in this case to be featured heavily as well when it comes to that.

I hope we don't draft his brother...

And yeah.. Parros might want to take a look at boarding as well but I get that it is not that easy to find a clear line in the sand when it comes to what deserves a penalty there and what deserves a suspension aside from simply judging by the result (which nobody wants).

I also really don't think the Avs are considered a soft team. I think we are more on the goonish side of things unfortunately.

We might be mentally soft but certainly not when it comes to physicallity.

Reactions: zcf

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Go to town on the boarding now. The league doesn't like going 5+ anyway because it can go to independent review. I can't wait until someone takes out Girard and we are told that's just hockey.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think you guys are coming to the wrong conclusions here...

- Landeskog did NOT get suspended four games because of the action of the play (though still suspendable in my eyes).
- Landeskog got suspended four games because he is a repeat offender.

I am liking this DOPS with Parros much more than other times in the past NHL history (yeah you guys can hate me). Tkachuk can sell it all he wants, a crosscheque in the neck/side of the head is completely unacceptable, especially when Landeskog preformed like three cross-cheques on Matt before getting him in the face.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They are incredibly soft and goonish lol. The complete opposite.

Yeah I disagree with that.
Between Zadorov smashing people (most of the time clean but sometimes borderline), EJ tomahawking other players and Landeskogs antics, the Avs are not a "clean" team. We are middle of the pack when it comes to that if not worse.

I know you love that playstyle and want to see more of that but I am on the opposite end of the spectrum and very much dislike it.

Avs might be mentally soft (they certainly are). But they certainly don't usually get bullied around physically more than other teams.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad