Injury Report: Landeskog out with head and neck injury

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
I hope this doesn't turn into another Perron-like incident. I hope he's back soon, and I hope that the Avs fans don't start calling for Stewie's head

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Somebody's in trouble for letting him play after the hit...

I was surprised they let him back out, however i can see the difficulty in telling a guy no when he is saying "I'm good to go let me back out there!"

I have no idea if Landeskog was that adamant about getting back out on the ice, but it's definitely a tough position for team docs to be put in.

There needs to be an objective medical professional at every NHL game in charge of administering a basic check up for any head injuries during a game to remove the team element from it. I'm pretty sure the NFL is now doing this no?

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I hope this doesn't turn into another Perron-like incident. I hope he's back soon, and I hope that the Avs fans don't start calling for Stewie's head

It can't. The NHL has already stated they will not pursue action. I don't think they can change their minds now that he is injured

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
It can't. The NHL has already stated they will not pursue action. I don't think they can change their minds now that he is injured

Mainly because it was a beautiful hit with no one leaving their feet or stepping out of the penalty box at the time, etc. Stuart saw a man coming up ice not paying any attention and he did what any good hockey player should do, he stood up, braced himself, and tossed the kid on his ass. It's unfortunate he had his head down and wasn't paying attention, but there was no way Stuart could hit him safely (for himself) any other way.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Sucks to hear about Landeskog like that. But this was not Stuart's fault. He was only doing his job (and legally too)

In that case, I hope it doesn't turn into another Bertuzzi/Moore incident...

That is my biggest fear next time we play the Avs. I expect them to come after Stuart and I just hope they won't Bertuzzi-him. I also expect them to take shots at Couture, Boyle, Pavelski, etc.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
[Mod]

in all seriousness though, Landeskog is one of my favorite players to watch and it sucks he's missing any time ... kid needs to keep his head on a swivel though. Hopefully this isn't Perron 2.0 and he's out for an extended amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Hopefully it's a neck strain, and minor or mild concussion only
Kid got rocked, he could have easily had to have been carried off

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
sucks to hear that. that was a hell of a hit by stuart.

is he the youngest player to be captain? or is that sid still?

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
D'oh. Hope he's gonna be okay. No need for Perrongate 2.0

both stuart and jumbo's hit were clean, i don't think stuart would get the "dirty" title if he hasn't already got it. he's been doing that for years. perron is wuss

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
both stuart and jumbo's hit were clean, i don't think stuart would get the "dirty" title if he hasn't already got it. he's been doing that for years. perron is wuss

Oh no... here we go...

Seriously, very different situations. Thornton had just stepped out of the penalty box (not that I blame him, I would have hit Perron too) and so it was considered irresponsible because Perron couldn't have seen it coming (BS, but that was the logic).

In this case he could of seen Stuart coming from his own blueline, he was just staring down at the ice. I honestly don't see a way Stuart could have hit him that didn't endanger himself other than what he did. What was he supposed to do, squat down? He hit a guy that deserved to be hit and that guy said as much. Yes his head hit Stuart, but that was a consequence of being hit at that momentum, not because Stuart tried to him in the head.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
According to a co-worker in Denver, we are officially on the Avalanche fans hated list... they are none too happy with the hit and its non-suspension by Shanaban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad