GDT: |LaLaLa|BRUINS VS SENS | Lets ****ing Clinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
How in the world is bottom line minutes too much pressure? Kelly played 6:51 the other night. Mac played 9:44.

I have ZERO issue playing White for 10 minutes a game and yes I do think it would make a difference.

Kelly needs a rest, even though he doesn't play many minutes. Nowadays, it appears he is playing too many minutes, he lumbers around after a few shifts.

Maybe they are trying to protect MacArthur as well? Playing it safe with two veterans, especially Kelly who is respected by the Boston core?

Otherwise, White adds speed and spirited forechecking, and he is a skilled forward who can really give the 4th line some offence for MacArthur to work with. And I expect MacArthur to get the odd shift with the top lines as Boucher puts his lines into his blender as the game goes on.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
The only thing I can think of as to why Kelly is playing over White is some intangible need to have a vet this late in the season in a playoff push for morale or some ****.

You know what would really boost morale in the locker room? Having better players in there. At least someone that has some offensive upside.

If the structure is so strong then it should be able to withstand taking a guy like Kelly out to put in a young skilled 2 way guy like White.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah Pyatt less so, just an example of a guy that Boucher clearly has a lot of trust in and gets bigger minutes because of.

The experience at C doesn't worry me given Kelly can't win FO's and is slow on the backcheck.
Yeah iam on board with this too ,the forwards in general have been poor to less than average all season long .Save a few players ,i agree we need a spark and should be playing a burner in White

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm furious that Kelly is in over White.

Kelly doesn't do anything well. He has a 44% FO% and the worst +/- on the team. He provides no offense, he's slow.

The only thing he does is PK, but we have enough guys that can do that that we can sacrifice Kelly.

White would give us more offense, speed and grit. That 4th line would actually have offensive upside to it.

Beyond ridiculous. Really sick of Boucher's love children, Chris Kelly and Tom Pyatt. Surprised kelly didn't shoot in SO on Monday.

I don't know why you're furious. It's pretty obvious that White won't play with a full(ish) forward lineup.

And why are you mad at Pyatt? He's great.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't know why you're furious. It's pretty obvious that White won't play with a full(ish) forward lineup.

And why are you mad at Pyatt? He's great.

I'm mad because apparently it's obvious that we don't play the best lineup we can. Seems odd.

I just don't think Pyatt should be playing anything above a bottom 6 role. We've seen him play a few times during shuffles on a top line and then you see him shoot in the SO, start in OT. It's just annoying.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well they still need to lock up a playoff spot & this coach trusts his experienced vets more so than a rookie especially at this time of yr, I think most coaches do. I also think that Dorion has completed his end of the bargain to burn a yr off of White's contract & no longer requires White to play another game this yr. If Ottawa can find a way to lock up a playoff spot & especially if they can secure a second place finish than we would see White back in a game, otherwise my guess is we won't see him again until next season unless of course injuries force his hand.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
claesson-wideman need to be paired together and they need to play 30 minutes each

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well the system is very defensively. You can't discount that when looking at the numbers.
Thats nice ,but how many times do we have to watch our defense work to get a puck to a forward,then they either give it away ,fail to clear .Then when we have the puck them dump it in and never get it back ,our forwards just cant get the "possession thing" down pat .

Its been an issue with this team for more than just a few seasons now ,it has been the main culprit in our defense being hung out to dry too often .This team wont go anywhere unless we get better forwards .

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
After the Marchand suspension decision this morning, here's the most likely Boston lines tonight:

Spooner-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-JFK-Kuraly
Nash-Moore-Acciar

...weird seeing Spooner at left wing.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
After the Marchand suspension decision this morning, here's the most likely Boston lines tonight:

Spooner-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-JFK-Kuraly
Nash-Moore-Acciar

...weird seeing Spooner at left wing.

remind me who JFK is again?

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Why not Claesson & Wideman on PP?! Claesson has 15% Shooting which is no accident. Wideman can walk the line and get his shot through too.

But Boucher will surely stick w Phaneuf & Ceci in workboots, if possible. Proven vets ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad