GDT: |LaLaLa|BRUINS VS SENS | Lets ****ing Clinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
LMAO i love reading on other boards how boring we are when we play bouchers system, other teams are trying to cope so much after we beat them

its never boring to win

PLAYOFFS BABY PROUD OF THIS SQUAD

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'll give Burrows his due, scored a couple really clutch goals for this team this week and playing far better than a week ago. Still hate the trade, but if I bag on a guy as much as I do Burrows, gotta throw him a bone when he plays well.

Now we really need Stone and Brassard to get involved in the offense. These guys can't be so silent.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don't know how many people would have predicted this team to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year. I'm happy we're in the position we're in.

Go local sports team!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don't know how many people would have predicted this team to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year. I'm happy we're in the position we're in.

Go local sports team!

IMO it was an absolute necessity after last year's performance and for the sake of EK's future here.

Our core isnt getting younger, we need to attack soon and this is an enormous step in that direction. We've been in a playoff spot all year so it wasn't a flukey season, more reflective on the new character of the team from top to bottom.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
LMAO i love reading on other boards how boring we are when we play bouchers system, other teams are trying to cope so much after we beat them

its never boring to win

PLAYOFFS BABY PROUD OF THIS SQUAD

May be boring to watch, but that's what it takes to win sometimes and some of them clearly don't understand that.

Love how Bouchers system chokes the life out of them in the third. Tears taste good.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Rancourt's bad.

Fully agreed. He's like Cole, used to be decent. Completely sucks now and people can't let go.

The antithesis of Slewidge really who was still awesome and was let go despite everyone wanting him to stick around.

Sens can gain a clear advantage over the Bruins by playing Corporal Slewidge. Our anthem singer can beat yours ;) (or will Sens stick with a motley line-up of unproven young teenage girls?!)

It would be great to see him sing the anthems in all the playoff games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Some of those bruins fans are quite delusional,they are a one line team with a so/so defense and average goaltending.After you get past their top line I like our next three better,Defense we have the edge and goaltending is a draw.Really dont get where they think they are that much more skilled than we are

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Go local sports team!

I was moderately confident going into the season. After all, Sens were the defending NHL champions of Canada. But that confidence would have gone away if you had told me about the injuries that were to come. Not to mention going half the season with the goalie all the Habs fans blamed for their disastrous faceplant last year.

Pretty impressive regular season, considering.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
It's pretty amazing that we have clinched a playoff spot with 2 games remaining yet are -2 in goal differential.

Not great, but kind of the mark of a clutch team. If you lose 5-0, the last four goals are meaningless. Come back and win the next four games 2-1, and you have an .800 win percentage with a negative goal differential.

member 2431

I'll give Burrows his due, scored a couple really clutch goals for this team this week and playing far better than a week ago. Still hate the trade, but if I bag on a guy as much as I do Burrows, gotta throw him a bone when he plays well.

Now we really need Stone and Brassard to get involved in the offense. These guys can't be so silent.

Think all hate has to be reserved until we all see how Burrows performs in the playoffs. Some guys are playoff performers - and based on his history in VAN I'd say he's quite good in this regard.

Same goes with Brassard. Historically clutch and strong in the playoffs. While I agree his offense has been mediocre, did you see that really nice defensive play he made right at the end of OT last night? Stone had our best chance in OT last night as well -- but I too agree he hasn't quite been the same since that hit to the head. Need to get him back into form as a dominant offensive player.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I did, as soon as Murray stepped down and Dorion hired Boucher! (No brainer)

After Boucher's introductory Press Conference I thought we'd be a playoff team. I've been saying all year long.

Dorion/Boucher is a top3 GM/Coach in the entire NHL this season. They've done an amazing job. Boucher's leadership, Dorion's trades and remaking the roster, the prospect we have coming in this season.

Nothing but good news in Ottawa this year, and the emotion to go along with it all, it's going to be an amazing playoffs - Ottawa is ready and playoff battle ready, I can't wait.

Whatever happens I k now I'll be proud, this isn't a team that is going to doubt itself or maybe not do their best. They are going to be all-in, and that is more dangerous then any amount of talent you can throw at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad