Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
My opinion from last season and this pre-season. Slow skater, does not use his size well. Attempts to fight at times and it ends badly for him. Seems lost at times.

Per an Evansville fan that sent me a DM today on twitter...

Decent at blocking & defense but clears the puck by flinging & not passing/controlling.

Thanks.
Didn't realize he had these shortcomings. Sounds like a project now.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks.
Didn't realize he had these shortcomings. Sounds like a project now.

I think he's been a project most of the time. He's the stereotypical "draft big" style pick.

That said, I've admired for a little while how much he puts up for being a European player. Many Euros would just go back and play in their home league if they found themselves playing in the ECHL for an extended period of time. Him and Mayorov sure put their time in at the NA minor league level.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I think he's been a project most of the time. He's the stereotypical "draft big" style pick.

That said, I've admired for a little while how much he puts up for being a European player. Many Euros would just go back and play in their home league if they found themselves playing in the ECHL for an extended period of time. Him and Mayorov sure put their time in at the NA minor league level.

Blomqvist looked promising several years ago at the summer prospect camp, as did others who aren't around anymore. It has to be tough on guys traveling America going from rink to rink on a bus, not exactly how they pictured it from back home.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With Calvert, Atkinson, Erixon, Moore, Savard, Johansen, and maybe JAM out of the lineup for at least a week, who do you Springy fans think will stay up with Columbus and who do you think will step up in their absence whether it be temporary or permanent?

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
My guess is only Moore and Atkinson will stick with the Jackets. Maybe another defenseman. Calvert will be the first callup when needed

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think he will be ready, he's been skating and if he's been cleared I say give him a shot. Let's see what he can really do.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'll take Moore, when he's healthy. He has a year of NHL experience, and was Springfield's best defenseman until he got hurt. Erixon has a lot of talent on offense, but right now we need defense more.

After seeing Moore at practice today, I'm no longer concerned about the lingering effects of his concussion. Erixson also looked good. He's not afraid to throw his body around and has some grit to his game.

Given Aucoin's age and the demands of the schedule, maybe we should put BOTH Moore and Erixson on the active roster? That gives us seven defensemen. One of them can take a night off in the press box.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After seeing Moore at practice today, I'm no longer concerned about the lingering effects of his concussion. Erixson also looked good. He's not afraid to throw his body around and has some grit to his game.

Given Aucoin's age and the demands of the schedule, maybe we should put BOTH Moore and Erixson on the active roster? That gives us seven defensemen. One of them can take a night off in the press box.

Going to carry 7 for sure. Only question is who are the last two out of Moore (more than likely) Savard & Erixon.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
guessing with Drazzy and Russell on $125 waivers that we are clearing two roster spots to bring in vets for Columbus and letting a couple more kids develop and spend the year in Springy...today and tomorrow should tell us a lot about that i guess...

who goes on waivers and who gets picked up by tomorrow

edit: apparently I misread a tweet and Drazzy and Russell are on standard waivers just for formality sake and not $125...so nevermind on this...

Last edited:

Hockeygirl2748

I see Moore sticking hands down. If I have to pick between Savard and Erixon, Erixon is better. But, I do not want Savard back. So, i'm pulling for him to make the team. That may sound awful, but he does not care when playing here it seems.

As for forwards, Cam of course makes it. Calvert should stick as well. I think Columbus fans need to know that Calvert is not going to be an offensive player. He had a good streak 2 seasons ago, but that is not his game. He's best served on the 3rd line. He hustles every shift and despite his small size, goes into the dirty areas and fights for the puck. I think people think of him as an offensive player and will be letdown if they do not accept him for what he is. A hard working player.

As for Johansen. He's not looking good to make the Jackets. I did not notice him missing at all Saturday, it was like most nights of not noticing him. :shakehead

The Falcons stepped up Saturday night. Lost Greg Amadio to injury again in the 1st. No information on the injury yet, but he missed the STH bowling event yesterday, so that worries me.

Also, McElhinney has a pulled groin. He did participate in bowling, so I think it's not serious.

Falcons have 4 games this week. @ Manchester tomorrow 1/15, home Friday v.s. CT and Saturday v.s. Albany and @ Bridgeport Sunday.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Even with the callups, they still have a very solid bunch on the ice. Should come out with a win against Manchester, who themselves lost a crapload of players.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
First road hattrick in 2 years for the Falcons, and ofcourse its AUDY-MARCHESSAULT. He is all over the place in this one. Fun game to follow, but can this be the game winning goal please?

7-5!! That should do it.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I figured they'd struggle defensively losing three of their best dmen but I didn't expect a scoring surge with Atkinson and Johansen gone. Chaput stepping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad