Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With Dubi, AA, Brass and MacKenzie there is some depth to play center in Columbus (not saying great players but 4 proven NHL centers).
Dubinsky isn't really a center. He's like Umberger, some people think he's a center and he can take faceoffs, but he's actually a winger. (Yes, I know the CBJ site lists him at center, but he isn't.)

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Just watched the interview with John Davidson on the CBJ web site. He noted that Ryan needs to learn to compete night in and night out, so the assessment seems to be correct, but I have no way of knowing seeing as I haven't seen Springfield. I caution, that JD may not have said compete, but the implication was in sync with this assessment, it seems to me

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
i think Springy loses Cam, Erixson, and Moore...

I disagree, I only see one of Moore or Erixon making the Columbus roster. Johnson,Wisniewski,Tyutin,Nikitin, and Aucoin won't be the 7th defensemen which only gives 1 spot left. The better player between Erixon and Moore will get the final spot. It would be pointless to have the other sitting in the press box. Would be more logical for them to stay in the AHL to get some playing minutes. Also they need to let them know why they got sent down(kind of the way they talked to Calvert last season). Just sign a cheap UFA for the 7th spot. Unless you plan on playing musical chairs with Erixon/Moore. Player with the best camp gets first shot at the number 6 spot. Once he struggles, he sits out and the other gets a chance. Then when he screws up, they go back with the other. But imo, not a great way to develop them like that.

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
You guys really think Erixon has a chance cracking the lineup? That would be great.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You guys really think Erixon has a chance cracking the lineup? That would be great.

He'll compete with Moore (who although probably has the edge because of his NHL experience, is just coming back from a concussion), and David Savard.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

He has the poise with the puck to make smart decisions. The other night I saw him pass to a defender late in the game to force the ref to call too many men. That kind of awareness is great for someone trying to crack an NHL lineup. He needs to get stronger down low but once he figures that, watch out.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i see Aucoin as the 7th guy...which isn't a bad thing...

but this talk isn't for this thread...

Hockeygirl2748

I do not think he's ready. He gets caught out of position at times and takes holding and hooking penalties because he is trying to get back in to defensive positioning on the play. Offense is good, can shoot and puckhandle well. His defense is where he is lacking.

Moore is the best defensman on the Falcons. He is recovering from the concussion and has been skating for a week.

As for Savard, Columbus is welcome to call him up. Please. :) Most over-hyped prospect in the system.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
i see Aucoin as the 7th guy..

Interesting, I see him as the #5 unless his age and the lockout spells the end for him (which I doubt). This guy should be able to still play 20 minutes a night in the event of injury or sub-par performance.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
As for Savard, Columbus is welcome to call him up. Please. :) Most over-hyped prospect in the system.

Over-hyped? Quite possibly. I wish I could watch him more as the numbers and his utilization don't seem to support the fans analysis. The limited time in Columbus hasn't shown me anything to suggest he can't be an eventual NHL player.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Aucoin's spot is really going to depend on how good Erixon and Moore are. If both of them show capability at Camp of playing NHL minutes then I think he is the 7th D-man and his mentor role is leaned on heavily, but if only one of them sticks he'll pair up on the blueline with whoever it is (Moore/Erixon).

I hope we actually extend him if he can still play (ala prospal), he's a great mentor to young D-men and with Murray likely coming in next year as well it would be nice to have a real veteran presence around for a while.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Dubinsky isn't really a center. He's like Umberger, some people think he's a center and he can take faceoffs, but he's actually a winger. (Yes, I know the CBJ site lists him at center, but he isn't.)

Uhh, Dubinsky is perfectly capable of playing center at a high level in the NHL. I've watched him enough to know that. I don't know where this "He really isn't a center" comes from. There may be better options at center (not so sure with this team), but he is a center. That is the position that the Jackets have been scouting him at for years.

I don't think Umberger when I think Dubinsky by any means, unless you are talking about offensive upside.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Over-hyped? Quite possibly. I wish I could watch him more as the numbers and his utilization don't seem to support the fans analysis. The limited time in Columbus hasn't shown me anything to suggest he can't be an eventual NHL player.

Savard is trade bait.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Uhh, Dubinsky is perfectly capable of playing center at a high level in the NHL. I've watched him enough to know that. I don't know where this "He really isn't a center" comes from. There may be better options at center (not so sure with this team), but he is a center. That is the position that the Jackets have been scouting him at for years.

I don't think Umberger when I think Dubinsky by any means, unless you are talking about offensive upside.

Yeah, Dubinsky is fine as a #2 center although the guy is streaky. Our issue is again whether someone can rise up to become a #1.

thebus2288*

While the top 4 is pretty much set and capable of playing D for me Nikitin is the only guy I have confidence in when it comes to a true defensive situation. For this reason alone I expect/hope to see Aucoin in the majority of games.

(5/6) Aucoin-(5/6)Moore...(6/7)Holden(6/7)Erixon

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, Dubinsky is fine as a #2 center although the guy is streaky. Our issue is again whether someone can rise up to become a #1.

Not this year. Bi-polar Brassard is our best shot this year. I haven't seen evidence that Johansen is remotely close.

We got a bunch of top six players, just none of them are either ready for or capable of top line duty. That top line will be pretty patch work. At least they should compete.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Johansen needs to season in the AHL. Moore is the best, it strikes me that the Falcons slide began about the time he got hurt. Erixon makes too many defensive mistakes but I love him on a power play. Savard isn't playing like he was last year, particularly on defense. Camsanity is a no brainer, JAM and Calvert possibles but I see them keeping the team mostly intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad