Confirmed Trade: [LAK/PIT] Tanner Pearson for Carl Hagelin (6.25% retained)

member 88115

Eklund says that LA now has "serious interest" in Mats Zuccarello. Blake's grand scheme becomes clearer by the day. He's trying to corner the market on over-30 players.
I heard Blake is willing to give up Toffoli and this year's first rounder.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Eklund says that LA now has "serious interest" in Mats Zuccarello. Blake's grand scheme becomes clearer by the day. He's trying to corner the market on over-30 players. By the time that the deadline rolls around, any contenders looking for veterans will have to line up at his door.

Clearly he'll be coming back to Rutherford about Brassard too.

Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello.

He's getting the Rangers band back together.

LzAbgn.gif

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Nobody has played more post season games than Hagelin in the past 6 seasons.

Also, how fast is Hagelin?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Nobody has played more post season games than Hagelin in the past 6 seasons.

Also, how fast is Hagelin?

Easily one of the top 5 fastest players in the league, potentially top 3. And he has a nonstop motor. The issue is that while he can make short passes in the OZ (Hags, Malkin and Kessel could really put on some magic when they wanted to), his hands blow. His only goal this season was a tap into an empty net due to the amazing cross crease feed Malkin (or Kessel?) gave him.

Reactions: JJ68

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pearson now has 2 goals and 3 points in his last 2 games, with his 2nd goal being this snipe:

Now up to 3 points in 4 games with the Penguins, I wonder how much he'll have to produce for the takes of "Tanner Pearson sucks!!!!!" to look stupid.

I'm really glad to see Hagelin has done well so far with the Kings, a 20.4% CF%Rel is downright absurd. He had had 2 absolutely fantastic games for the Kings statistically, I'm glad to see that.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Pearson now has 2 goals and 3 points in his last 2 games, with his 2nd goal being this snipe:

Now up to 3 points in 4 games with the Penguins, I wonder how much he'll have to produce for the takes of "Tanner Pearson sucks!!!!!" to look stupid.

I'm really glad to see Hagelin has done well so far with the Kings, a 20.4% CF%Rel is downright absurd. He had had 2 absolutely fantastic games for the Kings statistically, I'm glad to see that.

2 games... Take a chill pill

member 88115

And it only took 17 games before Kings fans decided Pearson sucks.
Most unemotional LA fans know the flawed team system affected most of the players, Pearson included (I was pissed when this trade happen). Glad he is working out for you guys cause he was going nowhere here in LA, like the rest of the team.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
Eklund says that LA now has "serious interest" in Mats Zuccarello. Blake's grand scheme becomes clearer by the day. He's trying to corner the market on over-30 players. By the time that the deadline rolls around, any contenders looking for veterans will have to line up at his door.

It’s a good strategy. Then, hopefully, we’ll rebuild.

Reactions: BringTheReign

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It must be pretty awesome for Pearson to play with these Malkin and Kessel guys.

I like Kopitar and Carter as players and all, but those guys fit better with Pearson.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It must be pretty awesome for Pearson to play with these Malkin and Kessel guys.

I like Kopitar and Carter as players and all, but those guys fit better with Pearson.

Any line on any team would be better than the current iteration of the Kings. This sums up their team right now:

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
I mean I love Hags and all, Great on PK.
But my pulse didn’t even rise when he went on a breakaway. And with his speed, there are quite a few of them. Shoots it right into the chest of the goalie, or misses the goal completely.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Hags and about 4 others have shown a pulse on this Kong’s team. The system is broke, the mindsets are broke. Pearson will do well in Pittsburgh with the fresh start. He would have just kept going through the motions in LA losing more confidence with every passing game.

I have always appreciated Hags and I love his energy and speed and I hope we end up moving him to a contender. He does not deserve this team and this LA team does not deserve him.

Until Kopitar and Doughty decide to actually play this LA team is a black hole team

Pens fans be happy you got a solid top 9 guy in his prime. He costs a bit but should be a good fit.

Kings fans like me, well we don’t have a whole lot to look forward to other than the draft as well as to clear out some of this stale deadweight for a rebuild, refresh, retool or rebrand or whatever way Luc wants to spin it when he gets it through his thick head that this team is done. We basically cleared up some space for next year and helped ensure a better pick w this trade.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Hags and about 4 others have shown a pulse on this Kong’s team. The system is broke, the mindsets are broke. Pearson will do well in Pittsburgh with the fresh start. He would have just kept going through the motions in LA losing more confidence with every passing game.

I have always appreciated Hags and I love his energy and speed and I hope we end up moving him to a contender. He does not deserve this team and this LA team does not deserve him.

Until Kopitar and Doughty decide to actually play this LA team is a black hole team

Pens fans be happy you got a solid top 9 guy in his prime. He costs a bit but should be a good fit.

Kings fans like me, well we don’t have a whole lot to look forward to other than the draft as well as to clear out some of this stale deadweight for a rebuild, refresh, retool or rebrand or whatever way Luc wants to spin it when he gets it through his thick head that this team is done. We basically cleared up some space for next year and helped ensure a better pick w this trade.
The Kings like the Nucks and Ducks dominated the West for so long but these things happen. At least a fan like you see,s what is about to endure and if done right it doesn't have to be pathetic attempts like the Oilers flames Leafs. yes, I said it. Jt is so going to screw that team long term. Ducks refuse to accept they are done.

Kings Are like the Canucks 5 years ago. No prospects. Deadweight contracts. Let's see if Blake can draft and unload the crap as JB did. I actually like the Kings. It was fun when we 2 teams were the cream of the crop along with the hawks. Nobody can deny how much JB has done with Literally no prospects.
Good luck on the rebuild Hopefully you can unload Kovi and Dion. Cheers ps get rid od WD.

Reactions: funky

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Just an opinon,

Unless you get lucky or draft a crazy player deeper down, the talent drop off is massive from finishing middle of the pack or finishing as a lottery team. A healthy quick kopi doughty will not allow it to be a lottery team imo. Not saying you should trade doughty just think it would be hard to acquire the top top end talent needed ie mcdavid echiel marner matthews laine instead its more middling prospects. Kind of like where the habs will be for a few years IMO.
There dead last right now with those players. WD will take care of the rest. Nucks and Kings. My 2 teams. I hope Blake can do what JB has done with a lot less so quickly. We used to battle for the top. Now due to our final year of the rebuild and all the Injuries. Battle for Hughes?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Pearsons PPG/P dropped 15% last night!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was actually kind of surprised by Hagelin's all-around game. Not that Pens fans didn't mention it, I just thought that was something you said when low-production forwards get traded :laugh:

He's actually got a pretty damn high IQ, you can tell he wants to do more with the puck but just can't lol--but to flip that, he can actually read plays really really well and that also makes him very effective gumming up opposing breakouts. Can see why he'd be pretty valuable at the deadline.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I was actually kind of surprised by Hagelin's all-around game. Not that Pens fans didn't mention it, I just thought that was something you said when low-production forwards get traded :laugh:

He's actually got a pretty damn high IQ, you can tell he wants to do more with the puck but just can't lol--but to flip that, he can actually read plays really really well and that also makes him very effective gumming up opposing breakouts. Can see why he'd be pretty valuable at the deadline.

Yeah he's an excellent defensive player, even in the offensive zone he will get in good positions but his hands are pretty awful unless he's on one of his hot streaks.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
And it only took 17 games before Kings fans decided Pearson sucks.

Technically it took us 325 games to reach this conclusion, not 17 (if that's even a unanimous conclusion at all, which i doubt)

Pearson doesn't suck as a hockey player, Pearson sucked tremendously this year for LA though
So does everyone else on the Kings team
These facts remain true, no matter how you slice it
However, no one, other than 1 Kings fan that i know of, thinks that Pearson is a terrible hockey player.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad