Waived: [LAK] D Tobias Bjornfot waived by the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He won't be claimed. Every team has multiple players like Bjornfot/better than Bjornfot in their system.

Reactions: Fripp

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He sounds like defenseman Tyson Jost.

To be fair, Jost got multiple cracks at the apple even after doing nothing with the Avs and even conned the Sabres into giving him a $2 million one-way deal this last summer.

So Bjornfot could very well be claimed.

I just don’t think it’s anything to get excited about. I mean, Kings fans - it’s not that I don’t trust your opinions that it’s gonna suck if you lose him for nothing (nobody likes losing a former high pick for nothing) - but I feel like there is a bit of past history PTSD worry here of like “well yeah duh, of course we let Tobias go and he develops into something good somewhere else, happens every time”…

As for why a team like the Hawks claimed Megna and not Bjornfot - obviously Megna was available first and due to the fact that the Hawks are icing an almost entirely rookie blueline at times - despite this place obsessing over youth and potential - sometimes it is important on teams (even rebuilding ones) to value having some solid citizen vets around the office.

Reactions: David Lunch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad