Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Blake has overpaid not overcommitted..
Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets a Danault type deal with less ACV
Danault, Fiala, Moore, Kempe all got deals with extended term.

You think the guy he gave up a first for that could very well be a huge difference between an early exit and a playoff run won't be offered the same?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Danault, Fiala, Moore, Kempe all got deals with extended term.

You think the guy he gave up a first for that could very well be a huge difference between an early exit and a playoff run won't be offered the same?
Extended deal terms??
6, 7, 5, 4 … that supposed term requirement would take Gavrikov to his 35 age, unless Blake foresees him going a different route than Edler you overpay for shorter term

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
mind blowing numbers being generated by Gavrikov so far through 5 periods as a King.

according to naturalstatrick, he has been on the ice for 30 (!!!) shots FOR and just SIX against at even strength . absurd.

he scored his first as a king tonight and is already playing 2nd most TOI numbers behind Doughty. what a pick up.
Come on.... you know as well as I do Gavrikov is terrible. He was such a horrible player on CBJ and isn't worth even a 3rd round pick according to some. Thankfully we added Korpi to the deal to get the 1st. :)

Kings fans will be very happy with both and I suspect some added respect for both players will be displayed as they settle in to their new team. They are going to be great for them.

Reactions: Viqsi and funky

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus has done a very good job with their rebuilding.
They have created a top3 prospect pool lead by Jiricek& Johnson, 2 prospects that could address their main weakness, not to even mention the 2023 pick.

They also have Werenski/Laine/Gaudreau on their roster and on your point they have them all signed up longterm.

They are much better than their record shows this year and in 2 years time they’ll be legit
Why bother. The old narrative of everyone wants to leave Columbus is too easy to point to from 10,000 ft. Just let it go. We have the prospect pool, we're seeing development, we have talent in the NHL and we have long term contracts for key players. If the current mix of young and core don't produce within 2-3 years then we all know there will be changes in Columbus.

Any ideal what the numbers could be for Gavri? I heard he wants term.
Had not heard anything on AAV or term specifically but it was brought up in Columbus that the money wasn't the issue but rather the term. I suspect he wanted 7-8 years and Columbus only wanted 4 (maybe 5) due to the depth coming through the prospect pool. I suspect he'll end up signing a 4-5 year deal in the off season somewhere and probably in the neighborhood of $5-5.5AAV

Reactions: BB88

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kovalchuk, Peterson, Walker, Roy, and Moore were
all a year too long, IMO.
First yes,
Roy is a stud defensive Dman but you’re too blind to see that. He’s literally MacKenzie Weegar
Walkers deal was great when it was sign and was low value so try again
Moore is literally proving that he’s the straw that stirs the second line..

If anything, they should have extended Roy to 8 years at that low ACV ala Mikey!

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
First yes,
Roy is a stud defensive Dman but you’re too blind to see that. He’s literally MacKenzie Weegar
Walkers deal was great when it was sign and was low value so try again
Moore is literally proving that he’s the straw that stirs the second line..

If anything, they should have extended Roy to 8 years at that low ACV ala Mikey!

Roy is a great defenseman, and Moore is a great forward. I never said otherwise?

And in no universe should Walker, with a best scenario ceiling of a 5-6 D, be extended for the term he was. You can try to hand wave it as much as you want, but it was a bad contract. Period. And the Kings are paying the price for that this season by players like Clarke and Spence being forced into lower leagues because journeymen like Walker are taking up NHL spots.

Good job leaving out Peterson and Kovalchuk to fit your rebuttal, by the way.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Roy is a great defenseman, and Moore is a great forward. I never said otherwise?

And in no universe should Walker, with a best scenario ceiling of a 5-6 D, be extended for the term he was. You can try to hand wave it as much as you want, but it was a bad contract. Period. And the Kings are paying the price for that this season by players like Clarke and Spence being forced into lower leagues because journeymen like Walker are taking up NHL spots.

Good job leaving out Peterson and Kovalchuk to fit your rebuttal, by the way.

Peterson and Kovy, I literally said yes, those were bad contracts.
As for Walker, a Dman that could net 20+ points and a positive defensive share on some of the shittiest Kings teams in recent memory.. Well yes, his paltry salary of $2.65 fir 4 years was in fact a bargain. You and others like you are only complaining because others have had breakout seasons and should be playing over him but that doesn’t make his contract bad when it was signed. Shit, a lot of people on here liked it more than the extension Roy signed and that’s another bargain contract.
As for Clarke, well he’s an exceptional talent who would have gotten killed on these Kings. The kid absolutely lacks the physical maturity needed to play in the league and possibly under Todd’s system. It wouldn’t surprise me one but if people go on crybaby rant when Clarke ends up in Ontario because that’s very likely given the teams recent history with prospects.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah I don’t see why Blake wouldn’t offer him 7 or even 8. He’s only 27 and his style ages well.

Also, Blake is at the point where if he f***s up, this contract is someone else's problem anyway.

That would make the defensive core long-term over that duration an aging Doughty, Anderson, Gavrikov, and Clarke. I could see him pulling the trigger since that slot has been vacant for years. But dunno, he's starting to add up a lot of long-term deals.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
“Others have had breakout seasons and should be playing over Walker, but…”

Do you read the words you write?
I did, do you not understand that having a guy on a lower $$ contract surpassed by youth isn’t a problem right? It’s literally what you would want.. Or is it the fact that he got hurt and it tanked his value making it almost impossible to move him? Also factor in the fact that Todd loves his vets on what he and Blake consider a contender. Why else would they play Edler who is having his worse defensive season in a decade over a Bjornfot? It ain’t size, it’s a level of confidence/comfort/familiarity.
Walkers contract isn’t preventing anyone front replacing him, that’s on the coach even more so than the FO.. they could have waived him in order to send him to Ontario but did they?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Why bother. The old narrative of everyone wants to leave Columbus is too easy to point to from 10,000 ft. Just let it go. We have the prospect pool, we're seeing development, we have talent in the NHL and we have long term contracts for key players. If the current mix of young and core don't produce within 2-3 years then we all know there will be changes in Columbus.

Had not heard anything on AAV or term specifically but it was brought up in Columbus that the money wasn't the issue but rather the term. I suspect he wanted 7-8 years and Columbus only wanted 4 (maybe 5) due to the depth coming through the prospect pool. I suspect he'll end up signing a 4-5 year deal in the off season somewhere and probably in the neighborhood of $5-5.5AAV

Unless his plans are to go back east to Florida or some other team, I think Blake will offer 6 years to keep it around 5AAV or less. Brings him to 34 years old.

Reactions: majormajor

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Nearly perfect

Great to hear, ill follow the talks in regards to what his next contract looks like as Vancouver seems to have a lot of interest and fans are connecting the dots that he is a Dan Milstein client which seems to treat Vancouver has a 2nd home these days.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Better sign him fast, gavrikov has major interest in vancouver, also he is a dan client

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad