Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Korpi has been playing really lately
He’s going help the Kings
Kings only top team in the West that given as many goals as they score

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
there is a quote in here or kings thread on this topic that in a interview at the beginning of the season ask if he was going to play next year and he said thats the plan
Kind of a weird situation.
If he changed his mind and decided he was retiring, would you announce it when you are in a playoff spot.
You couldn't even really make up your mind being on a team in playoff position, anyway.
I guess last year with Brownie, he was considering it heavily before the season even began.
Then he had confirmation early in the season.
A lot different with Quick.
It does offer a semi loophole anyway, that he would be seeking to play elsewhere as the Kings were moving on from QUickie

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
there is a quote in here or kings thread on this topic that in a interview at the beginning of the season ask if he was going to play next year and he said thats the plan

He had a real good season last year, and a lot of us thought he'd be back on a 1 year deal at a reduced cost and go season by season. Nobody thought he'd struggle like he has, although at times the defense and pk were terrible around him. If we'd got the same or just average Quick, he wouldn't have been moved. both him and Petersen changed the goalie dynamic this season with their struggles. Someone will still sign him next year.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
weird even if Quick has been bad this year he's the type of guy they could probably rely on if Copley doesn't start well in the playoffs.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
weird even if Quick has been bad this year he's the type of guy they could probably rely on if Copley doesn't start well in the playoffs.
He wasn't though, edit: ok I see you specified playoffs. As a fan that watches all the Kings games, I would not put any trust in him anymore. It sucks but he just never was able to return to any semblance of form this season.

Reactions: Byfield

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Phoenix copley is a 3rd string and has a .899 sv% and 2.82 gaa. His nhl career stats are .900 sv% and 2.91 gaa. He is playing to exactly his career averages and thats why hes a 3rd string. It's just that quick is washed up and Peterson seemingly lost all his ability. Copley is playing to level he always has, quick and Peterson were just so inept he looked good in comparison.

correct....Copley is playing merely average and is still 18-4 with the Kings. Tells the story that Kings team overall is solid as is the Defense.....GAA is respectable 2.82.

Quick and Peterson both fell off the cliff- note I was at Quicks game that will now be his last home W. At no point did he look comfortable and he hasnt really looked like the Quick of old all season long. To say hes been fighting the puck and guessing is not unfair nor inaccurate.

Last edited:

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Why did the Kings trade Quick? What did they see in the returns from the Jackets?

Cap space. And Quick is 37 so essential replacing him with a 28 year old + a big LD that we needed for 3+ years. Take the emotions out of the trade and the Kings did very well.

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Since November 28th, he has played 15 games and had a sv% below .890 in 13 of the 15. One of the 2 other games was where he only played about 1 period in relief and stopped all 7 total shots and he only had 1 other good game where he stopped 23 out of 24 in that time span.

He was below .870 in 9 of those 15. Below .860 sv% in 7 of them. That's about as done as it gets. He had a few good games in October and November but nothing since.

Svs percentage by month
October .888
November .892
December .867
Jan .857
Feb .821.

A pattern

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
mind blowing numbers being generated by Gavrikov so far through 5 periods as a King.

according to naturalstatrick, he has been on the ice for 30 (!!!) shots FOR and just SIX against at even strength . absurd.

he scored his first as a king tonight and is already playing 2nd most TOI numbers behind Doughty. what a pick up.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's actually been 9 periods now and he's been on the ice for 49 shots for and 14 against. That's out of 76 chances for and 28 against, which is a Corsi of 73%. His high danger chances are even better at 29 for and 5 against, which is a HDCF% of 85%.

That said, it's an extremely small sample size against nothing but non-playoff teams, so he certainly won't keep it up, but, yeah, he's been fantastic since joining.

Reactions: Muffinalt and hn777

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So you support Jarmo and are ride or die with him. Got it.

While of course it's a nice start, but there's just so much more to winning than prospects. Development, coaching, resources, chemistry, etc are just some of the other major factors that determine that.

When you have a handful of (very talented) players want to leave town under your ownership/management that speaks volumes to me that something significant is much more foul in the organization.

I'm so confident that, assuming Jarmo is GM for the foreseeable future, that 5 years from now we'll be having the same conversation we're having now - With Columbus still nowhere near true Cup contention. I'd put a bet on it, but not sure how we would.

Columbus has done a very good job with their rebuilding.
They have created a top3 prospect pool lead by Jiricek& Johnson, 2 prospects that could address their main weakness, not to even mention the 2023 pick.

They also have Werenski/Laine/Gaudreau on their roster and on your point they have them all signed up longterm.

They are much better than their record shows this year and in 2 years time they’ll be legit

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ummm....yes I do, and for 35 years old he's still playing at a high level, 200 foot game. Having his best goal scoring season since his Hart nomination season. So tell me how that is slowing down?
This is why he asked you if you actively watch him playing?
You are just looking at his stats

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Any ideal what the numbers could be for Gavri? I heard he wants term.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think it could help sway Kirsanov to come over from Russia when his contract is up in 2025. Could you imagine...

Anderson--Doughty
Gavrikov--Clarke
Kirsanov--Spence
One thing I cannot imagine is Kirsanov-Spence pairing at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad