Value of: Laine and his new contract

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Really good at one timing pucks on the pp while not playing top d-men being sheltered-ish on the 2nd line. Hell of a player dont get me wrong but I wouldn't give him more than 9. Tavares money? No, he plays arguably the least valuable position in hockey (could argue goalies are less valuable) and is an RFA.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
i dont see why he shouldnt make as much as eichel

because hes not as good. hes a one demensional winger, hes good at what he does but hes no Matthews.

Oilers were dumb to give connor a blank cheque but I get why they did it. IIts not a desireable place to play, neither is winnipeg or buffalo. The advantage winnipeg has over the other dumps is they can win. I fully expect liane to come in around 8 mil.the only question is if he will sign eight years and eat ufa years at 8.if hes puting forty to 50 goals up in his 22-26 seasons eight mil is a bargain.Its hard to tell. I think his contract will be the most interesting because hes not a center, hes one dimensional and he has the most potential to score fifty year in and out(mostly pp goals mind you)

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The Draisaitl contract is such a pain in the *** for Leafs and Jets fans. Everybody else around Drai makes about $2M less, but that contract is brutal for teams looking to sign their own RFA's.

I say Laine ends up between $9.5-10M for 6-8 years but if it wasn't for Edmonton maybe $8x8 could have gotten it done

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Chevy knows how to treat players coming of elc's with no rights even though most gm's have no clue.
8x8 tops will get it done.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He’s an RFA coming off an ELC.

Only the oilers give their players UFA type contracts to RFAs and/or players off of ELCs.
If you had the best player in the world, you'd hand him a blank cheque too. Too bad your franchise player walked away for free. In terms of Drai, yes that was an overpay by a million bucks.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad